2019 Manny Diaz - State your Stance

Much respect, OriginalGatorHater, let's see where they finish and we finish in the Coastal. I say we finish #1 and they finish #2 or #3.
You can blast me all you want at the end of the season or I will blast your ***. Wanna make friendly $5 bet?

I was only joking. I think we still control our destiny since Clemson and NC state or going to whoop UNCs ***. Trust me if we win the Coastal I am looking forward to all the heat I am going to get in December. I want to be eating crow very very badly and if the season turn out poorly, I will be too depressed to be gloating about it lol.

Advertisement
Losing to a team that we beat 47-10 last year is the sign of a coRch. I have no faith in Mannys ability as a Head Coach until I see otherwise. I also don’t trust Dan Enos’s ability as a play caller and I think Bakers containment philosophy and play calling is trash.

With that said GO CANES!

I am getting a bit worried. I have been agreeing with a ton of your posts lately. @Dwinstitles am I in the twilight zone?

What ******* dip****s call for their head coach to be fired after 2 games???? This board is ridiculous. I don't like being 0-2 either, but come on. What coach turns chit around in 2 games. You motherfackers have lost your minds or need to take a xaynax. How ever the fvck it is spelled.
I agree with you but why did you even start this thread. With the mood around here since the UNC game, you had to know you were going to get this response.

Did you do it just to flush out the Miami wannabes in one shot?

He’s not the guy. He’ll be loyal to his boys just like golden was. People that hate losing are willing to make changes and he won’t. And our schedule in 21 and 22 is brutal so in year 3 and 4, we’ll probably have two auto losses, bama MSU, tamu and Clemson. I seen this movie before

Advertisement
I hope I'm wrong I just do see it.

That's his defense out there with holes all in it. That's his "Bermuda Triangle" out there who peaked two years ago and has been on a steady decline since. That's been his staph on that side of the ball for four years now unable to close on any recruit worth their stars. I've seen his defense take their fair share of punches to the mouth against any team with a pulse. He fired everyone on the offensive side of the ball but not one person from his side of the ball showing me he's blind to real issues or is more worried about friendships.

We got out of Richt's buyout for nothing. The next 2-3 seasons are with house money. We were supposed to be trapped. Maybe Diaz is the guy, maybe he isn't. We've been in show me mode for over a decade and still are, nothings changed from the season goal. Win the coastal, show incremental improvement, maintain momentum.

There's a version of this thing where we're happy the lumps were early, and not late.

JUST BECAUSE YOU GET OUT OF RICHTS CONTRACT DIDNT MEAN WE NEEDED TO HIRE AL GOLDEN VOLUME 2...

Jump forward to 2021 and we're pulling receipts. Where do you stand on Manny Diaz, do you think he is the right guy to bring us back to being consistently relevant or not.

I do. If I'm wrong in 2 years, come grab this post and throw it in my face.
He’s 0-2 as a HC. Why do a ‘look at me’ post at all here?

Advertisement
1. I like Manny but would have NEVER hired him in the first place. The only job he had the resume for was Temple. I didnt want any coach that had to come here and learn on the job.

2. Any new head coach with no experience (except Chris Petersen or Urban Meyer) is going to face obstacles and will need some time to figure out his approach to preventing failure and demanding results. So far Manny has failed miserably but he should still get 2 years to show us what he's got. More than the W/L record I want to see how he's able to build a staff.

I like the pressure he's getting right now. He will either sink or swim within 3 years time. Miami admin thought they could hoodwink the fans for 5 years with this hire, no way.

If he enters year 2 with the same staff then he's done. I don't see this team winning the Coastal and if we don't chances need to be made.

Diaz. Until he proves he can’t get it done. Just like the others before him, he will win or die.

Advertisement
I’m with it. Assuming Enos sticks around to at least see Jarren Williams through his Junior Year, I think the future is bright.

Signs point to no and until I’m proven otherwise, no. Bump this after signing day, when we have a larger sample size to go off of

Advertisement
Mark me down as being all in. I like his approach so far and hope he can back it up on the field soon. There is also a part of me that wants him to be the right coach so bad that it could be clouding my judgement. It’s really nothing about him but I just want the U to be relevant again.

Advertisement
Back