2019 Manny Diaz - State your Stance

Jump forward to 2021 and we're pulling receipts. Where do you stand on Manny Diaz, do you think he is the right guy to bring us back to being consistently relevant or not.

I do. If I'm wrong in 2 years, come grab this post and throw it in my face.

We are past the point for any coach to make us relevant.

Advertisement
How is he “a Miami guy”. His degree says FSU. He is a nole not a Cane. He might become one but at the moment he looks all nole — lot of talk and no action. Needs to win frigging game and leave the other team red faced.

You don't know Manny very well, then... He grew up in Miami as a Cane fan and was at the Orange Bowl watching JJ win his NC against OU. This is his dream job growing up as a cane! He will not waste this opportunity. And yes, a lot of talk because the man has 2 games of HC experience. Give him time. If you pay attention to the details you'll see he get its. He gets the "Miami Standard" and he holds people accountable.

We are past the point for any coach to make us relevant.

Lets not forget we were # 2 in the country just a few years ago. Yes, it was fake news because we weren't very good. However, it wont take us long... New HC, new OC, new DC, new QB... its a big ask yet we're only 2 plays from beating a top 10 SEC team and being 2-0. Not bad.

Lets not forget we were # 2 in the country just a few years ago. Yes, it was fake news because we weren't very good. However, it wont take us long... New HC, new OC, new DC, new QB... its a big ask yet we're only 2 plays from beating a top 10 SEC team and being 2-0. Not bad.

You forgot new O line. Likely new defense in a year as well.

Advertisement
Sample size is too small to even take a guess. Taking a stand this early is irrational and emotional rush to judgement.

You don't know Manny very well, then... He grew up in Miami as a Cane fan and was at the Orange Bowl watching JJ win his NC against OU. This is his dream job growing up as a cane! He will not waste this opportunity. And yes, a lot of talk because the man has 2 games of HC experience. Give him time. If you pay attention to the details you'll see he get its. He gets the "Miami Standard" and he holds people accountable.
Yeah, yeah, I got that he is FROM Miami. Why did he choose FSU for college? Daddy is Miami alum and has money. Lots of kids are from Miami but go to UF or FSU and become gator or nole. He is one of them. I was in OB for the gator flop and was born in Miami -- had I went to ND I would be a domer. Sure there are lots of alums from other schools that wish they were Canes and even become Cane fans but to act like Manny is some sort of super Canes fan denies reality.

Advertisement
Jump forward to 2021 and we're pulling receipts. Where do you stand on Manny Diaz, do you think he is the right guy to bring us back to being consistently relevant or not.

I do. If I'm wrong in 2 years, come grab this post and throw it in my face.
Go jump off a pier into a bull shark breading ground! That is all.

Advertisement
Back