2019 Manny Diaz - State your Stance

Advertisement
Never was a fan of his recruiting.

Never was a fan of his evaluations.

Never was completely sold on him as a DC.

Didnt like his choice to go with a traditional offense.

Also, he is a Seminole. Not just an alumni, but a student of their football philosophy.

I dont think hes the guy, but he absolutely can be. Would love to be wrong.

“Miami guy” where have I heard that BS before? JJ On speed dial, again where have a heard this before? It’s all the same BS we’ve heard from the last 4 staffs. He’s holding his players accountable huh, ok, more importantly who’s holding the ******* crap assistant coaches accountable? There the ones coaching these kids. Some one put up a graphic on here Of the most players in the nfl from the top colleges the last ten years and we were number three. Everyone of those other top ten teams have either won or played for a title in that time except us. If that’s not a direct indictment of the ****** coaching this admin has hired then I don’t know what is. Manny and his crap staff are no different and will be gone sooner then later. Mark my words!
I agree, but I stop at “....I don’t know what is.”

Advertisement
ECAD8754-1D70-451F-A320-0FAA2A5DCD46.gif

What ******* dip****s call for their head coach to be fired after 2 games???? This board is ridiculous. I don't like being 0-2 either, but come on. What coach turns chit around in 2 games. You motherfackers have lost your minds or need to take a xaynax. How ever the fvck it is spelled.

Too early, but leaning corch. All the "he is a Miami guy," "he knows the program." "this is his dream job," is jus rah rah bullchit Canes fans ********** to. We need highly paid, highly competent, professional football men to turn this around in this day and age....is Manny and this staff that? I don't know.

Advertisement
Jump forward to 2021 and we're pulling receipts. Where do you stand on Manny Diaz, do you think he is the right guy to bring us back to being consistently relevant or not.

I do. If I'm wrong in 2 years, come grab this post and throw it in my face.
82 posts... doubt I’ll be focusing on calling you out. Manny’s going to be just fine. He and you both just need some time. 🙌

I don't think he's the guy, but I think he's going to try like **** and have a lot of people buying in for a long time -- he's the son of a politician and will know how to play the game.

I don't think he's the guy to get recruiting to a level it needs to get to an ACC Championship and ultimately College Football Playoffs. To make up for it...can he evaluate and coach'em up...the jury is still out on him, but I don't see any indication that he's Butch Davis in this regard.

His defensive scheme has holes...always has, always will and its predicated on some luck based metrics or stats that aren't indicative of success.

There are other reasons I don't think he's the guy...but I am not sure its going to be ALL on him either...the school can't really pay for mid-P5 assistants and while Miami did land Enos, they basically nickel-and-dimed the rest of the staff in his first hires. Bunch of Group of 5 coaches coming to coach Power 5 football. Good luck. It'll sound petty, but you should have known the jig was up when Miami couldn't afford JuJuan Seider and settled for Hickson. Told me right then and there that his potential successes are going to be capped. He's going to have to put together a gourmet meal using boxed macaroni and cheese like its Guy's Grocery Games.

I really do think he shares a lot of similarities to Randy...more than anyone is likely willing to recognize. In the good, the bad, and in the situation they inherited.

Advertisement
We all want the canes to win but maybe we fans didn't really know how big a mess this team was in.we might of had unrealistic expectations for this team.and didn't realize it might take another year of two to get it straight.after calming down after both disappointing loses which we could've won.Manny will be here at least another couple seasons.defense is good but not great and the offense is a lot better than last years.we will see by the end of this season and next year's if Manny is the guy.

Advertisement
It’s early to write him off. He says the things I want to hear but the loss to UNC raises concerns for me. I definitely think coaching is our biggest problem. We need someone who can outperform or even perform up to the talent levels we have.

As for UNC, one issue I have is that they were way worse than us last year, with less talent and a new coaching staff as well, yet we lost to them. It’s unacceptable. I still think we have to watch to see if this staff learns, adjusts and improves or continues on the UNC game path.

Additionally, I’m getting visions of Alf with Dorito and Mork with Jorn as it relates to some of the staff we have. I want to see if he makes the tough decisions needed here as well.
Not to mention we had an extra week to prepare. That's what is really giving me pause. Two weeks and that is what they came up with?

Teams with good coaching play like teams with good coaching. North Carolina has less talent and a true freshmen QB. They looked like a better coached team even though they only had 1 week to prepare for us vs 2 weeks for Manny.
As of today Manny is a Temple level 1st year coach who’s made pretty poor assistant hires and it shows.

“Miami guy” where have I heard that BS before? JJ On speed dial, again where have a heard this before? It’s all the same BS we’ve heard from the last 4 staffs. He’s holding his players accountable huh, ok, more importantly who’s holding the ******* crap assistant coaches accountable? There the ones coaching these kids. Some one put up a graphic on here Of the most players in the nfl from the top colleges the last ten years and we were number three. Everyone of those other top ten teams have either won or played for a title in that time except us. If that’s not a direct indictment of the ****** coaching this admin has hired then I don’t know what is. Manny and his crap staff are no different and will be gone sooner then later. Mark my words!
whatphrase_32750_952256.gif

Advertisement
Back