2019 Manny Diaz - State your Stance

Advertisement
We all want the canes to win but maybe we fans didn't really know how big a mess this team was in.we might of had unrealistic expectations for this team.and didn't realize it might take another year of two to get it straight.after calming down after both disappointing loses which we could've won.Manny will be here at least another couple seasons.defense is good but not great and the offense is a lot better than last years.we will see by the end of this season and next year's if Manny is the guy.

UNC was 2-9 last year and are now 2-0 after beating two P5 teams. No excuse for Diaz and his staph. I'm not on the "fire Manny" train but i wish people would stop making excuses for the man.

The only thing that matters is he's the guy right now, and there isn't a **** thing either one of us can do about it. Who knows whether or not he will remain the guy. As long as the players are playing at maximum effort, I will continue to do all that I am capable of doing from my standpoint........support!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jump forward to 2021 and we're pulling receipts. Where do you stand on Manny Diaz, do you think he is the right guy to bring us back to being consistently relevant or not.

I do. If I'm wrong in 2 years, come grab this post and throw it in my face.

I honestly think he is a coRch. He’ll probably perform at about the same level as Golden and Shannon.

Won’t lose another game this year and all the ****bags asking for his head will be sucking him off

Advertisement
I'll begin to take my stance following game on 11/2. Also, let's see what croots actually sign in December/February. Also, if staff changes are needed (I think we need a couple at least), will he make them swiftly, and who does he bring in to replace the fired ones?

I overreacted harshly after the first two games and have come down a bit.

I'm withholding judgment. But in the moment, I'm still infuriated by all the tiny things this team does wrong. When they pile up on each other like that, it ends up being the difference in a two-point game.
I'm on a pendulum. One minute I'm ****ed the next I realize this guy is green....

Gut feeling. He will succeed here. His youth is a plus. He has energy ,determination and passion He appears relentless toward goals. His explanations have clarity and vision. I was very pleased with Manny reaching out to JJ and taking the staff to meet with JJ at the Keys. Manny will be seeking advise from JJ that alone gives me the confidence of his success . His defense and improvements from the D'Onorio mess was a quick turnaround. It' a big step from DC to Head Coach but gut feeling is positive

Advertisement
For me, way too early to make a call. As a coordinator, he was a guy who adjusted and fixed big, important things. Like 3rd down conversion when it was a mess. No idea what he'll do as a HC. But, disappointed with what we've seen over two games as it relates to expectations of what we'd do with what we have.

Legit surprised we only scored 25 points against UNC. Unsurprised by the temporary regression on D. The worst part is we get no meaningful data for the next two games. Then, if we beat VT and UVA, it'll only be somewhat helpful. The @Pitt and @FSU stretch will give us more of what we should want to know about Manny's details in tough spots.

It'll take 2 more of these showings in big games for me to start saying he has to go

His staff is what has to go, enos is fine the offense seems to be fine seeing them clean things up from first game to 2nd game.

Defensively, our LB's are trash and who is coaching them? Who also gave up a 4th and 17? Where are our TFL, INT's, SACKS?

patke terminated immediately, panda immediately, baker possibly yesterday

I SORT of wonder if baker will wisen up like diaz did, but there has been too much of a drop off in too little time to not be incredibly alarmed.

Stroud must go back to an analyst role, but I don't think he needs to be fired. Heck the d line struggling might just be because of the play calls by baker.

Long story short is that Diaz has proven that he will adapt to the circumstances. My question then is, will he not be like the previous coach and fire his "jon richts".... ?

Jump forward to 2021 and we're pulling receipts. Where do you stand on Manny Diaz, do you think he is the right guy to bring us back to being consistently relevant or not.

I do. If I'm wrong in 2 years, come grab this post and throw it in my face.
For now, Im in....I mean its beyond ridiculous to even be talking about firing the guy right now or making firm judgements but thats the "dumbing down" America we live in now so its not surprising. Criticism is fully understandable and warranted, but like I said Im in on Manny until further notice.

Advertisement
Back