2019-20 Transfer Portal (NCAA Basketball)

Advertisement

In a normal year, this would be the perfect grad transfer but with 5 seniors on the roster and Deng Gak as the only big on the roster after next season, Miami has and should pass on him.

Last edited:

Corona got the poor tweet:
Captureww.PNG

Early "bird" gets the worm ya know, got to read these tweets FAST.

Advertisement
Watch L **** this up and not use the last 2 available spots. Obviously I hope I’m wrong but his roster management the last two years has been pure ****.

Seems like Miami never got involved which confirms Coach L ia comfortable with the Miller, Brooks and Gak situation at the 5.
I hope he goes to Penn State as I would like to see Miami play Penn State next season.

Advertisement

Seems like Miami never got involved which confirms Coach L ia comfortable with the Miller, Brooks and Gak situation at the 5.
I hope he goes to Penn State as I would like to see Miami play Penn State next season.

Sounds about right...you have a bum, a guy who had to sit a year, and a guy who can't stay healthy.

Sounds about right...you have a bum, a guy who had to sit a year, and a guy who can't stay healthy.

For the record, I did not say I agree with it. I am just reading between the lines.
Plus, this cannot be overstated. Coach L loves seniors.
I prefer talent regardless of the year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let's see how it goes. I am looking for a transfer who will make a bigger impact honestly.

He would make a big impact for us because he would instantly become our best 3 point shooter. He honestly should've played more for Illinois this year and would've started for them this upcoming season. He is a decent defender as well, and the more wings we have the better.

He would make a big impact for us because he would instantly become our best 3 point shooter. He honestly should've played more for Illinois this year and would've started for them this upcoming season. He is a decent defender as well, and the more wings we have the better.

It sounds good until you are starting Deng Gak at the 5.
You are correct, he and Martin are good players so let's see what happens.

Last edited:

Miami is pursuing two wings in the transfer portal. If they commit then Miami will have 8 returning players for the 2021-22 season.
Also, Deng Gak will be the starting center.
Miami will also have 5 scholarships that will probably be used on incoming high school players.
The question then becomes will Coach L play a freshman big or bigs. I remember Dewan sitting the bench a lot as a freshman as Kamari Murphy started at the 5 in 2017.

It sounds good until you are starting Deng Gak at the 5.
You are correct, he and Martin are good players so let's see what happens.

You make it seem like they can't add bigs in the following recruiting class and the next grad transfer class. I definitely think one of the two scholarships left should go to a big and then add a grad transfer big the following year. I just think the way basketball is going we don't need as many true centers. Anthony Walker can easily play center by the time he is a junior and hopefully is improved defensively.

Advertisement
Back