2019-20 Schedule

Advertisement
12 of 20 Conference games will be on ACCN.

It looks like our byes are the early December set of league games and late February. The no breaks in conference play crowd should be very happy....

Guilty. I don't like 7 days off between games unless it is due to exams or Christmas break. Of course, if I made the schedule, I would have Miami playing FIU or USF during those 7 day breaks outside of exams and Christmas.

2019-2020 MEN'S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE

OCT 30 (WED) 7:00 PM VS FLAGLER (EXHIBITION) CORAL GABLES, FLA. WATSCO CENTER
NOV 5 (TUE) TIME TBA VS LOUISVILLE CORAL GABLES, FLA. WATSCO CENTER
NOV 8 (FRI) TIME TBA VS FLORIDA ATLANTIC CORAL GABLES, FLA. WATSCO CENTER
NOV 12 (TUE) TIME TBA AT UCF ORLANDO, FLA.
NOV 16 (SAT) TIME TBA VS QUINNIPIAC CORAL GABLES, FLA. WATSCO CENTER
CHARLESTON CLASSIC
NOV 21 (THU) 11:30 AM VS MISSOURI STATE CHARLESTON, S.C.
NOV 22 (FRI) TIME TBA VS FLORIDA/ST. JOSEPH'S CHARLESTON, S.C.
NOV 24 (SUN) TIME TBA VS TBD CHARLESTON, S.C.
BIG TEN/ACC CHALLENGE
DEC 2 (MON) 7:00 PM AT ILLINOIS CHAMPAIGN, ILL. TV: ESPN2
DEC 14 (SAT) TIME TBA VS ALABAMA A&M CORAL GABLES, FLA. WATSCO CENTER
AIR FORCE RESERVE BASKETIME TBALL HOF INVITATIONAL
DEC 17 (TUE) 9:30 PM VS TEMPLE BROOKLYN, N.Y.
DEC 21 (SAT) TIME TBA VS COPPIN STATE CORAL GABLES, FLA. WATSCO CENTER
DEC 31 (TUE) TIME TBA ACC AT CLEMSON CLEMSON, S.C. TV: ESPN2/U
JAN 4 (SAT) TIME TBA ACC VS DUKE CORAL GABLES, FLA. WATSCO CENTER TV: ESPN
JAN 7 (TUE) TIME TBA ACC AT LOUISVILLE LOUISVILLE, KY. TV: ESPN/2/U/ACCN
JAN 12 (SUN) TIME TBA ACC VS PITTSBURGH CORAL GABLES, FLA. WATSCO CENTER
JAN 15 (WED) TIME TBA ACC AT NC STATE RALEIGH, N.C.
JAN 18 (SAT) TIME TBA ACC VS FLORIDA STATE CORAL GABLES, FLA. WATSCO CENTER
JAN 21 (TUE) TIME TBA ACC AT DUKE DURHAM, N.C.
JAN 25 (SAT) TIME TBA ACC AT NORTH CAROLINA CHAPEL HILL, N.C.
JAN 28 (TUE) TIME TBA ACC VS VIRGINIA TECH CORAL GABLES, FLA. WATSCO CENTER TV: ACCN
FEB 2 (SUN) TIME TBA ACC AT PITTSBURGH PITTSBURGH, PA. TV: ACCN
FEB 5 (WED) TIME TBA ACC VS NC STATE CORAL GABLES, FLA. WATSCO CENTER TV: ACCN
FEB 8 (SAT) TIME TBA ACC AT FLORIDA STATE TALLAHASSEE, FLA. TV: ACCN
FEB 12 (WED) TIME TBA ACC VS BOSTON COLLEGE CORAL GABLES, FLA. WATSCO CENTER
FEB 15 (SAT) TIME TBA ACC VS WAKE FOREST CORAL GABLES, FLA. WATSCO CENTER
FEB 19 (WED) TIME TBA ACC AT VIRGINIA TECH BLACKSBURG, VA.
FEB 23 (SUN) TIME TBA ACC AT NOTRE DAME SOUTH BEND, IND.
FEB 29 (SAT) TIME TBA ACC AT GEORGIA TECH ATLANTA, GA.
MAR 4 (WED) TIME TBA ACC VS VIRGINIA CORAL GABLES, FLA. WATSCO CENTER
MAR 7 (SAT) TIME TBA ACC VS SYRACUSE CORAL GABLES, FLA. WATSCO CENTER

If Nysier Brooks was eligible this season along with Deng Gak and Keith Stone being healthy to start the season then I would be bold and predict a 22-8 or 24-6 regular season record. Unfortunately, those three unknowns means 18-12 or 20-10 is more likely. Depth (health), rebound and defense are the three keys to this season.

Advertisement
Why are so many of the times TBA?
I hope it means they are considering TV coverage and so will juggle games for Prime Time interest, like Football (Saturday games = TBD). There's a saying in Tallahassee no single ticket is a bargain for Saturday if the team sucks since there will be a 12 noon start (rather than 5 or 8PM) and the for-purchase visitor side is worse than direct seats on the sun itself.

I think we need at least one of the Gak/Stone pair to be 100% healthy all season. Both healthy would be even better. Stone really did have a promising Soph year at UF; a return to that form would really help. Gak was a Top 100 recruit who can guard a 4 or 5. Anything we get from Miller is icing on the cake.

I think McGusty, Dejan and Lykes need to all average 12-15 ppg.

Sam really was a disappointment in his second season. He averaged like 2 ppg down the stretch for us last year while playing significant minutes. Hoping Walker can surprise by being effective from the get-go.

Advertisement
Thanks All!
I have replaced the ESPN schedule with the UM version since the latter has more tipoff times; and ESPN is a laggard (although I like ESPN's graphics.)

The Mods coincidentally froze my original full schedule contribution, so I have felt disposed to keep it up to date as much as possible via "edit", since I think many go to it for a quick-see who we play next. So always interested in helpful links and tips; also wondering: as the season progresses is it preferable to update with just remaining unplayed games? Or show scores of completed games AND upcoming?

Another injury sustain to a player on the Louisville roster. They have 13 scholarship players so someone else will have to step up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
U of Maryland's move to the B1G seems to have screwed me out of the ACCN up here in Maryland. I'm stuck with Comcast giving me the B1G Network for all the Terps fans and the SEC Network (why I have no idea). With UVA and VT treated as semi home-teams, I guess there's still a chance.

Advertisement

Florida and Illinois are two of our biggest non-conference games this season and they are both projected to reach the NCAA tournament. It would be great for Miami to win both of those games early as it will help our resume as I expect Miami to also reach the NCAA tournament.

I am interested to see where Miami is projected to finish in the ACC.

U of Maryland's move to the B1G seems to have screwed me out of the ACCN up here in Maryland. I'm stuck with Comcast giving me the B1G Network for all the Terps fans and the SEC Network (why I have no idea). With UVA and VT treated as semi home-teams, I guess there's still a chance.

I agree. I would have preferred seeing the ACC keeping Maryland and adding West Virginia instead of Syracuse and Boston College.

Maryland was fed up (as we all are at times) with the North Carolina-centric power center of the ACC. Plus, their AD was in the red and the B1G made them a financial offer they couldn't refuse. Terps fans were upset at losing their long-time rivals in the ACC but money talked.

Advertisement
Back