2019-20 Schedule

Advertisement
Advertisement
Has anyone heard anything regarding the scrimmage Miami had Saturday against FIU? I know it was a "secret scrimmage" but information on other scrimmages have been leaked to the media.

Advertisement

Given the talent on the roster and pre-season expectations, I would have thought the margin of victory would have been larger. Miami is in a good position to pull off the upset next week.

Given the talent on the roster and pre-season expectations, I would have thought the margin of victory would have been larger. Miami is in a good position to pull off the upset next week.

We lost to St Leo in 2012 and had probably our best team ever. Wouldnt draw conclusions form exhibitions.

We lost to St Leo in 2012 and had probably our best team ever. Wouldnt draw conclusions form exhibitions.

In fairness, Miami was not expected to win the ACC nor ranked in the top 10 going into the season. You make a valid point but preseason ranking does raise expectations of a team.

Florida states 3 guards and one 6'6 forward with Blackshear. Incredibly small for an SEC team.
It is very early but Florida literally lives and dies by the 3.

Last edited:
Advertisement
In theory, Illinois is probably the 2nd toughest opponent on the non-conference schedule and they won in overtime in their first game of the year.

Here are some highlights:

Miami has 3 "buy games" on the schedule this season (Quinnipac, Alabama A&M and Coppin St). Honestly, I think FAU is the fourth. Buy games are just schedule fillers or easy 20 point wins. Quite frankly, I don't think Miami will lose their three buy games this season but it is a huge waste of money considering Miami will not sell out the Watsco Center for these games.
If I was the athletic director, economically, it would be better to schedule home and home games with in-state teams. I don't see a need to pay a team 50k or 100K to play a basketball game in an empty arena. A home and home series with FIU, FGCU and USF would serve give Miami the same result as a buy game. A potential 20 point win to improve the record.

Advertisement
... A home and home series with FIU, FGCU and USF would serve give Miami the same result as a buy game. A potential 20 point win to improve the record.
A "buy" game for me is, IF, and WHEN, Miami beats ANYONE by 20, (or Scores 90+,) I will BUY you a beverage of your choice!
(edit/upd: Excludes exhibition games, of course.)

Advertisement
Back