2019-20 Schedule

A "buy" game for me is, IF, and WHEN, Miami beats ANYONE by 20, (or Scores 90+,) I will BUY you a beverage of your choice!
(edit/upd: Excludes exhibition games, of course.)
We played or playing FAU UCF FSU twice and possibly UF once. Plenty of in state games.

Advertisement
We played or playing FAU UCF FSU twice and possibly UF once. Plenty of in state games.
If ya meant to tease me I owe da lucky one a glass of milk (beverage) for beating a cupcake by 20.... I agree. As for Florida, I agree also, not sure why you quoted me in your reply about it.

Honestly, I didn't look too much at the conference schedule when it came out. I am not comparing us to any other team in the conference, but it seems more difficult than some other ACC teams.

According to numerous sources, the bottom half of the ACC pre-season predictions look something like this:

9. Cuse*
10. GT
11. Clemson
12. BC
13. WF
14. Pitt
15. VT

*Some sources have us as the 9th seed but for now, let's leave Cuse.

1.) We play 20 conference games, of which 9 are against the predicted teams to finish in the bottom of the conference: @ Clemson, Pitt, @ Pitt, VT, @ VT, BC, WF, @ GT and Cuse.

2.) The top four in the conference are predicted, in no particular order:

- Duke
- UL
- UVA
- UNC

With FSU and NCST (in 5th and 6th)

3.) We play the following teams twice: UL, Duke, Pitt, NCST, FSU and VT.

- We play (4) games against the top four
- We play (8) games against the top six

Honestly, I didn't look too much at the conference schedule when it came out. I am not comparing us to any other team in the conference, but it seems more difficult than some other ACC teams.

According to numerous sources, the bottom half of the ACC pre-season predictions look something like this:

9. Cuse*
10. GT
11. Clemson
12. BC
13. WF
14. Pitt
15. VT

*Some sources have us as the 9th seed but for now, let's leave Cuse.

1.) We play 20 conference games, of which 9 are against the predicted teams to finish in the bottom of the conference: @ Clemson, Pitt, @ Pitt, VT, @ VT, BC, WF, @ GT and Cuse.

2.) The top four in the conference are predicted, in no particular order:

- Duke
- UL
- UVA
- UNC

With FSU and NCST (in 5th and 6th)

3.) We play the following teams twice: UL, Duke, Pitt, NCST, FSU and VT.

- We play (4) games against the top four
- We play (8) games against the top six

I hope this team just continues to get better, that is all we need. The ACC record is going to be flat out ugly this year but as long as everyone is developing and L can figure out the strengths of this team moving forward it will be a success. In my opinion, he has done a very poor job of figuring out the strengths of his team in recent years. It's very alarming because early in his tenure, that is what he was best at.

Playing 9 games (out of 20) versus the bottom four sounds like reasonable balancing compensation. Such a situation seems to give us a shot at winning 10 or more ACC games, which is a lot more than many predict.

However, unless Lykes tightens up, I'd be surprised to see us win more than 5 in ACC. Yeah there are problems up front (and elsewhere) but I Lyke to think he can make up for that a bit. But not from what I have seen so far; in fact, he's no longer my favorite player. (Toss-up right now between Kam and Bev.)

Advertisement
ESPN has the 4:30 Wild Card game next Saturday which means the Duke game should be an 8pm primetime tip-off.

ESPN now has next Tuesday’s game against Louisville listed as airing on ESPN2 (the other possibility was ACCN).

The only game left without a set network is UNC on 1/25. That game should air on either ESPN or ACCN.

The UNC game has been flexed to ESPN2. This is the final non-ACCN national broadcast of the regular season.

Advertisement

This is huge news. This means that Miami will play in the NCAA tournament or NIT if they win 20 plus games and win 12 conference games.

Miami is heading into the easier part of the schedule as only Florida State is the only ranked team left on the regular season schedule.

Advertisement
Back