2019-20 Schedule

I have had season tickets for the last 4 years, do you?

Honestly, no. I don't go to every game. I pick the one I want to watch and I attend. Having season tickets, attending all of the games and the games selling out are three different things.

Advertisement
We're the #3 seed in the eight team field. UF is #1 and Xavier #2. It's actually a pretty solid group of teams. Even the bottom seed, Towson, is a dangerous (especially early in the season), senior-laden team.

It is one of the better pre-conference tournament Miami has played in that I can remember. That is why I am making the trip to Charleston, SC.

Interesting, Louisville on November 5th and UCF on the 12th of November. I wonder if they are trying to schedule a game on Saturday, November 9th. This is a huge improvement compared to how they opened last season.

Over 75% of the college teams have not released their schedule, Miami still has a chance to give fans some games we want to see.

Advertisement

Louisville has already experienced an injury. It is significant on two fronts. First, Louisville is our opening opponent but they use all 13 of their scholarships so they will still be a very good opponent. Second, Miami cannot afford any injuries as they only have 8 healthy players currently on the roster to start the season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Agreed, but neither of those opponents is exciting, anyway.

All four opponents played in the post season tournament last year and all four project to make the NCAA Tournament this season. Utah State is projected by some people to win the Mountain West this season.

I guess Miami is going to play in the HoopHall in December but who will the opponent be, that is the question.

All four opponents played in the post season tournament last year and all four project to make the NCAA Tournament this season. Utah State is projected by some people to win the Mountain West this season.

I guess Miami is going to play in the HoopHall in December but who will the opponent be, that is the question.
Does the Hoophall event still exist? It was announced in June last year, and the related high school tournament is reportedly dead.

Does the Hoophall event still exist? It was announced in June last year, and the related high school tournament is reportedly dead.

Good point. They may have killed the whole thing. That could be the reason Miami is playing in Brooklyn in December.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Miami gets no respect today but it will be earned when the season starts. I don't think there are 56 NCAA Division 1 teams better than Miami.

It is not so much of the schedule that I care about. It is the fact that USF is playing in 3 preseason tournaments. I was told this was the reason why Miami cannot play in the Orange Bowl Classic but obviously, that is not true.

Advertisement
Back