2019-20 Schedule

Advertisement
For some reason, I didn't think Miami would be in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge this year. Illinois is projected to be a 20 win team this season. I would have preferred Maryland or Penn State since those are areas that Miami recruits.

I still would like to see Maryland and Penn State on our non-conference schedule.

My schedule recommendations:

Home games: FAU, UNF, USF, Georgetown, Temple
Road games: FIU, FGCU, UCF, Maryland, Penn State
Charleston Classic: St Joseph's, UCONN, Florida (championship game)
Orange Bowl Classic: Florida (wishful thinking because that is too easy)
HoopHall Classic: Utah State (preseason top 25 team)

Advertisement

The National Media like in-state rivalry games in the non-conference portion of the schedule. Another reason why Miami and Florida need to play every year.

A "blue blood" program plays 3 in-state schools during the non-conference schedule including starting the season with a road game.

A "blue blood" program plays 3 in-state schools during the non-conference schedule including starting the season with a road game.

That is way too many games. We are playing 20 ACC games this year.

Advertisement

It is good to see in-state schools playing each other. I hope Miami adds UCF, USF and FIU to the schedule.

Advertisement

Most teams non-conference schedules are weak. My recommendations:

Orange Bowl Classic: Florida (wishful thinking because that is too easy but probably not going to happen)

With 15 teams in the ACC, Miami will have two occasions with 7 days off between games and last season, they took 15 days off for exams.

Playing Temple 12/17 at Barclays per Adam Zagoria

That will be good for recruiting in the Northeast. I hope this does not mean Miami will not be playing in the HoopHall Classic in Miami.

Temple was one of the school I had on my fantasty non-conference schedule for Miami.

Advertisement

Interesting note. Temple plays the four other "Big 5" schools in Philadelphia. Talk about keeping it local.

I wouldn’t expect any additional road/neutral site games. We’ve never scheduled fewer than 15 home games under Coach L and that’s already our max for this year with the road/neutral games we know of.

I wouldn’t expect any additional road/neutral site games. We’ve never scheduled fewer than 15 home games under Coach L and that’s already our max for this year with the road/neutral games we know of.
incorrect. We are playing Temple at the Barclay's Center in Brooklyn Dec 17. Unlike last year our OOC is very good this year. Would schedule some cupcakes to fill out the schedule.

Advertisement
Back