2019-20 Schedule

incorrect. We are playing Temple at the Barclay's Center in Brooklyn Dec 17. Unlike last year our OOC is very good this year. Would schedule some cupcakes to fill out the schedule.
Which part is incorrect? 11 road games (10 ACC + Illinois) + 4 Neutral site games (3 Tourney games + Temple) leaves a maximum 15 remaining games (10 ACC + 5 NC) out of the allowed 30 to play at home.

Advertisement
Which part is incorrect? 11 road games (10 ACC + Illinois) + 4 Neutral site games (3 Tourney games + Temple) leaves a maximum 15 remaining games (10 ACC + 5 NC) out of the allowed 30 to play at home.
You said no more neutral site games they announced the game at Barclays's Center today. Edit I didnt see that you had included the Temple game

We open the Charleston Classic against Missouri State at 11:30 am on Thanksgiving. Our second round game will be against either the Gators or St Joseph's.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I still think Miami needs to schedule tougher opponents in the non-conference but non-conference schedules across college basketball are very weak.

You said no more neutral site games they announced the game at Barclays's Center today. Edit I didnt see that you had included the Temple game
Now I’m incorrect. I’m really surprised we’re scheduling only 4 nonconference home games and 14 home games overall.

Advertisement
Now I’m incorrect. I’m really surprised we’re scheduling only 4 nonconference home games and 14 home games overall.

Very few people will admit when they are wrong. You were only going by what has been done in the past. Hopefully, Miami is making some changes to make the basketball team a better product on the court and brand across the state of Florida.

Better for a young team to find out what they need to work on to get better the first part of the season instead of mid season.acc conference isn't a soft one where you can take any team lightly.

Better for a young team to find out what they need to work on to get better the first part of the season instead of mid season.acc conference isn't a soft one where you can take any team lightly.
We aren't young by College Basketball standards. The current breakdown of our 11 scholarship players is 3 seniors, 4 juniors, 1 soph, 3 freshman. 7 out of the 11 players are upperclassmen.

We aren't young by College Basketball standards. The current breakdown of our 11 scholarship players is 3 seniors, 4 juniors, 1 soph, 3 freshman. 7 out of the 11 players are upperclassmen.

Absolutely. Coach L talks about having older teams and his best seasons at Miami have come with older teams so that is why I am confused why he has not used those last two scholarships on grad transfers. Then he would have 5 seniors on the roster.

Advertisement
If they played UCF and USF for the next ten years, I would be happy. Nothing like in-state rivalry games. That is good for both programs.
You would probably be the only person in the world who would get excited about it. It is not football, no one cares. UF and FSU are the only 2 state schools people would get excited about playing.

You would probably be the only person in the world who would get excited about it. It is not football, no one cares. UF and FSU are the only 2 state schools people would get excited about playing.

You are only looking at the game aspect. I think it is good for recruiting in those areas, building the Miami brand across the state and creating excitement about the basketball program.

I guess you think Miami is only a "football school".

Good then why fuss over playing a good team off the bat first game I mean.duke kansas,Kentucky and msu always play each other .seems like every year they play in a tournament against each other.and if that's the kind of team we want or striving for we have to the same thing to get to that place.wished college football had the same mentality to where a loss or two against good teams don't hurt you as far as the playoffs go.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back