2018 Recruiting

Another potential grad transfer. Zach Johnson from Florida Gulf Coast.

Florida Gulf Coast's Zach Johnson has heard from Gonzaga, Louisville, VCU, Oklahoma, Miami, Creighton, Dayton, Saint Louis and Xavier about a potential grad transfer. Also testing the NBA Draft waters without an agent. 16.1 PPG, 37 in A-Sun title game.
I live in the area. Kid is a baller & has his off court life squared away. Would be a good get.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We're in the running, along with anywhere from 2 to 12 other schools, depending on the player.

I am not saying we have a chance at these kids, just here is a possible roster.

Assuming Brown or Walker returns:

2018: (assuming one of Walker/Brown returns)

PG: Lykes
G: Walker/Brown
G: Wilson/DJ

Sit Out: McGusty
Sit Out: Mcewen

2019: (assuming Walker/Brown leave)

G: McGusty/Mcewen

In 2018-19, you bring 2 guards as part of the 2019 recruiting class.

Assuming neither Brown nor Walker return:

2018:

G: Johnson (transfer)

Another Grad Transfer (for depth)
Sit Out: McGusty
Sit Out: Mcewen

2019:

G: McGusty/Mcewen

In 2018-19, you bring 2 guards as part of the 2019 recruiting class.

Advertisement
Well. 2018 recruiting has basically turned into who can we look at via the transfer market.

So, let’s look.

Advertisement
There's only a handful of the top 150 players in the country that are unsigned or un-committed to another school. Can't imagine many of those guys are even willing to take Miami's calls with this FBI **** still looming.

Advertisement
There's only a handful of the top 150 players in the country that are unsigned or un-committed to another school. Can't imagine many of those guys are even willing to take Miami's calls with this FBI **** still looming.
Is it still looming? We really don't know that answer.

Unfortunately, if landing recruits requires being "formally cleared," recruiting is over permanently.
Exactly, I very much doubt the FBI comes out with a statement that UM is "cleared." You hear from DoJ if you are going to prosecuted; No news, therefore, is good news (or at least as good as it gets).

Advertisement
Back