2018 Recruiting

David Caraher 6'6 (F) Houston Baptist (Freshman)

PPG: 16.2, RPG: 7.2, APG: 1.9 and 3P%: .364

This guy could potentially step right into the lineup after Amp leaves. He has 3 years left to play too.

Advertisement
Hypothetical #1: Neither Brown nor Walker return.

Open Ships: 4 (Newton, Current Open One, Brown and Walker)

Under this one, I would take at least three eligible players:

2 Eligible Guards
1 Eligible Big Man
1 Player who must sit out

Hypothetical #2: Both Come Back

Open Ships: 2 (Newton and Current Open One)

Under this one, I would take one eligible player:

1 Eligible Big Man
1 Players who must sit out

Hypothetical #3: Brown or Walker comes back (but not both)

Open Ships: 3

Under this one, I would take at least one eligible player:

1 Eligible Big Man
1 Players who must sit out
1 Best Available Player

Eligible Guards: Key thing to look for is a guard who can shoot the 3

1. Aaron Calixte 5'11 (G) Maine

PPG: 16.9, RPG: 3.1, APG: 3.2 and .386 from 3PT

2. Ryan Taylor 6'6 (G) Evansville

PPG: 21.1, RPG: 3.8 and 3PT: .421

Eligible Big Men: Depth Purposes

Wyatt Walker 6'9 (PF) Samford

PPG: 9.0 and RPG: 5.0

The only reason I am taking this kid is for depth purposes, especially if Gak needs more time.

Players who must sit out:

1. Parker Stewart 6'5 (G) Pitt [Freshman]

PPG: 9.1, RPG: 3.3 and 3P%: .386

2. Nico Clareth 6'5 (G) Siena [Junior]

PPG: 15.1, RPG: 3.4, APG: 1.8 and 3P%: .371

3. Dru Smith 6'3 (G) Evansville [Sophomore]

PPG: 13.7, RPG: 3.5, APG: 4.6, SPG: 2.0 and 3P%: .482

4. Ryan Welage 6'9 (PF) San Jose State [Junior]

PPG: 18.1, RPG: 5.4, APG: 1.4 and 3P%: .429

5. Keith Fisher III 6'8 (PF) San Jose State [Rd-Freshman]

PPG: 10.4 and RPG: 6.4

6. David Caraher 6'6 (F) Houston Baptist [Freshman]

PPG: 16.2, RPG: 7.2, APG: 1.9 and 3P%: .364

Consigliere, agree with your breakdown of who we should be targeting by position. Thanks to all who've done the reasearch on who might be available!

Saw yesterday that Omer Yurtseven was leaving NCSU to either go pro, or xsfer. Even if it's the latter, see little possibility we could be in the mix. Kid made big strides last year, and eligibility problems are behind him. As for Welage, after Muhammad, I'm leery of SJSU xsfers.

Justin Coleman 5'10 (PG) Samford [Junior, Eligible Now]

PPG: 13.5, APG: 6.6, RPG: 2.8, SPG: 1.2 and 3P%: .373

Nat Dixon 6'4 (G) Chattanooga [Junior, Eligible Now]

PPG: 13.8, RPG: 4.6, APG: 1.9, SPG: 1.0 and 3P%: .395

Advertisement
Justin Coleman 5'10 (PG) Samford [Junior, Eligible Now]

PPG: 13.5, APG: 6.6, RPG: 2.8, SPG: 1.2 and 3P%: .373

Nat Dixon 6'4 (G) Chattanooga [Junior, Eligible Now]

PPG: 13.8, RPG: 4.6, APG: 1.9, SPG: 1.0 and 3P%: .395
How are they both eligible now? Just want clarification.

My wife had Nat Dixon as a student at Chattanooga. He's graduating. He doesn't like the new coaching staff, and wants to play a bigger school for his last year. He was good this year, but had a stretch during the season where he was lights out.

My wife had Nat Dixon as a student at Chattanooga. He's graduating. He doesn't like the new coaching staff, and wants to play a bigger school for his last year. He was good this year, but had a stretch during the season where he was lights out.

We could use him especially if both don’t come back. We will need at least one more impact guard who can score and shoot the 3.

Advertisement
I keep hoping to hear a name or two that we're pursuing/in the mix for. Maybe that'll become clearer when the fates of BB and LW are known. Might be hard to recruit certain guys until Coach L can tell them definitively who is staying or leaving.

I keep hoping to hear a name or two that we're pursuing/in the mix for. Maybe that'll become clearer when the fates of BB and LW are known. Might be hard to recruit certain guys until Coach L can tell them definitively who is staying or leaving.

We have two spots open regardless and I think the chances of LW and BB both coming back are low. Coach should be aggressive and take 3-4. If one of them decides to come back, we need to bump someone and there is an obvious candidate (Miller).

Advertisement
Maryland G Dion Wiley is transferring. I know he's been at College Park for 4 years but not sure if he's graduated. My bet is that he has. Good player who has faced tough Big 10 competition.

No question Coach should be recruiting full bore. My point was that the better players "out there" will want to know what the situation will be regarding playing time. My guess is we will know the status of BB and LW very soon. No one wants this drawn out longer than it has to be.

It boggles my mind that there still isn't a single transfer whose name has been mentioned in being interested in us.

Advertisement
I really don't why we're not recruiting Neftali Alvarez, PG from Miami Christain. Not sure who is after him right now but he lists offers from Purdue, Virginia, GTech, and he took an OV to Witchita St.

He was the Florida 2A Player of the Year and averaged 27 PPG. From watching his film, looks like a Manu Lecomte clone

Advertisement
Back