2018 Recruiting

Exactly, I very much doubt the FBI comes out with a statement that UM is "cleared." You hear from DoJ if you are going to prosecuted; No news, therefore, is good news (or at least as good as it gets).

Pretty much.

They won't do that. Even though they're no formal charges, they won't give us a "clean bill of health".

Advertisement
I wouldn't mind the FBI investigating how much money Canes athletics brings into the university and how it's doled back out by the administration. If the imbalance is what I think it is, I'd like to know why athletic program-related projects like the football IPF, the WATSCO coaches' spaces, etc., have to go begging for what amounts to chump change.

Porter tweeted that Coach L wants to sign a high school player, transfer, and grad transfer with the three currently open scholarships. The HS player is a definite surprise at this point

Porter tweeted that Coach L wants to sign a high school player, transfer, and grad transfer with the three currently open scholarships. The HS player is a definite surprise at this point

If he said that, I am assuming the following:

1. Coach will use all 13 scholarships (we didn't use them this year or last year).

2. Brown and Huell will come back. Obviously he doesn't have "control" over them coming back, but I think he will try to use all the ships.

Advertisement
If he said that, I am assuming the following:

1. Coach will use all 13 scholarships (we didn't use them this year or last year).

2. Brown and Huell will come back. Obviously he doesn't have "control" over them coming back, but I think he will try to use all the ships.
Yeah Coach said that in the Lonnie press conference video in the other thread.

He didn't say a HS player from the USA.

Advertisement
Well, Manu was a HS player from Belgium and Dejan/Sam were HS players from Australia. They do have high schools elsewhere. Canada is REALLY producing a lot of high level talent these days. I'm sure Coach L is looking hard at HS players from north of the border.

Kameron McGusty, transfer from Oklahoma is visiting this weekend. Is a 6'5" G who would sit out next year then be a Jr.

Avg'd 8 PPG and was the #46 ranked player in the 2016 class.

He's not the next Sheldon McClellan but would be a nice pickup

Exactly, I very much doubt the FBI comes out with a statement that UM is "cleared." You hear from DoJ if you are going to prosecuted; No news, therefore, is good news (or at least as good as it gets).

Yep, as someone who worked for the DOJ for 2 years out of law school, this is usually the case, especially with an ongoing investigation.

In reality, we were cleared when the DOJ dropped charges against Brad Augustine, the Adidas exec linked to us and Louisville. Obviously there could be new charges if they find something else out, but we've essentially been cleared of the allegations levied against "University #7" in the original indictment

The other problem is the FBI not pursuing anything does not equal the NCAA not pursuing action against us. Very different judge/executor and burden of proof.

Advertisement
The more guys who declare for the draft (like the Villanova and UK guys may today), the more likely Bruce Brown's chances of totally sliding out the 2nd round are.

Advertisement
Remember when our entire recruiting class one year was Swoope and Akpejiori? This year's "class" already better than that with Wilson and Gak?

We are also getting a visit from Anthony Mack, who is transferring from Wyoming. Sat out his freshman year due to concussions but was a fairly sought after recruit and had an offer from Villanova.

Advertisement
Back