2018 DE Daniel Carson

Advertisement
This would be a good get for Kool. Kids is a dual sport athlete and has the frame that Kool looks for in his DT.

Advertisement
I keep forgetting Gerald F'ING Willis will be a senior next season. We will be fine at DT.

If we lose both Norton and RJ, we are not fine. Willis has barely played. Bethel has been average. Need Goldwire to stem the tide and have an able-bodied guy who can play a lot of snaps in 2018.

I highly doubt we lose both Norton and RJ but I hear you.

Pete said he'd be shocked if either stayed.
Pete says a lot of things

Advertisement
I keep forgetting Gerald F'ING Willis will be a senior next season. We will be fine at DT.

If we lose both Norton and RJ, we are not fine. Willis has barely played. Bethel has been average. Need Goldwire to stem the tide and have an able-bodied guy who can play a lot of snaps in 2018.

The ONLY way I could see them both leaving is if they don't believe in Perry. If Rosier is gonna be the guy it's hard to imagine doing much better than 10-2. Norton in particular would be smart to stay. He could be the top run stuffer in the draft next year. He's not top 5 this year. McIntosh is a 3 technique in the league. He's only going to garner interest from 4-3 defenses. If he gets a 2nd to 3rd round grade he should leave. If it's 3rd to 5th he should stay.

Carson isn't close to being twitchy enough to be a DE here. He'd be a solid 3 tech though. Shows some nice hands and a good feel for the game by the way he doesn't over pursue. He knows when to let the play develop and it comes back to him. You can tell he's probably rarely out of position. He knows when he's gonna make a play or when he's gotta hold his ground right off the snap.

He'd never start here (maybe as a senior) at DE or DT but he has potential to be a solid rotational option in the future.

Exactly,they're not bringing in these 2 DL in early december if they were not hoping to land them.

Carson isn't close to being twitchy enough to be a DE here. He'd be a solid 3 tech though. Shows some nice hands and a good feel for the game by the way he doesn't over pursue. He knows when to let the play develop and it comes back to him. You can tell he's probably rarely out of position. He knows when he's gonna make a play or when he's gotta hold his ground right off the snap.

He'd never start here (maybe as a senior) at DE or DT but he has potential to be a solid rotational option in the future.
Why would Kool recruit a player who would never start for him? Is he that desperate to fill a spot? Wouldn't you recruit players who will be good enough to start if injuries happen?

Last edited:
Advertisement

He’ll start here...just not early on. He’s definitely a 4-5 year guy who probably won’t start til junior/senior year.

Why would Kool recruit a player who would never start for him? Is he that desperate to fill a spot? Won't you recruit only players who will be good enough to start if injuries happen?

I said he might as a senior. I just don't see him every playing over Nesta and I'm sure we'll land another stud that'll come in and play in the other DT slot over him. I think we're definitely looking to fill a spot with a solid player at this point. Pete saying we're likely to lose Norton and McIntosh, Moten is gone, that's 3 of the top 4. We only bring back Bethel and Ford at this point. Signs are pointing to Willis being back but the veteran coaching staff isn't gonna bank on that.

After those 2 it's Tyreic Martin and Ryan Fines who could be guys likely to be gone due to attrition. Nesta is coming. Goldwire is still committed to Louisville. We need some bodies. He'll be a solid player. I'm just betting on us landing a stud in 2019/2020 after he plays behind Ford/Bethel for 2+ years.

Y'all better at DL evals than coach Kool. You even know when these recruits will start and when they won't. Send Richt ur resume cause U have skills.

Advertisement
Y'all better at DL evals than coach Kool. You even know when these recruits will start and when they won't. Send Richt ur resume cause U have skills.

You know Mjack actually works in football right?

exactly.kool put studs into NFL that none of the elite programs even recruited hard.

Why would Kool recruit a player who would never start for him? Is he that desperate to fill a spot? Wouldn't you recruit players who will be good enough to start if injuries happen?

Sometimes you also need to recruit for depth. Not everyone you recruit is going to be an AA.

Advertisement
Back