2018 DE Daniel Carson

Advertisement
Carson on the other hand is a prospect that Miami wants and bad. The coaches spent the weekend telling him that he can be the next RJ McIntosh for the Hurricanes. Carson likes the comparison with one contact saying that the visits went 'excellent' but there's apparently still some work left on the table which is why defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski plans to fly to the Midwest on Monday to meet with Carson once again. Nebraska and Texas are also believed to be contenders in the recruitment, but it should be noted that the shuffling of coaches in Lincoln might have hurt the Cornhuskers' chances when it comes to landing the athletic lineman. We'll add that Carson doesn't intend to sign early which means that UM will likely save it's Mark Richt in-home visit for January.

From Ivins in the recruiting update he put up...btw we don’t want Collins anymore. He supposedly is too small for us.

Advertisement
Carson on the other hand is a prospect that Miami wants and bad. The coaches spent the weekend telling him that he can be the next RJ McIntosh for the Hurricanes. Carson likes the comparison with one contact saying that the visits went 'excellent' but there's apparently still some work left on the table which is why defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski plans to fly to the Midwest on Monday to meet with Carson once again. Nebraska and Texas are also believed to be contenders in the recruitment, but it should be noted that the shuffling of coaches in Lincoln might have hurt the Cornhuskers' chances when it comes to landing the athletic lineman. We'll add that Carson doesn't intend to sign early which means that UM will likely save it's Mark Richt in-home visit for January.

From Ivins in the recruiting update he put up...btw we don’t want Collins anymore. He supposedly is too small for us.

Nebraska shouldn't even be in the conversation - entirely new coaching staff, and there defense was non-existent at UCF (which Frost brought his whole staff with him to Lincoln). RJ's about to go pro and likely be a 2nd round pick after his Junior year. Logic would say for the kid to come here.

Independence (Mo.) William Chrisman three-star defensive linemanDaniel Carsonwas at Miami this weekend for an official visit.

Things went well.

"It was really nice," Carson told InsideTheU over the phone before he boarded a plane to head back to the Midwest. "Me and my mother had a really good time. We liked the palm trees. Overall it was a good visit."

With Carson the lone prospect on campus this weekend he got plenty of time aroundMark Richt.

"He's pretty cool. He's got some funny stories. All the coaches do especially some of the older ones. It was fun just talking to him with my mom."

Carson was hosted by utility manDeeJay Dallas.

"The one thing that really stood out is how the coaches treated us and made me feel wanted. Same with the players. I also liked the beach."

Carson is listed as a defensive end, but Miami wants him to play some defensive tackle in college. He said that he's more than open to the role especially after watching some film with Kuligowski.

"He compared me toRJ McIntosh. He said that I would be moving around a lot because of how athletic I am and compared my athletic ability to his."

Mom also liked what she heard from the folks at UM.

"She said that she had a really good time. She got to meet the wives of all the coaches and that was nice.

While Carson isn't ready to name a set leader or anything like that he said that his time in Coral Gables did nothing but improve the Hurricanes chances of landing him.

"They are right there. Miami is a good program and I got no doubt that The U will be back."

Carson (6-5, 260) will be at Nebraska next weekend. He intends to take two more official visits in January as he is not planning to sign early.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back