2018 DE Daniel Carson

has there ever been a position coach who is so well known for turning 2* and 3* diamonds in the rough to all conference and first/second round picks?

i'm sure there is somewhere but nobody that we would at least be able to identify, i knew about kool even before he got to Miami because of how many studs he was pushing out of mizzou.

dude has an amazing eye for talent and work ethic, i know it's easy to say to trust the coach in this but there is not a single coach i have ever been more confident is using our scholarships wisely than kool is

Advertisement
Y'all better at DL evals than coach Kool. You even know when these recruits will start and when they won't. Send Richt ur resume cause U have skills.

Am I not allowed to have an opinion on him though? I never claimed to be a DL expert and I'm not even saying he's a bad player what I'm saying is more in tuned with who is he going to start over? When (if) he's here as a freshman he's gonna have Willis, Ford, Bethel, and Silvera in front of him (possibly Goldwire and/or Thompson, Briggs) before he ever grows into the position. Willis and Bethel both at the 3 tech.

Basically how I see it is he's obviously not starting next year. Willis at 3 tech in front of him and Bethel next year. Bethel will be at the 3 tech as a junior and senior in front of him. Depending on him redshirting or not he'll have 3 years or 2 to play and I'm just taking a shot in the dark here but we should have landed a couple studs by then that are just more naturally gifted. We'll have Ford at the 3 tech and Nesta at 0 tech just to get the 2 best guys on the field at the same time... because they will be without a doubt our 2 best, and maybe one of the best combos in the country by that point.

Everyone you recruit can't be a starter... and at Miami, right now, that really doesn't matter because neither was Trent Harris and he was our most productive DE. Doesn't mean our most talented didn't start, because they did... but he can still be productive and I'm sure that's where Kool sees him fitting in. Built identical to McIntosh, looks just like McIntosh, but watch both of their senior films, there's a big gap in the athleticism.

Last edited:
Carson isn't close to being twitchy enough to be a DE here. He'd be a solid 3 tech though. Shows some nice hands and a good feel for the game by the way he doesn't over pursue. He knows when to let the play develop and it comes back to him. You can tell he's probably rarely out of position. He knows when he's gonna make a play or when he's gotta hold his ground right off the snap.

He'd never start here (maybe as a senior) at DE or DT but he has potential to be a solid rotational option in the future.
Why would Kool recruit a player who would never start for him? Is he that desperate to fill a spot? Wouldn't you recruit players who will be good enough to start if injuries happen?

Sometimes you also need to recruit for depth. Not everyone you recruit is going to be an AA.
Sorry but that doesn't make sense. If you can recruit the best you recruit the best because you never know when this "depth" player is needed to step up and start. A good depth on a team means that when player A get hurts you plug in player B and never lose a beat. Now if you are incapable of recruiting studs all the time then you get what you can.

Carson isn't close to being twitchy enough to be a DE here. He'd be a solid 3 tech though. Shows some nice hands and a good feel for the game by the way he doesn't over pursue. He knows when to let the play develop and it comes back to him. You can tell he's probably rarely out of position. He knows when he's gonna make a play or when he's gotta hold his ground right off the snap.

He'd never start here (maybe as a senior) at DE or DT but he has potential to be a solid rotational option in the future.
Why would Kool recruit a player who would never start for him? Is he that desperate to fill a spot? Wouldn't you recruit players who will be good enough to start if injuries happen?

Sometimes you also need to recruit for depth. Not everyone you recruit is going to be an AA.
Sorry but that doesn't make sense. If you can recruit the best you recruit the best because you never know when this "depth" player is needed to step up and start. A good depth on a team means that when player A get hurts you plug in player B and never lose a beat. Now if you are incapable of recruiting studs all the time then you get what you can.

Ok. I should have been a little more clear.... He SHOULD never be a starter here, he SHOULD be a key reserve in the future when he grows into the position, and he is still a good player and I gave several compliments on his film. He's the type of player that complements the John Ford's and the Nesta Silvera's (the gifted south Florida athletes that are twitchy and explosive).

God forbid if our starters are hurt, yes he will start in that scenario. It's like **** liberals trying to justify abortion because a blind amputee was raped and got pregnant. Come up with whatever scenario you want to fit your narrative.

Kool recruited Tyreic Martin in a similar situation a couple years ago when we couldn't seem to get that extra piece to come into our class and he's been irrelevant thus far. I'm not giving up on him yet.. but he'll never start. Carson is a better player than him at the same point in their careers, but they both have similar short comings. Look at Carson's offer list and his upcoming visits.. good enough reason for me to believe he can certainly play here. And yes, Kool is recruiting him. I believe Kool is the best in the game at what he does. I'm not questioning that.

Last edited:
Our traction with guys in 2019 like Braylen Ingraham, Denzel Daxon, Renato Brown, Derrick Hunter, etc and the 2020 stud DT at Norland are why I said what I said. As well as those already on our roster. Not a shot at the kid's skillset at all.

Advertisement
We have plenty of room. Even if we fill up let Kool make the decision of this kid over Fines or Martin. Easy boys.

Advertisement
Y'all better at DL evals than coach Kool. You even know when these recruits will start and when they won't. Send Richt ur resume cause U have skills.

Am I not allowed to have an opinion on him though? I never claimed to be a DL expert and I'm not even saying he's a bad player what I'm saying is more in tuned with who is he going to start over? When (if) he's here as a freshman he's gonna have Willis, Ford, Bethel, and Silvera in front of him (possibly Goldwire and/or Thompson, Briggs) before he ever grows into the position. Willis and Bethel both at the 3 tech.

Basically how I see it is he's obviously not starting next year. Willis at 3 tech in front of him and Bethel next year. Bethel will be at the 3 tech as a junior and senior in front of him. Depending on him redshirting or not he'll have 3 years or 2 to play and I'm just taking a shot in the dark here but we should have landed a couple studs by then that are just more naturally gifted. We'll have Ford at the 3 tech and Nesta at 0 tech just to get the 2 best guys on the field at the same time... because they will be without a doubt our 2 best, and maybe one of the best combos in the country by that point.

Everyone you recruit can't be a starter... and at Miami, right now, that really doesn't matter because neither was Trent Harris and he was our most productive DE. Doesn't mean our most talented didn't start, because they did... but he can still be productive and I'm sure that's where Kool sees him fitting in. Built identical to McIntosh, looks just like McIntosh, but watch both of their senior films, there's a big gap in the athleticism.

listen, Jr Smith from the Cavs had a cousin who was a top player in NJ. came in wit hAntrel, Gore, and that class. His name was Thomas Carroll. No one thought he was going to make a huge impact and he became a starter for us so it happens. That staff with Butch and them knew how to find talent. Kool is from that mold. I trust Richt, Diaz, and Kool on evaluations. its just we have been burned by Golden's used car salesmen routine so we are jaded.

No one thought Carroll would make an impact?

He was a 4-star DE. Most folks expected him to contribute.

listen, Jr Smith from the Cavs had a cousin who was a top player in NJ. came in wit hAntrel, Gore, and that class. His name was Thomas Carroll. No one thought he was going to make a huge impact and he became a starter for us so it happens. That staff with Butch and them knew how to find talent. Kool is from that mold. I trust Richt, Diaz, and Kool on evaluations. its just we have been burned by Golden's used car salesmen routine so we are jaded.

Per Ivins he’s eating breakfast with Richt and Kool before he heads out from his OV. Ivins will have an interview up later with him

Advertisement

Ok. I should have been a little more clear.... He SHOULD never be a starter here, he SHOULD be a key reserve in the future when he grows into the position, and he is still a good player and I gave several compliments on his film. He's the type of player that complements the John Ford's and the Nesta Silvera's (the gifted south Florida athletes that are twitchy and explosive).

God forbid if our starters are hurt, yes he will start in that scenario. It's like **** liberals trying to justify abortion because a blind amputee was raped and got pregnant. Come up with whatever scenario you want to fit your narrative.

Kool recruited Tyreic Martin in a similar situation a couple years ago when we couldn't seem to get that extra piece to come into our class and he's been irrelevant thus far. I'm not giving up on him yet.. but he'll never start. Carson is a better player than him at the same point in their careers, but they both have similar short comings. Look at Carson's offer list and his upcoming visits.. good enough reason for me to believe he can certainly play here. And yes, Kool is recruiting him. I believe Kool is the best in the game at what he does. I'm not questioning that.

Second paragraph was irrelevant, asinine, and generally unwelcome on a college football message board.

As to the remainder of your argument, yes, you are entitled to an opinion, but so is everyone else once you decide to make yours public. Carson looks raw to me, but he seems like a guy Kool could have ready to make meaningful contributions at DT after 2 years or so in the program.

Kool had 3 stars turning into All-Americans and NFL draft picks at Mizzou. There is no reason to doubt him when it comes to the kids he wants. Richt said he has full autonomy when it comes to recruiting.

Advertisement
qf2ggvergowf4dfpr4q9.jpg UMXISSKJHLPSIQU.20160712230545.jpg

**** bro, Mcintosh lost some weight

:11263324214_66c20be

Advertisement
Back