2,000 yard rushers in Dade? (question for the historians)

Advertisement
A little off topic. Does anyone have the answer on why Butch wasn't recruiting Gore. I've always heard the story of Coker offering Gore and getting him and Parrish but why did we shy away from an all time leading rusher in Dade?
Who told you that Crap??....

I can promise you that Chris Myers went to college a year before me. Remember 2000 grads played the '99 season. '01 grads played the 2000 season. Myers was a part of the freshman class that included Willis, Vilma, D.J., etc. Handy, on the other hand, did graduate our year. That **** had 20 inch pythons in HS. I played for American my junior & senior years.

Yes... Chris did graduate 2000 with me... but Corey didn’t run for the 2000 yards until the next year....
Yes we smacked y’all I’m sorry you had to suffer through it....
What ever happened to Corey baliey... he was extra hyped up back then

A little off topic. Does anyone have the answer on why Butch wasn't recruiting Gore. I've always heard the story of Coker offering Gore and getting him and Parrish but why did we shy away from an all time leading rusher in Dade?

I seem to remember something about grades until Coker out about a learning disability Gore had. He got him the help to get him admitted and then his degree (I believe he eventually got it. I know he left early for the draft).

Ask him if he did the next time you see him. The only questionable name of the 4 I gave is Pittman, and if he didn't he was **** close. I remember clearly that Shep and Kinsey did as well because it was discussed greatly as a way to put in perspective the dominance of Frank's season. Their season totals crushed the previous county record but Frank was ahead of them by hundreds of yards and in less games. Gables got knocked out of the 1st round in a shootout with Miami High. Columbus, Palmetto and the West all made it at least to the 2nd round that year...

We (played with Barboni and D-Shep at Columbus) lost in the 1st round to Jackson... it was revenge from the year before when we knocked them out of the playoffs and they were #1 in the nation

Advertisement
We (played with Barboni and D-Shep at Columbus) lost in the 1st round to Jackson... it was revenge from the year before when we knocked them out of the playoffs and they were #1 in the nation
**** right. I didn't know y'all played them opening round. Thought y'all played in the 2nd. Jackson probably should've went to State that year. That was an odd year, we lost to BA(even though that was more of an even match-up talent wise) and CC got upset by Plantation in the 1st round...

Yes... Chris did graduate 2000 with me... but Corey didn’t run for the 2000 yards until the next year....
Yes we smacked y’all I’m sorry you had to suffer through it....
What ever happened to Corey baliey... he was extra hyped up back then
Don't be, we earned that ***-whoopin' fair and square. Y'all had more talent that year, were better coached, and we still underestimated y'all. The hype was real when he was healthy. Blue Chip measurables and talent for sure. Long story short, he chose to be a **** when he coulda been a Cane. Case closed...

The best back i saw live was Mitch Green of Miami Springs in the 1990-1992 range. He was unbelievable. I remember him having like 3-4 over 50 yard runs in the 4th quarter alone one time against HML. Broke the single game record till it was later eclipsed. He was wanted by everybody...Nebraska, Miami, etc.....but had major learning issues and never made it. Just an unbelievable RB.
Mitch is another legend from my hood. The generational guy between Freddie Miles and Willis. He wound up at Oklahoma State but I don't remember how long he lasted there...

Advertisement
Yeah I was. I'd say he was the 5th best recruit I played with on those teams behind John, 2000 guys Corey Bailey(FS who went to UiF) and Steve Harris(WR for Arkansas/Redskins) and Kenny Williams, our TE who went to Auburn in '03.

I remember Steve my bro was there when he was there at Arkansas my uncle too. Bro played QB & Unc was a receiver.

There was an issue. Originally, Gore was committed to U Miss. Coker, also got Roscoe Parrish in after Butch left. Butch though he was too short.
Stop it....Either Post "Facts"...or don't Post....Lol at Got Parrish in after Butch left...I guess Butch thought he was too short as well....

**** right. I didn't know y'all played them opening round. Thought y'all played in the 2nd. Jackson probably should've went to State that year. That was an odd year, we lost to BA(even though that was more of an even match-up talent wise) and CC got upset by Plantation in the 1st round...

Definitely odd. That was the year Dillard went to states and lost to Palm Bay with joe Cohen and Reggie Nelson.

Advertisement
Don't know the yardage totals but Miles was the best I ever saw with my own eyes! Absolute stud of an RB. Not sure if he was able to sign his name and get the 200 starting points on the SAT.

There isn't a person who actually saw Freddie play, who wouldn't agree with you.

Gore, McGahhee, Peacock, etc., were Dade legends. But against Freddie, thy were all fighting for second place.

I was playing for NMB at the time, but I definitely remember Andy Nolan....Legendary Beach High linebacker, class of '80....Went on to play at Harvard if i am not mistaken....

Andy Nolan was a really good player. I remember his Dad, who when I was a kid, was a physician working out of Mt. Sinai Hospital on the beach.

Ironically, Andy would have played against Freddie a couple times in his HS career.

Freddie Miles was the best ever in Dade. No stats but I remember him getting over a thousand in a 3 game stretch.. Wanted to come to UM but he couldn’t read.

he actually was recruited by Schnelly, and enrolled at UM.

stayed for about three weeks until he was caught stealing a stereo from one of the dorms, which he was selling to buy weed.

howard kicked him off the team. ended up at Illinois (of all places) for about a day and a half.

he was kicked out of there, and after that, he pretty much ended up in a crack house

Advertisement
Mitch is another legend from my hood. The generational guy between Freddie Miles and Willis. He wound up at Oklahoma State but I don't remember how long he lasted there...
Didn’t know about OKState but I know a few years after he was in Miami not doing much. He was such a great talent. Wish he had mad3 it

he actually was recruited by Schnelly, and enrolled at UM.

stayed for about three weeks until he was caught stealing a stereo from one of the dorms, which he was selling to buy weed.

howard kicked him off the team. ended up at Illinois (of all places) for about a day and a half.

he was kicked out of there, and after that, he pretty much ended up in a crack house
Went to UF....then out West to Cali (Juco) where he Broke records, before a complete downfall....

Advertisement
Back