2,000 yard rushers in Dade? (question for the historians)

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
All of this Henry Parrish talk got me wondering: how many RBs have run for more than 2,000 yards in a single season in Dade? I figured the football historians on here would have the answer.

Troy Davis (Southridge) was the first one, with 2,211 yards. Here are the names I have so far:

Troy Davis- 2,211 yards
Darren Davis- 2,401 yards
Frank Gore- 2,953 yards
Bobby Washington- 2,132 yards (7.0 ypc)
Duke Johnson- 2,087 yards (10 ypc)
Joseph Yearby- 2,160 yards (7.6 ypc)
Henry Parrish- 2,025 yards (10 ypc)

Advertisement
Went to a small school Archbishops Curley, could have sworn there was a kid in early 90s that went over 2k

Advertisement
All of this Henry Parrish talk got me wondering: how many RBs have run for more than 2,000 yards in a single season in Dade? I figured the football historians on here would have the answer.

Troy Davis (Southridge) was the first one, with 2,211 yards. Here are the names I have so far:

Troy Davis- 2,211 yards
Frank Gore- 2,953 yards
Complete shot in the dark....
Danyell Ferguson

Advertisement

Troy Davis- 2,211 yards
Frank Gore- 2,953 yards
If you only do a quick glance at the list and no analysis, you see a pattern of 5' 9"ish grinder type RBs with good short area. Bobby Washington being the exception.

If you are averaging over 10 yards per carry with that volume...against the best competition in America...I'm not quite sure why anyone would not take him. Especially when comparing him to some of the backs from around the state/country that we are also recruiting.

Chaney and Parrish seemed like a lay up two back class and move on.

But here we are...once again...Miami is the smartest guy in the room.

Advertisement
All of us old time Dade County dudes are gonna bring up Freddie Miles....But, not really sure there are any stats available for what he did at Miami Springs in the late 70s....

Don't know the yardage totals but Miles was the best I ever saw with my own eyes! Absolute stud of an RB. Not sure if he was able to sign his name and get the 200 starting points on the SAT.

Advertisement
I was playing for NMB at the time, but I definitely remember Andy Nolan....Legendary Beach High linebacker, class of '80....Went on to play at Harvard if i am not mistaken....
Yup. I grew up with his sister. I’ve known her since the 1st grade though I haven’t see her in years. His sister’s son was the American Heritage QB a couple of years ago who is now at Harvard as well.

Buster Rhymes ran my *** over during a game....Still have the cleat marks on my chest....So, that's one thing he did at MNW....
I don't think Elvis Peacock (Central) had over 2000 yds, but he would have been a modern 5 star. He went to Oklahoma and I believe was a NFL 1st round pick. You think UGA bags are bad now, Oklahoma used to own Miami top end recruiting. Elvis, Buster, Freddie Nixon and many others went there when they ran the wishbone in the late 70's under Barry Switzer.

If you are averaging over 10 yards per carry with that volume...against the best competition in America...I'm not quite sure why anyone would not take him. Especially when comparing him to some of the backs from around the state/country that we are also recruiting.

Chaney and Parrish seemed like a lay up two back class and move on.

But here we are...once again...Miami is the smartest guy in the room.
Parrish = Yearby

Advertisement
Back