2,000 yard rushers in Dade? (question for the historians)

Advertisement
Went to a small school Archbishops Curley, could have sworn there was a kid in early 90s that went over 2k
Not sure about the 90’s but in the early 2000’s they had an unbelievable kid by the name of Andrew Audelin. I believe he was either over 2k or super close to it. IIrc he almost broke Frank Gore’s single game rushing record.

Advertisement
Advertisement
All of this Henry Parrish talk got me wondering: how many RBs have run for more than 2,000 yards in a single season in Dade? I figured the football historians on here would have the answer.

Troy Davis (Southridge) was the first one, with 2,211 yards. Here are the names I have so far:

Troy Davis- 2,211 yards
Darren Davis- 2,401 yards
Frank Gore- 2,953 yards
Bobby Washington- 2,132 yards (7.0 ypc)
Duke Johnson- 2,087 yards (10 ypc)
Joseph Yearby- 2,160 yards (7.6 ypc)
Henry Parrish- 2,025 yards (10 ypc)

Okay you brought me out with this one
COREY KINSEY - Palmetto.... The same year as Frank 2000 season.... they were battling until Corey got hurt and missed a game or two...
Corey Kinsey #dadecountylegend

All of this Henry Parrish talk got me wondering: how many RBs have run for more than 2,000 yards in a single season in Dade? I figured the football historians on here would have the answer.

Troy Davis (Southridge) was the first one, with 2,211 yards. Here are the names I have so far:

Troy Davis- 2,211 yards
Frank Gore- 2,953 yards

Only Gore and Duke worth mentioning to be honest...how many yards U amass in high school can be overrated in my opinion

Don't know the yardage totals but Miles was the best I ever saw with my own eyes! Absolute stud of an RB. Not sure if he was able to sign his name and get the 200 starting points on the SAT.
I've personally seen...
Emmitt
Gore
Mcgahee
Bobby Washington
Davis Bros
Marquette Smith, and a slew of others....
Freddie Miles was better....The closest I've seen of HS RBs were Noel Devine and Gore.....The 2 Best HS FB Players I've ever seen in my life were Miles and Willie Williams...

Advertisement
My graduating class(2001) had 4. Frank, Darrell Sheppard, Corey Kinsey and Clarence Pittman all went over 2k. Frank, Shep, and Kinsey all broke the threshold in the regular season. **** that year NMB had a back named Daniel Marks(Dude was a BEAST) that went over 1800 and he couldn't get in the conversation with those 4. I played against Kinsey when we were juniors. That kid was NO FUN AT ALL to tackle. 5'6", rocked up, blazing fast and running behind one of the biggest O-lines(Starring U Great Chris Myers). He'd get lost behind that cattle ranch he called his blockers, pop out on the other side and you might as well kiss his *** goodbye...

Last edited:
Only Gore and Duke worth mentioning to be honest...how many yards U amass in high school can be overrated in my opinion

Troy Davis was a two time Heisman finalist, man. What are you talking about? Dude is a CFB Hall of Famer.
Darren (his brother) is the second all-time leading rusher in Iowa State history behind Troy.

Not sure about the 90’s but in the early 2000’s they had an unbelievable kid by the name of Andrew Audelin. I believe he was either over 2k or super close to it. IIrc he almost broke Frank Gore’s single game rushing record.
That’s not who I’m thinking of, by 2000s I was way out of touch with ACND players

Advertisement
Troy Davis was a two time Heisman finalist, man. What are you talking about? Dude is a CFB Hall of Famer.
Darren (his brother) is the second all-time leading rusher in Iowa State history behind Troy.

Was he a Cane? Ok, so let me repeat for U...only Gore and Duke worth mentioning (from that list; and I left Yearby off on purpose)...he could've made 500 Heisman final lists and entered the CFB HOF 1000 times over and I still wouldn't care

That Davis family had a lot of talent
Troy Davis- 2,211 yards
Frank Gore- 2,953 yards

Was he a Cane? Ok, so let me repeat for U...only Gore and Duke worth mentioning (from that list; and I left Yearby off on purpose)...he could've made 500 Heisman final lists and entered the CFB HOF 1000 times over and I still wouldn't care

The topic was HS running backs who broke 2k..plus you only get 4 years of eligibility so it’s impossible to be a heisman finalists 500 times over

Advertisement
Back