2,000 yard rushers in Dade? (question for the historians)

Advertisement
All of this Henry Parrish talk got me wondering: how many RBs have run for more than 2,000 yards in a single season in Dade? I figured the football historians on here would have the answer.

Troy Davis (Southridge) was the first one, with 2,211 yards. Here are the names I have so far:

Troy Davis- 2,211 yards
Darren Davis- 2,401 yards
Frank Gore- 2,953 yards
Bobby Washington- 2,132 yards (7.0 ypc)
Duke Johnson- 2,087 yards (10 ypc)
Joseph Yearby- 2,160 yards (7.6 ypc)
Henry Parrish- 2,025 yards (10 ypc)
Didn’t Devontae Freeman break 2k?

Total BS....Coming from someone who's been friends with him for 24yrs...

Coker was quoted on signing day saying he couldn't convince Butch while he was there so he pulled the trigger after he became head coach (paraphrased mind you in case you hold me to his exact words). His height was the speculation on Grassy.

Granted I wasn't in the room but just ask your cousin. Maybe he was there. ;)

Last edited:
**** right. I didn't know y'all played them opening round. Thought y'all played in the 2nd. Jackson probably should've went to State that year. That was an odd year, we lost to BA(even though that was more of an even match-up talent wise) and CC got upset by Plantation in the 1st round...

I think that was at The Traz and Plantation had a rb that was like 240 pounds a full back white boy if i can recall. If so i was at that game. They downplayed Plantationw ith that Coward from Broward stuff not knowqing Plantation at the time was filled with goons

Advertisement
All of this Henry Parrish talk got me wondering: how many RBs have run for more than 2,000 yards in a single season in Dade? I figured the football historians on here would have the answer.

Troy Davis (Southridge) was the first one, with 2,211 yards. Here are the names I have so far:

Troy Davis- 2,211 yards
Frank Gore- 2,953 yards

All this talk about Perrish, do we even have a shot anymore? Isn't he announcing soon?

Advertisement

Troy Davis- 2,211 yards
Frank Gore- 2,953 yards
Did Frank rush for 2,953 yds in one season ?🧐 If so that is ridiculous!!!!!

Advertisement
Both are about 6'. Not skyscrapers but not midgets either. The only tall Jarvis I can think of is Jarvis Kemp but he ain't play ball out there. I think he was on that fashion wave too.

That might be Jarvis. Jarvis use to come and paint our sneakers and stuff and customize them joints..air forces, reeboks, etc.

Advertisement
My graduating class(2001) had 4. Frank, Darrell Sheppard, Corey Kinsey and Clarence Pittman all went over 2k. Frank, Shep, and Kinsey all broke the threshold in the regular season. **** that year NMB had a back named Daniel Marks(Dude was a BEAST) that went over 1800 and he couldn't get in the conversation with those 4. I played against Kinsey when we were juniors. That kid was NO FUN AT ALL to tackle. 5'6", rocked up, blazing fast and running behind one of the biggest O-lines(Starring U Great Chris Myers). He'd get lost behind that cattle ranch he called his blockers, pop out on the other side and you might as well kiss his *** goodbye...

I graduated in 01 too. I went to school with Kinsey. My ankles still haven’t recovered from when he broke them in flag football during Gym. Short guy but fast as ****. Corey had a temper too, he would throw down at any given moment.

Advertisement
Back