2,000 yard rushers in Dade? (question for the historians)

Frank Gore was the best RB Ive ever seen in high school bar none.. He was from down south and I am from Carol City and remember hearing about him in the time there was no social media. Went to see him one game and was blown the **** away. He was almost gone to Ole miss before Miami cane through with them bags

Advertisement
Crazy that little Miami Springs had Miles, then Mitch Green and then Willis Mcgahee for 3 years before he transferred to central
You can thank redistricting for that. Seminola and especially where I'm from, the western part of Brown Sub/Gladeview(everything between north of SR112 and NW 71st St. and 27th to 35th Ave.(The Tree Bar)) is responsible for 99.9% of the talent that comes through Springs. From cats like Freddie Miles and Lomas Brown in my ol' girl's era, Orpheus Roye in the time right before mine, to Willis and Nuke(was there for a week but definitely his home school), down to T.Y. Hilton, the current perennial Pro Bowler from around my way...

I graduated in 01 too. I went to school with Kinsey. My ankles still haven’t recovered from when he broke them in flag football during Gym. Short guy but fast as ****. Corey had a temper too, he would throw down at any given moment.
Basically, dude was the prototype for the Shaun Shivers/Johnny Ford types. **** shame he had to go 1-AA. Guys like them have him and others like him to thank. Major schools couldn't keep ignoring the little guy who does nothing but kick the *** of the greatest competition in America. He might not have been built for 25+ carries a game, but Kinsey coulda been a WEAPON for ANY P5 in the country...

Frank Gore was the best RB Ive ever seen in high school bar none.. He was from down dsouth and I am from Carol City and remember hearing about him in the time there was no social media. Went to see him one game and was blown the **** away. He was almost gone to Ole miss before Miami cane through with them bags
Was it the CC game? That's the one time I saw him live and I walked away flummoxed by what I'd witnessed. That CC defense was filthy(Zo and Jeanty were the best DL in the county although overrated *** Willie Jones got all the pub) and he gashed the **** outta them. They woulda pulled off the upset if he hadn't started cramping.

Big ups for Coach Yeash. Let's not forget Coach Strode.
I didnt know them like that. I just have a strange memory. Literally everytime I saw my homeboy that way they'd try to do the whole come to school here speil. Yeash was a strange dude.

Advertisement
I didnt know them like that. I just have a strange memory. Literally everytime I saw my homeboy that way they'd try to do the whole come to school here speil. Yeash was a strange dude.
Iowa boy. Just lived for his baseball. Found it pretty cool you knew who they were. That school helped me in a transition in life so I'm kind of biased.
Much respect, dd.

Cooper! We were at AU at the same time. Every time I saw dude I was like, "**** I should have played football." Dude was smaller than me. LOL

I thought he’d be better than he was , I know AU had an awful run blocking ol then but he looked quite meh there.

You can thank redistricting for that. Seminola and especially where I'm from, the western part of Brown Sub/Gladeview(everything between north of SR112 and NW 71st St. and 27th to 35th Ave.(The Tree Bar)) is responsible for 99.9% of the talent that comes through Springs. From cats like Freddie Miles and Lomas Brown in my ol' girl's era, Orpheus Roye in the time right before mine, to Willis and Nuke(was there for a week but definitely his home school), down to T.Y. Hilton, the current perennial Pro Bowler from around my way...
What year did you graduate from springs? I was 1994. Team was insanely good that year. Royce was there my freshman year but I remember him and I used to play b-ball versus TY years later..... he didn’t play football till about junior year. Was a shooting guard making a ton of 3s till then

Advertisement

I played with Lomas brown. That boy was a **** of an athlete. We also played basketball together. He was about 275 in high school and was a pretty good center for his size.

What year did you graduate from springs? I was 1994. Team was insanely good that year. Royce was there my freshman year but I remember him and I used to play b-ball versus TY years later..... he didn’t play football till about junior year. Was a shooting guard making a ton of 3s till then
I never went there and I'm waaay younger than you. You were there with a lotta cats from the hood I looked up to. That's the home school for my neighborhood. I went to Springs Middle but my mom would've rather die in a grease fire than let me go there(Personal beef with Dr. Bales). I grew up one block over from Rufus Smith who played on the '94 team. That team had the best defense I ever saw on the HS level. Held the Davis Bros. and the Ridge to 14 points when they lost in the Semis. They turned around and dropped 69 in the championship game. If you played b-ball you probably remember my godbrother O'Neil from The Bahamas and Cedric Rahmings(he stayed on Rufus' block too).

Advertisement
Dutch never even came close to 1000
You probably talking about Jose Rodriguez or Markus Thurman
Not either of those, it was a few years after I graduated so wasn’t anyone I ever went to school with so can’t loo
Dutch never even came close to 1000
You probably talking about Jose Rodriguez or Markus Thurman
were they early 90s? Neither ring a bell

Now this is a fun thread, too young to know about any of these guys. Wish there was video of back in those days like we have now. Always fun to hear about local legends. Threads like these make this site actually enjoyable!

Advertisement
I played with Lomas brown. That boy was a **** of an athlete. We also played basketball together. He was about 275 in high school and was a pretty good center for his size.
An OG Legend from around the way. Moms grew up with him and his wife Mrs. Delores. Straight from 55th & 31st. I found out he was from the hood when he made the speech when Mike Utley was paralyzed. I was reading the sports section of the Herald and he was on the front page. My mom comes outta the kitchen like, "Look at Lomas". I knew she wasn't a football fan let alone a Lions fan, so I was like how the heck do you know who that is.

Not either of those, it was a few years after I graduated so wasn’t anyone I ever went to school with so can’t loo

those were early and late 90s one was class of 93 the other was 98

92 and 93 Rodriguez lead them in rushing than you have 94 Pablo/Dutch/Vlad splitting carries 95/96 you had Livingston/Michel/Gonzalez and 97 and 98 you had Royals and Thumann 99 you had Masseus and Louidor thats basically 92-99 for you late 80s you had Chip

Advertisement
Back