17 non conference sched

You guys are missing the point - most important non conference game is Bama playing FSU
- If (and yes a big if) the Noles beat Bama and FSU stays unbeaten we go to Trailerhassee and beat FSU - we are fine

Right now it is about wins against top teams PLUS we are now seen as the #2 or even #1 conference in College football
- Win the conference - really good shot to be in the Big 4

Advertisement
You guys are missing the point - most important non conference game is Bama playing FSU
- If (and yes a big if) the Noles beat Bama and FSU stays unbeaten we go to Trailerhassee and beat FSU - we are fine

Right now it is about wins against top teams PLUS we are now seen as the #2 or even #1 conference in College football
- Win the conference - really good shot to be in the Big 4

I don't know about anyone else on this board, but I hope Bama annihilates F$U on national TV.

I don't care what the **** FSU does. I just want to kick their ***. **** hopefully we beat them in the regular season and in the ACCCG

If the playoff had existed in the late 1990s and early 2000s a lot of 2 loss teams would have made the playoff. Strangely this has become a lot less common since the late 2000s. Even though the schedule has been expanded from 11 to 12 games and conference title games have become more common.

Advertisement
We won't be able to get into the playoffs with 2 losses with this dog**** OOC scuedule. And if the ACC has a bad enough year it could possibly even call our playoff status into question at 12-1.

Did Tulane ever take us off their "no play" list?

Because of the 5th down game in the 70s? No idea, but Miami has played Tulane in Men's and women's basketball and baseball since.

Yeah, early 70s. They said they would not play Miami beyond the games that were already scheduled. Anyway, ADs get a bug up their *** then they move on, and things change.

Tulane's on like their 19th AD since then. Even Mack Brown was an AD at Tulane in the 80s. Their new AD is from Northern Iowa. The only people at Tulane who have anything against Miami are the old fans who remember the game.

The funny thing was...I just said Tulane randomely, Lol. I had never even heard of what happened in the 70's.

Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 3.20.00 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 3.20.31 PM.jpg

I don't care what the **** FSU does. I just want to kick their ***. **** hopefully we beat them in the regular season and in the ACCCG

This.

If the argument is about SOS - you should care - if FSU gets destroyed by Bama and then tanks the rest of the year ---- even if we beat them at Tally our SOS will be crap
- We need the highest rated team we play next year to only lose to us --- that is how it works

Advertisement
Because of the 5th down game in the 70s? No idea, but Miami has played Tulane in Men's and women's basketball and baseball since.

Yeah, early 70s. They said they would not play Miami beyond the games that were already scheduled. Anyway, ADs get a bug up their *** then they move on, and things change.

Tulane's on like their 19th AD since then. Even Mack Brown was an AD at Tulane in the 80s. Their new AD is from Northern Iowa. The only people at Tulane who have anything against Miami are the old fans who remember the game.

The funny thing was...I just said Tulane randomely, Lol. I had never even heard of what happened in the 70's.

View attachment 41562

View attachment 41563

LOL at them calling Chuck Foremen "George" twice.

This.

If the argument is about SOS - you should care - if FSU gets destroyed by Bama and then tanks the rest of the year ---- even if we beat them at Tally our SOS will be crap
- We need the highest rated team we play next year to only lose to us --- that is how it works

every year ppl say this but our sos will not be shot if fsu loses to the #1 team. if fsus only loss was to us and bama theyd be a strong opponent.
sos isnt even that big of a deal. if youre in p5 and have one of 4 best records in nation you make cfp. a super high goal is to win the acc and big time bowl. we havent even won the coastal yet and some of yall planning how we gunna make the cfp.
expectation is to win the coastal. goal is to win acc. icing on cake to win major bowl like OB.

This.

every year ppl say this but our sos will not be shot if fsu loses to the #1 team. if fsus only loss was to us and bama theyd be a strong opponent.
sos isnt even that big of a deal. if youre in p5 and have one of 4 best records in nation you make cfp. a super high goal is to win the acc and big time bowl. we havent even won the coastal yet and some of yall planning how we gunna make the cfp.
expectation is to win the coastal. goal is to win acc. icing on cake to win major bowl like OB.

The SOS argument doesn't matter to me if it's FSU or UF. I want those teams to lose every single game of the year. The worse they are, the better for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 41562

View attachment 41563

LOL at them calling Chuck Foremen "George" twice.

New Orleans' newspapers have always sucked

Advertisement
How many FBS schools even have an opening next year? I would think it would have to be an FCS school at this point.

**** it... We really need to increase the strength of schedule.

Why? If we go 12-0 or 11-1 with our schedule the way it is we're in contention for a playoff spot.

Notre Shame is supposed to be our "premier" non-conference game next year, and if they play remotely like they did this year, then that does not help us at all. Playing the likes of Toledo and Ark. State wont help us either, especially when you consider the fact that UNC and Vaj Tech are not projected to be good teams next year.

There is a solid chance that the only ranked opponent we face all year is F$U, which does not bold well for us. I really ******* hope we don't schedule FAMU, that's a garbage game; I would rather play another bottom tier division 1 team then a bottom feeder FCS team.

And what you think bama does? CHATTANOOGA? Towards the end of the year? That's an unofficial bye week

Why? If we go 12-0 or 11-1 with our schedule the way it is we're in contention for a playoff spot.

Notre Shame is supposed to be our "premier" non-conference game next year, and if they play remotely like they did this year, then that does not help us at all. Playing the likes of Toledo and Ark. State wont help us either, especially when you consider the fact that UNC and Vaj Tech are not projected to be good teams next year.

There is a solid chance that the only ranked opponent we face all year is F$U, which does not bold well for us. I really ******* hope we don't schedule FAMU, that's a garbage game; I would rather play another bottom tier division 1 team then a bottom feeder FCS team.

And what you think bama does? CHATTANOOGA? Towards the end of the year? That's an unofficial bye week

UTC played Bama closer than a lot of I-A teams did

Advertisement

It's the same ****. ND isn't a bad marquee and NO ONE IN THE COUNTRY saw them winning 4 games this year.

It's the same ****. ND isn't a bad marquee and NO ONE IN THE COUNTRY saw them winning 4 games this year.

Can't you people just not **** with Tulane and Chattanooga? I've had a rough week.

ND is a great Non-Con game any year. Its not like we can predict how good teams are when they are scheduled. We don't know if Michigan St will suck or be great in 2021...
But seriously the SOS doesn't matter as much as everyone thought it would. This past year proved its incredibly hard to jump a team with a better W/L record in the rankings.

Advertisement
Back