17 non conference sched

Supposedly it was Golden's idea to make these garbage OOC slates in order to make his record better than it really was.

Anyway I hate these OOC slates and I hope James dramatically improves them in future years.

Advertisement
What this boils down to is the fact that we have some posters who would rather have a sure-win because they are scared to lose by playing a team with somewhat of a pulse, who could actually technically beat us.

Why are people so scared of this program playing better competition? For Miami, the mantra used to be: "anywhere, anybody, anytime", now, we got people clamoring to play FAMU on a yearly basis because they are scared of the fact that a lower tier division 1 team might upset us. Well, guess what? If we lose to a lower tier FBS team, then we don't deserve to be in the playoff...period.

Again, no one is clamoring for us to play FAMU. We're just not flipping out like a woman if we DO play FAMU.

Asking me to know what a computer is thinking in the BCS era, or a committee is thinking now is not a serious question. Both the committee and the computers use SOS as part of their criteria.

But you're so sure. Playing Texas State would be more beneficial than playing FAMU. Certainly you have proof of that.

I think if it came down to the point where two 2 loss teams were vying for a spot, then yes, the little details matter.

If it came down to 2-loss teams, it would 100000% depend on who you lost to, not who you beat on September 10th in a non-conference game.

It certainly comes down to a lot of factors, but a team with a better SOS, and similar losses, will be elevated.

The conversation ends after "who did they lose to" and "who did they beat". It never, ever comes down to the 12th opponent.

But you're so sure. Playing Texas State would be more beneficial than playing FAMU. Certainly you have proof of that.

I think if it came down to the point where two 2 loss teams were vying for a spot, then yes, the little details matter.

If it came down to 2-loss teams, it would 100000% depend on who you lost to, not who you beat on September 10th in a non-conference game.

It certainly comes down to a lot of factors, but a team with a better SOS, and similar losses, will be elevated.

The conversation ends after "who did they lose to" and "who did they beat". It never, ever comes down to the 12th opponent.

The really really bad teams are what can really drag your SOS down. Playing the #200 team drags down your SOS a lot more than playing the #100 team does. Even though there really is no difference in win probability between playing the #100 and #200 team if you're a top 10 team.

And replacing FAMU on our schedule with a Power 5 opponent switches who the 12th opponent is.

The really really bad teams are what can really drag your SOS down. Playing the #200 team drags down your SOS a lot more than playing the #100 team does. Even though there really is no difference in win probability between playing the #100 and #200 team if you're a top 10 team.

And replacing FAMU on our schedule with a Power 5 opponent switches who the 12th opponent is.

You're under the impression that there is some SOS number like back in the BCS days. That just isn't true. The committee doesn't care that one schedule is #23 and another one is #34 . They want to know how bad your losses were and how good your best wins were.

Advertisement
Let's concern ourselves with winning out against a weak schedule before we start worrying about making the schedule tougher. Miami went 9-4 against a schedule that was hardly murderer's row last season. Let's worry about beating the four teams that beat us last year who are on the schedule again this season. Besides, non conference games are scheduled years in advance. Occasionally you get a team that backs out at the last second and you can fill that spot right away but that's rare.

Or you watch another team with 2 losses get in over you, LOL. Try to follow the bouncing ball, bud.

Here's the list of two loss teams that have made it into the College Football Playoff:

That would be convincing except the college football playoff is currently in its infant stage, therefore, your point isn't exceptionally strong. I'm old enough to remember a 2 loss LSU team winning the championship in an era with only 2 teams competing for a title. So, in an expanded 4 team error, you insinuate that a two loss team will never be under consideration?

Cool, you found one year in the modern era when a 2-loss team played for a title. Strong point.

You never answered the question. Would Penn State rather have played Pitt or FAMU?

Oh, so I was right, thanks. And neither, a game against Tulane would suffice.

Why the **** you gonna drag Tulane in here, ?

Here's the list of two loss teams that have made it into the College Football Playoff:

That would be convincing except the college football playoff is currently in its infant stage, therefore, your point isn't exceptionally strong. I'm old enough to remember a 2 loss LSU team winning the championship in an era with only 2 teams competing for a title. So, in an expanded 4 team error, you insinuate that a two loss team will never be under consideration?

Cool, you found one year in the modern era when a 2-loss team played for a title. Strong point.

You never answered the question. Would Penn State rather have played Pitt or FAMU?

Lol, they deserved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Lol, they deserved it!

Da **** they ever do to you?

Did Tulane ever take us off their "no play" list?

Because of the 5th down game in the 70s? No idea, but Miami has played Tulane in Men's and women's basketball and baseball since.

Yeah, early 70s. They said they would not play Miami beyond the games that were already scheduled. Anyway, ADs get a bug up their *** then they move on, and things change.

Advertisement

Because of the 5th down game in the 70s? No idea, but Miami has played Tulane in Men's and women's basketball and baseball since.

Yeah, early 70s. They said they would not play Miami beyond the games that were already scheduled. Anyway, ADs get a bug up their *** then they move on, and things change.

Tulane's on like their 19th AD since then. Even Mack Brown was an AD at Tulane in the 80s. Their new AD is from Northern Iowa. The only people at Tulane who have anything against Miami are the old fans who remember the game.

Yep, truth. How many opposing ADs have said they will never play Miami again? Washington, South Carolina come to mind. But, like you said, many intervening ADs since then.

Advertisement

Tulane's on like their 19th AD since then. Even Mack Brown was an AD at Tulane in the 80s. Their new AD is from Northern Iowa. The only people at Tulane who have anything against Miami are the old fans who remember the game.

The funny thing was...I just said Tulane randomely, Lol. I had never even heard of what happened in the 70's.

**** it... We really need to increase the strength of schedule.

Why? If we go 12-0 or 11-1 with our schedule the way it is we're in contention for a playoff spot.

Notre Shame is supposed to be our "premier" non-conference game next year, and if they play remotely like they did this year, then that does not help us at all. Playing the likes of Toledo and Ark. State wont help us either, especially when you consider the fact that UNC and Vaj Tech are not projected to be good teams next year.

There is a solid chance that the only ranked opponent we face all year is F$U, which does not bold well for us. I really ******* hope we don't schedule FAMU, that's a garbage game; I would rather play another bottom tier division 1 team then a bottom feeder FCS team.

Bode.

Why? If we go 12-0 or 11-1 with our schedule the way it is we're in contention for a playoff spot.

Notre Shame is supposed to be our "premier" non-conference game next year, and if they play remotely like they did this year, then that does not help us at all. Playing the likes of Toledo and Ark. State wont help us either, especially when you consider the fact that UNC and Vaj Tech are not projected to be good teams next year.

There is a solid chance that the only ranked opponent we face all year is F$U, which does not bode well for us. I really ******* hope we don't schedule FAMU, that's a garbage game; I would rather play another bottom tier division 1 team then a bottom feeder FCS team.

There is a solid chance that the only ranked opponent we face all year is F$U, which does not bold well for us. I really ******* hope we don't schedule FAMU, that's a garbage game; I would rather play another bottom tier division 1 team then a bottom feeder FCS team.

Bode.

Ahhh thank you, spell check on the iPhone is always getting me.

Advertisement
Back