17 non conference sched

Or you watch another team with 2 losses get in over you, LOL. Try to follow the bouncing ball, bud.

Here's the list of two loss teams that have made it into the College Football Playoff:

That would be convincing except the college football playoff is currently in its infant stage, therefore, your point isn't exceptionally strong. I'm old enough to remember a 2 loss LSU team winning the championship in an era with only 2 teams competing for a title. So, in an expanded 4 team error, you insinuate that a two loss team will never be under consideration?

Cool, you found one year in the modern era when a 2-loss team played for a title. Strong point.

You never answered the question. Would Penn State rather have played Pitt or FAMU?

Moreover, you dodged the fact that a 4 team playoff that has been going on for 3 years proves whats going to happen in the future. If a two loss team can compete in a 2 team playoff, then circumstances are going to pop up in a 4 team setting, and more than before. The only question is when.

Advertisement
Oh, so I was right, thanks. And neither, a game against Tulane would suffice.

Yes, you were right that 2-loss teams often fight each other for playoff spots, and when they do, it comes down to whether they played a Sun Belt team or an FCS team. You nailed it.

And neither, a game against Tulane would suffice.

Incorrect on "neither". A game against FAMU would have put them in the playoffs.

Or you watch another team with 2 losses get in over you, LOL. Try to follow the bouncing ball, bud.

Here's the list of two loss teams that have made it into the College Football Playoff:

That would be convincing except the college football playoff is currently in its infant stage, therefore, your point isn't exceptionally strong. I'm old enough to remember a 2 loss LSU team winning the championship in an era with only 2 teams competing for a title. So, in an expanded 4 team error, you insinuate that a two loss team will never be under consideration?

Cool, you found one year in the modern era when a 2-loss team played for a title. Strong point.

You never answered the question. Would Penn State rather have played Pitt or FAMU?

Oh, so I was right, thanks. And neither, a game against Tulane would suffice.

Or a game vs. Vanderbilt or Rutgers or Oregon State.

Advertisement
Moreover, you dodged the fact that a 4 team playoff that has been going on for 3 years proves whats going to happen in the future. If a two loss team can compete in a 2 team playoff, then circumstances are going to pop up in a 4 team setting, and more than before. The only question is when.

More than once in 100 years? Looking forward to that.

Umm, ya it would. Considering one is division 1 FBS football and the other is a bottom dwelling FCS school.

Can you show me the examples when a playoff spot was determined based on the worst OOC game? Thanks in advance.

Asking me to know what a computer is thinking in the BCS era, or a committee is thinking now is not a serious question. Both the committee and the computers use SOS as part of their criteria.

Advertisement

We have had a 4 team playoff for ONLY 3 years. How is this so hard to comprehend?

It was a joke, if I was actually insulting your aptitude, then you would know it. Stop being so thin skinned, chief.

It had nothing to do with the discussion. You completely went off the rails because you had no argument.

I have posted an actual example, and you just denounced it because it doesn't fit your narrative.

An example of what?

LSU.

Umm, ya it would. Considering one is division 1 FBS football and the other is a bottom dwelling FCS school.

Can you show me the examples when a playoff spot was determined based on the worst OOC game? Thanks in advance.

Asking me to know what a computer is thinking in the BCS era, or a committee is thinking now is not a serious question. Both the committee and the computers use SOS as part of their criteria.

But you're so sure. Playing Texas State would be more beneficial than playing FAMU. Certainly you have proof of that.

Advertisement

But you're so sure. Playing Texas State would be more beneficial than playing FAMU. Certainly you have proof of that.

I think if it came down to the point where two 2 loss teams were vying for a spot, then yes, the little details matter.

We have had a 4 team playoff for ONLY 3 years. How is this so hard to comprehend?

That's what I've been asking myself.

You know what you're arguing, right? You're saying that we should play Texas State instead of FAMU just in case we happen to end up with two losses in one of the abnormal, once in a lifetime years when two loss teams are fighting for the last playoff spot. Because the committee will compare our worst OOC game with someone else's worst OOC game.

That's what you're doing here. And you're serious.

Advertisement

I think if it came down to the point where two 2 loss teams were vying for a spot, then yes, the little details matter.

If it came down to 2-loss teams, it would 100000% depend on who you lost to, not who you beat on September 10th in a non-conference game.

What this boils down to is the fact that we have some posters who would rather have a sure-win because they are scared to lose by playing a team with somewhat of a pulse, who could actually technically beat us.

Why are people so scared of this program playing better competition? For Miami, the mantra used to be: "anywhere, anybody, anytime", now, we got people clamoring to play FAMU on a yearly basis because they are scared of the fact that a lower tier division 1 team might upset us. Well, guess what? If we lose to a lower tier FBS team, then we don't deserve to be in the playoff...period.

Last edited:

If it came down to 2-loss teams, it would 100000% depend on who you lost to, not who you beat on September 10th in a non-conference game.

It certainly comes down to a lot of factors, but a team with a better SOS, and similar losses, will be elevated.

Or a game vs. Vanderbilt or Rutgers or Oregon State.

Rutgers would be a conference game.

A game against FAMU would have put them in the playoffs.

I'm talking about us, not Penn.

Look at the quotes. You were talking about Penn State. It's okay to admit a mistake.

Okay, if it will make you feel good, bud, but that was not my point. My point was to highlight schools we could play instead of FAMU.

Advertisement
Back