17 non conference sched

da truth

1st team All-American
Any idea who will be our fourth mom conference game next year? I hope it's not a fcs team but it's not looking good.

Advertisement
I'd be more excited for an intra-squad scrimmage than yet annnnnnother FAMU game. Maybe just have a flag football game between Canes greats and Dolphins alumni instead. Let the 3 people that wanted to see FAMU's band do some wacky race at halftime for a $50 Big Cheese gift certificate as some sort of peace offering.

**** it... We really need to increase the strength of schedule. Continue to try and schedule home/home with major programs. I would love to get Tennessee on the schedule. Also, playing some PAC-12 teams would be nice for West Coast exposure and recruiting. I am sick of playing the Ark St, App St, etc. road games. They present no-win situations, and are an embarrassment.

Considering we will be breaking in a new QB I am fine with a few easy games to get the nerves and the kinks down with confidence going up. You can't just call UT and say hey let's play 1st game next year. These games are schedule way far in advance. We play LSU, Florida and Michigan State in the next 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
**** it... We really need to increase the strength of schedule.

Why? If we go 12-0 or 11-1 with our schedule the way it is we're in contention for a playoff spot.

Notre Shame is supposed to be our "premier" non-conference game next year, and if they play remotely like they did this year, then that does not help us at all. Playing the likes of Toledo and Ark. State wont help us either, especially when you consider the fact that UNC and Vaj Tech are not projected to be good teams next year.

There is a solid chance that the only ranked opponent we face all year is F$U, which does not bold well for us. I really ******* hope we don't schedule FAMU, that's a garbage game; I would rather play another bottom tier division 1 team then a bottom feeder FCS team.

Considering we will be breaking in a new QB I am fine with a few easy games to get the nerves and the kinks down with confidence going up. You can't just call UT and say hey let's play 1st game next year. These games are schedule way far in advance. We play LSU, Florida and Michigan State in the next 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I get that... I am pretty sure no power five team is getting in on the schedule at this point for 17. I was mostly talking in the future. I also agree that next year it will be nice to have an easier slate with a new QB taking over. I just really want to get to a point where game in and game out we are playing quality teams that lend something to the schedule and offer a benefit to recruiting and a possible playoff run.

Why? If we go 12-0 or 11-1 with our schedule the way it is we're in contention for a playoff spot.

Notre Shame is supposed to be our "premier" non-conference game next year, and if they play remotely like they did this year, then that does not help us at all. Playing the likes of Toledo and Ark. State wont help us either, especially when you consider the fact that UNC and Vaj Tech are not projected to be good teams next year.

Washington's non-conference schedule included Rutgers, Idaho, and Portland State. Their big win was against 3-loss Stanford. And Washington got in with a loss while playing that schedule.

Just admit that you want bigger games for selfish entertainment reasons. The strength of our schedule for playoff purposes is fine.

Advertisement

Washington's non-conference schedule included Rutgers, Idaho, and Portland State. Their big win was against 3-loss Stanford. And Washington got in with a loss while playing that schedule.

Just admit that you want bigger games for selfish entertainment reasons. The strength of our schedule for playoff purposes is fine.

Washington barely got in. I dont want things to be in doubt. In a competitive year, where many times are vying for a spot in the playoff, we should leave no doubt. There is zero reason why we should be playing teams like FAMU; if you want a weaker team, then add a crappy team from the MAC or something, but do not schedule those games.

Washington barely got in.

Fixed.

Washington barely got in.

Fixed.

So clever! Glad we have fans praying to play FAMU every year. Sad.

Advertisement

Washington barely got in. I dont want things to be in doubt. In a competitive year, where many times are vying for a spot in the playoff, we should leave no doubt. There is zero reason why we should be playing teams like FAMU; if you want a weaker team, then add a crappy team from the MAC or something, but do not schedule those games.

We're already facing the mighty Toledo Rockets

We're already facing the mighty Toledo Rockets

Make it Conference USA then, LOL.

Advertisement

There is a solid chance that the only ranked opponent we face all year is F$U, which does not bold well for us. I really ******* hope we don't schedule FAMU, that's a garbage game; I would rather play another bottom tier division 1 team then a bottom feeder FCS team.

I expect us to be favorites for the coastal simply based on how good our D should be, especially if we have a decent QB. If that's the case, Winning the ACC with 1 loss would probably get us in. You can expect FSU, Clemson, or Louisville to meet us in Orlando ( or did they already move the ACCCG back to tobacco road?)

I love how you change the narrative midstream. No one is praying to play FAMU. But we're also not losing sleep over some mythical "strength of schedule" issue. Any team from the ACC that goes 12-0 or 11-1 is in the playoff conversation, period.

I love how you change the narrative midstream. No one is praying to play FAMU. But we're also not losing sleep over some mythical "strength of schedule" issue. Any team from the ACC that goes 12-0 or 11-1 is in the playoff conversation, period.

This. Look at Bama's schedule this year against a weak *** SEC. They still played:

Western Kentucky
Kent State
Chattanooga

FAMU isn't gonna affect us.

Yep, win the ACC and you are in as long as you are not a 2+ loss team.

Advertisement
Back