17 non conference sched

FAMU has won multiple National Championships, Olympic Gold Medals and has numerous influential leaders and entertainers across the globe. Anyone disrespecting FAMU should be burned to death with 1000 lit Black & Milds.

Advertisement
Notre Shame is supposed to be our "premier" non-conference game next year, and if they play remotely like they did this year, then that does not help us at all. Playing the likes of Toledo and Ark. State wont help us either, especially when you consider the fact that UNC and Vaj Tech are not projected to be good teams next year.

There is a solid chance that the only ranked opponent we face all year is F$U, which does not bold well for us. I really ******* hope we don't schedule FAMU, that's a garbage game; I would rather play another bottom tier division 1 team then a bottom feeder FCS team.

And what you think bama does? CHATTANOOGA? Towards the end of the year? That's an unofficial bye week

UTC played Bama closer than a lot of I-A teams did

It's the same ****. ND isn't a bad marquee and NO ONE IN THE COUNTRY saw them winning 4 games this year.

ND is a great Non-Con game any year. Its not like we can predict how good teams are when they are scheduled. We don't know if Michigan St will suck or be great in 2021...
But seriously the SOS doesn't matter as much as everyone thought it would. This past year proved its incredibly hard to jump a team with a better W/L record in the rankings.

Plus that **** changes throughout the season. That's the thing that keeps bama in the convo anyway. They win their marquee against an opponent they somehow know they'll be able to beat then run through the over hyped and over ranked sec year after year. The bias keeps most the teams they turn into piñatas ranked then it justifies bama at seasons end being ranked. But as bowl season showed, that conference was a facade in many ways

We should play at least 2 Power 5 teams OOC every year. And we should never ever ever play an FCS team.

Ok.

Almost every team in the ACC and SEC played a FCS team last year. Bama does it, FSU does it, LSU does it, and so on. **** UNC played 2 FCS teams last year.

Why can all of them play FCS teams but not us?

We have a freshman QB. I say keep the schedule as easy as possible, especially early on, and give the kid a few layups to build him up.

That's how I see it

I don't care what the **** FSU does. I just want to kick their ***. **** hopefully we beat them in the regular season and in the ACCCG

This.

If the argument is about SOS - you should care - if FSU gets destroyed by Bama and then tanks the rest of the year ---- even if we beat them at Tally our SOS will be crap
- We need the highest rated team we play next year to only lose to us --- that is how it works

every year ppl say this but our sos will not be shot if fsu loses to the #1 team. if fsus only loss was to us and bama theyd be a strong opponent.
sos isnt even that big of a deal. if youre in p5 and have one of 4 best records in nation you make cfp. a super high goal is to win the acc and big time bowl. we havent even won the coastal yet and some of yall planning how we gunna make the cfp.
expectation is to win the coastal. goal is to win acc. icing on cake to win major bowl like OB.

The SOS argument doesn't matter to me if it's FSU or UF. I want those teams to lose every single game of the year. The worse they are, the better for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but history says otherwise - when we were a top 10 team every year, FSU was right there with us
- Matter of fact, even though we beat them the year before - every preseason they were ranked ahead of us

Advertisement

If the argument is about SOS - you should care - if FSU gets destroyed by Bama and then tanks the rest of the year ---- even if we beat them at Tally our SOS will be crap
- We need the highest rated team we play next year to only lose to us --- that is how it works

every year ppl say this but our sos will not be shot if fsu loses to the #1 team. if fsus only loss was to us and bama theyd be a strong opponent.
sos isnt even that big of a deal. if youre in p5 and have one of 4 best records in nation you make cfp. a super high goal is to win the acc and big time bowl. we havent even won the coastal yet and some of yall planning how we gunna make the cfp.
expectation is to win the coastal. goal is to win acc. icing on cake to win major bowl like OB.

The SOS argument doesn't matter to me if it's FSU or UF. I want those teams to lose every single game of the year. The worse they are, the better for us.

Sorry but history says otherwise - when we were a top 10 team every year, FSU was right there with us
- Matter of fact, even though we beat them the year before - every preseason they were ranked ahead of us

My point is I want them to lose every game. Every Cane fan should. Only helps us in recruiting, etc.

We should play at least 2 Power 5 teams OOC every year. And we should never ever ever play an FCS team.

Ok.

Almost every team in the ACC and SEC played a FCS team last year. Bama does it, FSU does it, LSU does it, and so on. **** UNC played 2 FCS teams last year.

If everybody else was jumping off a cliff would you join in on the fun?

I was thinking about this the other day and I think we should capitalize on the momentum USF has built for themselves and schedule them. Gives us a ranked opponent to grease ourselves up with and get a nice win to start the season off.

Are you implying that its not possible for us to rank highly unless FSU also has a great season?

because that would be beyond stupid.

Advertisement

Ok.

If everybody else was jumping off a cliff would you join in on the fun?

If "jumping off a cliff" means adding a win that doesn't hurt you one bit, then yes, I would jump off a cliff.

I was thinking about this the other day and I think we should capitalize on the momentum USF has built for themselves and schedule them. Gives us a ranked opponent to grease ourselves up with and get a nice win to start the season off.

Right, because everyone is waiting to schedule their non-conference games until we decide who we want to play.

Advertisement
Back