11 wins? 10? 9? Coastal Champs? Call it.

Advertisement
It all depends on the OL's run blocking. It they suck again it's going to be a roller coaster.

Have you ever rode a woody?

13917-24542.jpg

I can understand depth concerns at some places, but if another person mentions TE depth as an issue, I'm going to lose my god**** mind. How many teams play with more than one TE or a TE at all anymore? Why do we need a 3 deep at TE? If Herndon goes down, either use another OL for blocking or turn it into 4 wide. Our season does not ride or die on the TE position. Sorry - I just can't handle that as a reason why we can't win 10 games
Exactly. TE is one of those spots you can work around easily especially with all the WRs on our team.

Don't understand how people on here feel like this is the year there should be no excuses. LAST YEAR was the year for no excuses. IMO last year's team is a better, deeper, more experience team than this year's. We had great depth at key positions like RB, TE, Safety, DT whereas this year we're dangerously thin at those positions. And oh by the way, we had a QB better than at least 3 of the 4 current QB's on the roster. Combine that with our main coastal opponents being a UNC team with a non-existent defense and a less talented VT team that was breaking in a new, less experienced coach than ours and last season was the year that was inexcusable for not winning the coastal.

This year we're riding on a 160lb freshman QB or a second baseman, and on Walton not only not getting injured but also stepping up his game big time to help out his QB. Those two things alone are too big of a wild card for me to have any sort of high expectation or to conclude that I can't imagine an excuse as to why this season doesn't end in glory.

Given our lollipop schedule though, anything worse than 9-3 would mean our coaching staff came up short.

The defensive front seven should take a big leap. The defensive tackles are going into their third year which is known to be the year they make the biggest jump, plus another year under Kul. Jackson Harris and Thomas with another year experience, and add in Garvin and Johnson...

The big three at linebacker coming in with another year in S&C and experience have a chance to be amazing. With what we've heard about Young, Redwine and Carter I don't think anyones that worried about the D backfield. Add in Dean and Delaney and it could even improve on last year.

The biggest thing is an improved offensive line. Last years team was destined to fail with that ****. With Donaldson, Gauthier, Gaynor and St. Louis emerging and McDermott and Darling moving into their more comfortable positions, we can actually be able to really run the ball and protect the QB this year.

One of the most explosive receivers we've seen here is maturing another year, as well as some stud freshmen coming in. Losing Njoku hurts but Herndon is an excellent replacement. This might sound crazy but having less 2-1 and 2-2 sets because of a lack of depth may be able to actually improve this offense.

Finally, It's one more year of experience under a real coaching staff. QB and the depth behind Walton are my only real concerns. If those two positions are competant with this schedule we should role.

Hey, orange and green sunglasses stay on. I'll smile and say 13-1 with a loss to Clemson in the ACCGC. Clemson goes on to the playoffs and Miami beats Michigan in a bowl game.

All good until you got to the Michigan part. They lost ALL of their talent. Likely will be a struggle to get to a good bowl game for Michigan.

Advertisement
Don't understand how people on here feel like this is the year there should be no excuses. LAST YEAR was the year for no excuses. IMO last year's team is a better, deeper, more experience team than this year's. We had great depth at key positions like RB, TE, Safety, DT whereas this year we're dangerously thin at those positions. And oh by the way, we had a QB better than at least 3 of the 4 current QB's on the roster. Combine that with our main coastal opponents being a UNC team with a non-existent defense and a less talented VT team that was breaking in a new, less experienced coach than ours and last season was the year that was inexcusable for not winning the coastal.

This year we're riding on a 160lb freshman QB or a second baseman, and on Walton not only not getting injured but also stepping up his game big time to help out his QB. Those two things alone are too big of a wild card for me to have any sort of high expectation or to conclude that I can't imagine an excuse as to why this season doesn't end in glory.

Given our lollipop schedule though, anything worse than 9-3 would mean our coaching staff came up short.

The defensive front seven should take a big leap. The defensive tackles are going into their third year which is known to be the year they make the biggest jump, plus another year under Kul. Jackson Harris and Thomas with another year experience, and add in Garvin and Johnson...

The big three at linebacker coming in with another year in S&C and experience have a chance to be amazing. With what we've heard about Young, Redwine and Carter I don't think anyones that worried about the D backfield. Add in Dean and Delaney and it could even improve on last year.

The biggest thing is an improved offensive line. Last years team was destined to fail with that ****. With Donaldson, Gauthier, Gaynor and St. Louis emerging and McDermott and Darling moving into their more comfortable positions, we can actually be able to really run the ball and protect the QB this year.

One of the most explosive receivers we've seen here is maturing another year, as well as some stud freshmen coming in. Losing Njoku hurts but Herndon is an excellent replacement. This might sound crazy but having less 2-1 and 2-2 sets because of a lack of depth may be able to actually improve this offense.

Finally, It's one more year of experience under a real coaching staff. QB and the depth behind Walton are my only real concerns. If those two positions are competant with this schedule we should role.

Seeing = Believing

I wanna know what OP thinks.

If he thinks we can do it, then I'm a believer.

You better brace yourself 'cause I'm bringing it around!

8-4. We lose 3 out of 4 to FSU, ND, VT and UNC, and drop another (Pitt, GT, someone) OR we keep the streak alive and lose to FSU, UNC, VT and ND again, and sweep the 8 other terrible teams we face. 5-3 ACC, which will be a tie for 2nd (we lose tiebreaker) and thus a big improvement over last years 3rd.

This is the revenge of reality. Reality has had its revenge for 15 straight seasons, dont know why people are always taken by surprise?

Now what SHOULD happen? 11-1. 11 teams are inferior, and the one is easily beatable.

Some say Fuente would have gone 12-0 or 11-1 with the Canes last year, and they say, if he was head coach this year, you are booking a hotel for the ACC CG, and using your rewards points to book for the NCAA playoffs today.

I'm sorry, but I have been a CMR critic for decades. Always predicted he was fin at UGA every pre season. Much better than Radio or Folden doesnt mean National Championships, or even ACC Championships. It means once in a while, we will win a Coastal, as its the worst division in the World, and CMR has more talent than anyone else. Hopefully, I am wrong. I pray I am wrong. I'm overdue to be wrong. So overdue.

Let me rid myself of this albatross (being right every year) once and for all!

I will appreciate the "Slimey Things" (Miami HC's going back to Fester)!

For:

a spring of love gush'd from my heart, and I bless'd them unaware!!!!

Why is everyone down voting people who say two or three losses? The title of the thread says to guess the record so thats what people r doing. Bunch of girls here i swear

Advertisement
I can understand depth concerns at some places, but if another person mentions TE depth as an issue, I'm going to lose my god**** mind. How many teams play with more than one TE or a TE at all anymore? Why do we need a 3 deep at TE? If Herndon goes down, either use another OL for blocking or turn it into 4 wide. Our season does not ride or die on the TE position. Sorry - I just can't handle that as a reason why we can't win 10 games
Exactly. TE is one of those spots you can work around easily especially with all the WRs on our team.

I wonder what might happen if Herndon misses time.

Irving II has some promise but you really have to wonder if we'd abandon the position altogether.

Realistically, 11-1 regular season if we stay healthy. We could beat FSU though. They aren't that good. I just don't see glaring weaknesses from us. OLine? Not really. DBs? I think that'll be a strength. Defense will be elite. QB? Maybe. But I don't think so. The pieces are there (Wr, Rb, Te) to help whoever wins the job succeed.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

So why do all the wire services have FSU ranked anywhere from #2 to #5 ...

How many dudes do we even have right now that have really proven themselves reliable over the course of a season when it comes to catching?

It's Richards and...

I would say Herndon but my one memory of him last year was catching the ball against Pitt, being two yards away from the first down with no one in front of him, and somehow not getting the first down.

So many question marks when it comes to this offense. Can't wait for the reports from fall practice to start learning more about what we've got.

Advertisement

I wonder what might happen if Herndon misses time.

Irving II has some promise but you really have to wonder if we'd abandon the position altogether.

I think we'd use the position much less if Herndon gets hurt, especially if the pear-shaped Irving II stays in poor physical shape. You can't ask a guy shaped like Parrotnose jerk off material to play too many snaps per game.

I'm still pretty jaded by the middle of last season when CMR looked like a first year play caller. So my heart tells me 11-1 while my mind says CMR play calling will cost us two games that we shouldn't lose. Which will have me pretty heated at the coach.

I was looking at this schedule and it sets up beautifully. I mean between the extra time before and after the GT game, to the only tough one really being at FSU. ND @ home VT @ home. We should handle those teams at our place. And we should expect to. I would accept a 10-2 season, but it better come with an acccg. If those two L's are both ACC and they cost us the division then I will be unhappy. I think the Fuente guy is going to turn out to be a heck of a coach, so putting the hammer on VT is always going to be a priority in this division.

My goodness...lot of optimism in here lol

It's tough to come in make a realistic prediction without seeming like a doomer, but people are setting themselves up for disappointment.

9-3 with a bowl win and no blowout losses is the minimum. 10-2 is a great season. I can't see us going 11-1 with a new QB, but that is the ceiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I don't feel good for once in 10 years. Not gone lie boys. I got major secondary, OL, AND QB QUESTIONS

View attachment 48107

Yeah. Until I see these QBs play live In tempering expectations. You cats can expect what you want to expect best part about opinions. Some of yall feel like we only drop one that's cool. Brad Kaaya and Jacory true freshman years are the ONLY indicator that we've had. None of our QBS since Dorsey have really been like that. So I'm tempering expectations until my canes prove something in the wins and loss columns

Advertisement
Back