11 wins? 10? 9? Coastal Champs? Call it.

Advertisement
I think Perry will ultimately be named the starter (but Rosier and Perry will both play "meaningful" snaps vs Bethune and Arkansas St.). I can see Richt mimicking Alabama's style of offense where they surround their young, inexperienced QB with a stud running back, a solid O-line, and a plethora of Wide Receivers capable of turning regular passes into big gains. Let Walton, Richards and company carry the load while Perry throws when he has to and uses his legs when things break down. Over the course of the season, Richt will loosen the reins and Perry will grow and mature into a QB perfectly suited for the RPO offense. I'll take an early loss to FSU but we run the table afterwards, setting up a rematch in the ACCCG. 12-1 with a potential playoff berth.

And we blow the F^ck out of LSU next season.

I don't feel good for once in 10 years. Not gone lie boys. I got major secondary, OL, AND QB QUESTIONS

OL returns a lot of starts and they looked very good at the end of last year. I am going off of that, though our depth is shaky at best

Secondary I honestly feel like is overblown. We have a very good transfer who has played a lot of snaps, a guy who played a lot of snaps last year in Young and a JC transfer with upside. With the front 7 we have, I'm not sure if teams will be able to pick us apart. JJ is a good safety that can fill in nicely. So we are down one safety spot and honestly JCarter wasn't even that great for us last year outside of volume tackling

QB is an issue. There is no denying that. But while there are huge questions around some of offensive pieces, I truly believe our defense will be top 10 dominant this year. You can win a lot of games with that kind of defense. I'm betting my house on this defense, special teams and making enough plays on offense to win games.

Advertisement
I think 10-2 on the season and hopefully a bowl win if they avoid key injuries. Depth is very light at TE, RB, and even OL/DB to an extent. An injury to someone like Herndon, Walton, or Mcintosh/Norton could be huge. If they stay relatively healthy I think 10 wins maybe better if the QB can manage games. I think 10 wins will be key to keeping this solid recruiting class together and believing they are on the right track...

Advertisement
I love this team's young and talented core, however, I don't think we're gonna seriously contend for a CFP bid yet. Though if enough players decide to forgo the draft and return to the 2018 team, I think the sky is the limit.

Very likely wins

Bethune-Cookman

@Arkansas State

Toledo

Likely wins

@Duke

Syracuse

Virginia

Toss ups

Georgia Tech

@North Carolina

Virginia Tech

Notre Dame

@Pittsburgh

Likely loss

Florida State

As for this year... I think Miami goes 6-0 in the games I've dubbed as "Very likely" or "Likely wins", 3-2 in the "Toss ups", and a probable loss to most likely another exceptional FSU team. Jimbo Fisher is definitely one of the country's best coaches.

Regardless of this prediction, I'm gonna root for this team no matter who they play. Go Canes!

Last edited:
Stephen Morris would lead this 2017 team to 11 wins.

Brad Kaaya would lead this team to 9 regular season wins.

I haven't seen these new cats play QB in a game so I'm not saying we good yet. Plus I watched this OL get mollywhopped last season in one too many games.

I think Perry will ultimately be named the starter (but Rosier and Perry will both play "meaningful" snaps vs Bethune and Arkansas St.). I can see Richt mimicking Alabama's style of offense where they surround their young, inexperienced QB with a stud running back, a solid O-line, and a plethora of Wide Receivers capable of turning regular passes into big gains. Let Walton, Richards and company carry the load while Perry throws when he has to and uses his legs when things break down. Over the course of the season, Richt will loosen the reins and Perry will grow and mature into a QB perfectly suited for the RPO offense. I'll take an early loss to FSU but we run the table afterwards, setting up a rematch in the ACCCG. 12-1 with a potential playoff berth.

And we blow the F^ck out of LSU next season.

Upvote x100

10-2 is the floor

This o line is still the same one that got mauled by fau last season (seriously go watch the first half of that game ). I just can't see these guys holding up vs fsu no matter how godlike this defense plays

We'll drop one we shouldn't and then win the coastal

Advertisement
Rick win 10 with 3 toilet biscuits at QB his final year at UGA. I expect at least that much here. Fck your QB nonsense. Make it work.

Don't understand how people on here feel like this is the year there should be no excuses. LAST YEAR was the year for no excuses. IMO last year's team is a better, deeper, more experience team than this year's. We had great depth at key positions like RB, TE, Safety, DT whereas this year we're dangerously thin at those positions. And oh by the way, we had a QB better than at least 3 of the 4 current QB's on the roster. Combine that with our main coastal opponents being a UNC team with a non-existent defense and a less talented VT team that was breaking in a new, less experienced coach than ours and last season was the year that was inexcusable for not winning the coastal.

This year we're riding on a 160lb freshman QB or a second baseman, and on Walton not only not getting injured but also stepping up his game big time to help out his QB. Those two things alone are too big of a wild card for me to have any sort of high expectation or to conclude that I can't imagine an excuse as to why this season doesn't end in glory.

Given our lollipop schedule though, anything worse than 9-3 would mean our coaching staff came up short.

Advertisement
I can understand depth concerns at some places, but if another person mentions TE depth as an issue, I'm going to lose my god**** mind. How many teams play with more than one TE or a TE at all anymore? Why do we need a 3 deep at TE? If Herndon goes down, either use another OL for blocking or turn it into 4 wide. Our season does not ride or die on the TE position. Sorry - I just can't handle that as a reason why we can't win 10 games

12-0

If Pitt could be beat a Deshaun Watson led Clemson last year, what would seriously be the excuse for why Miami couldn't beat Clemson this year? If Clemson wins the Atlantic I definitely expect us to win them all. But, I believe FSU to be the class of that division.

Apply that same flimsy stab at logic to Pitt. If Pitt could beat NC champion Clemson why can't they beat UM? Bottom line: No one has a clue how all these games will unfold. We could go 11-1 with the one loss to Toledo. Clemson lost to a below average Pitt team and beat FSU, Louisville and Alabaga.

During the season, I'll be sour if we lose to anyone. Going in though, I'm expecting at least 10 and a Coastal title. If the Atlantic champ is the paper champion I think they'll be then there's not reason we shouldn't win the ACC.

Advertisement
Back