11 wins? 10? 9? Coastal Champs? Call it.

The U wins the coastal,ACC championship,National title.The U is invited to join NFL and they live happily ever after.

Advertisement
The U wins the Coastal,ACC championship,National title.The U is invited to join NFL and they live happily ever after.

10 and the Coastal is the absolute floor for any expectation that should be cast on this team, given our schedule.

If we don't win the Coastal this year, there will be MUCH to discuss next offseason.

Time for excuses is over. Everything is laid out for us to make a run this year and solidify this program's reputation on a national level. You do that...and it will make recruiting even easier going forward which is ultimately the most important thing from the continued growth of this program.

I am with you.

10-2 Loses Either VT, FSU, or ND.

ND
-------
I'm still wondering why everyone thinks this game is a given considering we lost to the worst ND team in about 10-15 years. We lost to a **** 4 win team yet everyone is ready to bet their house we'd blown them out or something this year. I just don't get it./
I think the ND match up parallels our games against Washington in 2000 and 2001. We went on the road to Washington and they squeaked one by us, granted they were highly ranked. But the following year they were demolished in the OB. This isnt the 2001 squad but ND should still be kinda ****** and hopefully we will be rolling by then and it will be a defining game for this era of Canes football. I see this year unfolding very similar to 2000. we probably will look overmatched in Doak early and claw pur way back in to make it close maybe even win. From then on we should just get better and better and hopefully have a shot at redemption in the ACCCG and a potential playoff birth.

Last edited:
Advertisement
12-0

If Pitt could be beat a Deshaun Watson led Clemson last year, what would seriously be the excuse for why Miami couldn't beat Clemson this year? If Clemson wins the Atlantic I definitely expect us to win them all. But, I believe FSU to be the class of that division.

Again, this is a 1-game schedule (FSU) and then the ACCCG. I can see us being 13-0 on December 3rd (but I can't accept 2 losses with the current schedule). I don't want AL or OSU to make the playoffs, but if they do I hope we play them both.

I hope I am over estimating the other coastal teams..... We assume they will suck..

The rest of the Coastal looks at our team and sees a freshman QB, bad OL, iffy secondary.

We assume Perry, the OL, the new DBs are going to perform well.

I want us to go undefeated but I always temper my expectations to avoid massive disappointment.

A dose of reality. Even if you are a 6 pt fav in every game , history says you will lose 1 in 4 of those games. Teams like VT,UNC,ND and Pitt come to mind here.

10-2 is a good season

9-3 with some bad luck or injuries or bad QB play.

Advertisement
9 regular and 1 bowl. Our first overall 9+ season in nearly 15 years.

National champs, undefeated.

What the heck, I'm going with you. Mark messed up QB and O playcalling last year but he has new QB that nobody has a book on yet. Our first NC came on the year after we had a QB who was expected to lead us to NC. Instead we won with a freshman the next year. So let's hope Howard and Bernie can channel themselves and we restart the whole thing again. Now let me go back to sleep.

Advertisement
11-1 if we stay healthy maybe 12-0. I think we finally beat Free Shoes U and play Clemson in the Acccg. Our defense will be dominant and if Kosi comes in and take the offence over things could get real ugly for college football. CATERGORY 5 CANES.

10-2, 6-2 in ACC. Lose to FSU at their place and a random game on the way. I think a 10 win season, given the schedule and when we play teams, is important to remember. Outside of FSU, we go 3-1 in our first 4 games before we go to Duke. By the time we host GT on Thursday night, all these "new guys" now have 5 weeks and a bye week, including 3 road games in hand. That sets up nicely for our big ACC stretch of GT, Cuse, at UNC, VT and Notre Dame; that's 4/5 home games. Virginia at home and then finish at Pitt, who we have owned in Pittsburgh. I don't think inexperience will be important when we get to that run starting with GT.

10-2 Loses Either VT, FSU, or ND.

FSU
-------
This is a wait and see type of game. If FSU beat Alabama this game is probably an L because they'll be to confident. Also, IDC how good you think a freshman QB will be.. 1 Month and basically 2 weeks to prepare for the loudest environment we'll play in all season? I like to live in reality and that reality is this is probably lose.

ND
-------
I'm still wondering why everyone thinks this game is a given considering we lost to the worst ND team in about 10-15 years. We lost to a **** 4 win team yet everyone is ready to bet their house we'd blown them out or something this year. I just don't get it.

VT
-------
Bud Foster. Every time we try to build momentum during the season the VT defense somehow turns into Alabama. Considering we were sacked like 8 times last year and VT returns everyone on their front 7 this should be close game. Evans was the difference last year, but they won't have that threat next year at QB. They'll most likely be in the same situation as us w/ only having a career backup or a true freshman has their options at QB.

Fair assessment. ND has a new D-coordinator and will be much improved.

I know we finished strong, but we are forgetting how inept we were on offense at points last season and we are breaking in a new QB. Quite nervous

Advertisement
I say 11-1, and I hate losing! If the QB situation is figured out I can see us rolling the dice, and running the table all the way to the ACC Championship. And winning! This is the year we make a positive statement

11-1/12-0

10-2 is the expectation... that's a very good season and if our QB turns out to be decent I think expectations will be exceeded just because of the defense and the playmakers Miami has will be able to get the QB through some games.

Last edited:
12-0

If Pitt could be beat a Deshaun Watson led Clemson last year, what would seriously be the excuse for why Miami couldn't beat Clemson this year? If Clemson wins the Atlantic I definitely expect us to win them all. But, I believe FSU to be the class of that division.

Again, this is a 1-game schedule (FSU) and then the ACCCG. I can see us being 13-0 on December 3rd (but I can't accept 2 losses with the current schedule). I don't want AL or OSU to make the playoffs, but if they do I hope we play them both.

Terrible comparison. Pitt isn't better than clem, clem just overlooked a pretty good team. Clem would never overlook Miami. It's like fsu last year- they looked like crap but sure as sht got their act together to play us.

That transitive property sht doesn't work in football.

Advertisement
Back