11 wins? 10? 9? Coastal Champs? Call it.

Advertisement
10 and the Coastal is the absolute floor for any expectation that should be cast on this team, given our schedule.

If we don't win the Coastal this year, there will be MUCH to discuss next offseason.

Time for excuses is over. Everything is laid out for us to make a run this year and solidify this program's reputation on a national level. You do that...and it will make recruiting even easier going forward which is ultimately the most important thing from the continued growth of this program.

How can you be a Cane fan and predict FSU to win?? Let along twice lol smh And I mean that for any year.

Advertisement
I hope I am over estimating the other coastal teams..... We assume they will suck..

Advertisement
I expect a team later in our schedule to be better than we think they are right now and lose a close game to them - but still take the Coastal and play either Clemson or Ville...11-1

I think some people are just penciling in automatic wins in a way that ignores reality. National champion Clemson, the team that beat OSU and Alabama back-to-back, lost to Pittsburgh earlier in the year on their home field. They only beat NC State because of a crazy missed FG at the end. A season is long and it's very difficult to keep a team sufficiently motivated and focused every week so that they're not vulnerable to other good teams. We WILL have games when we're not at our best. And FSU? Well look at their recruiting rankings the last 4 years. Of course they have more of a reputation for having unfocused games than just about anyone, but do they ever overlook Miami? If they beat Alabama, then yeah, I'll say they're ready for the ambush.

We are talent favorites in 11 games, imo.

We will lose the game we are supposed to.
We will lose one game that is a reasonable loss.
We will lose one game we shouldn't have.

We will win our bowl game

We will finish 10-3, start 2018 in the pre season playoff conversation.

One more year boys.

I try to be as realistic as possible:

If we beat FSU, legitimately, I can see us going undefeated into the ACCCG. If we lose to FSU, I can see us losing another game, but still winning the Coastal. I'll just leave it like that.

Advertisement
I don't think you can reasonably expect an acc championship or 11 wins given the status of the roster.

Had to shift bodies and depend on newcomers in the d-backfield.

No real good depth anywhere outside of maybe WR, DE and LB.
OL was abysmal last year so is it safe to call it good depth when you don't even know if the starting unit will be above average? We got bodies, but depth???

Most important position on the field is a question mark and all we have on the roster is mediocre and/or new.

Last year was the year to beat FSU and to win 10+ games...since we didn't, I'm just not expecting that this year.

Really hope I'm wrong though. Quite frankly...I'll be good with 1-11 so long as the 1 is in Tallahassee

10-2 Loses Either VT, FSU, or ND.

FSU
-------
This is a wait and see type of game. If FSU beat Alabama this game is probably an L because they'll be to confident. Also, IDC how good you think a freshman QB will be.. 1 Month and basically 2 weeks to prepare for the loudest environment we'll play in all season? I like to live in reality and that reality is this is probably lose.

ND
-------
I'm still wondering why everyone thinks this game is a given considering we lost to the worst ND team in about 10-15 years. We lost to a **** 4 win team yet everyone is ready to bet their house we'd blown them out or something this year. I just don't get it.

VT
-------
Bud Foster. Every time we try to build momentum during the season the VT defense somehow turns into Alabama. Considering we were sacked like 8 times last year and VT returns everyone on their front 7 this should be close game. Evans was the difference last year, but they won't have that threat next year at QB. They'll most likely be in the same situation as us w/ only having a career backup or a true freshman has their options at QB.

Advertisement
11 - 1. We will slip up somewhere. This season reminds me of 2000 when we were right there but the team wasn't quite ready yet.

There is no way to compare 2000 to this team. You could make the argument that the 2000 team was the most talented ever even better than the 2001 squad. You Santana Moss and Reggie Wayne at the wideouts and Dan Morgan/Ed Reed/Al Blades leading the D. Plus James Jackson who was a monster at rb.

The QB question is the glaring problem and weakness here. If there is no one to challenge Perry for the starting role big trouble brewing. OLine is still a ? as well.

9 to 10 wins is possible but need to play out of our minds on D and we can (have the talent in the front 7 to do so).

As Rick said a few months ago you get some of the underclassmen to stay for 2018 I think Miami may the odds on choice to win it all..

Last year at this time within a thread like this I said my heart says 10 wins and my head says 9 wins.

This season I am upping the ante a bit to my heart saying 11 wins, head saying 10 wins.

Advertisement
Back