11 wins? 10? 9? Coastal Champs? Call it.

Advertisement
12-0

If Pitt could be beat a Deshaun Watson led Clemson last year, what would seriously be the excuse for why Miami couldn't beat Clemson this year? If Clemson wins the Atlantic I definitely expect us to win them all. But, I believe FSU to be the class of that division.

Apply that same flimsy stab at logic to Pitt. If Pitt could beat NC champion Clemson why can't they beat UM? Bottom line: No one has a clue how all these games will unfold. We could go 11-1 with the one loss to Toledo. Clemson lost to a below average Pitt team and beat FSU, Louisville and Alabaga.

During the season, I'll be sour if we lose to anyone. Going in though, I'm expecting at least 10 and a Coastal title. If the Atlantic champ is the paper champion I think they'll be then there's not reason we shouldn't win the ACC.

You raise and interesting point here - Sour if/when we lose during the season.

IMO, it's HOW we lose, and to whom. Remember how good that 4 game win streak to end last season felt? Remember how bad it stung under Golden to fold every November?

Obviously everyone will be upset when we lose, but the bigger picture is how we finish the season. For recruiting, momentum, etc.

I think we all should be cautiously optimistic. We will all know a lot more after we read the practice reports over the next month. But to predict 12-0, 11-1 without seeing what happens in the QB/cb/OL battles...IMO this is foolish.

I'm curious to see who the leaders of this team end up being. I'd guess shaq, jaquan ... who on the offensive side? We need to be tough and gritty to grind out a full season.

I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if we go 11-1, but to predict that now is blind optimism. ACCCG is the real (-istic) goal, and it must be met.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10-2, I believe we go undefeated at home and lose to fsu and UNC.

Can't see a loss to UNC this season, even if the game is at Criminal Hll. They lost so much on offense (QB, 3 WRs, 2 RBs), and their D Coordinator left. UNC will be lucky to go 6-6 this next season. They haven't stacked the cupboard recruiting wise.

I don't feel good for once in 10 years. Not gone lie boys. I got major secondary, OL, AND QB QUESTIONS

Oline and QB are justified "at this point", but secondary? We have the most talented secondary in the last 6 years this season. Sure, we have youth, but the grad transfer and JUCO additions are huge! Instantly turned that group from a liability to a strength.

Advertisement
Vt, unc, lost their starting QB's, and key starters. I have a tough time thinking that they're better than us, this year... we're breaking in a QB also, but 1 has some type of game experience, and the other is fresh out of HS. I trust Richt decision with the starting QB. Pittsburgh, will be Pittsburgh, I don't see much from them on offense, you need to score points and that will be a problem for them with the Canes defense.

If it's a team who scores a lot of points you're scared of, Syracuse would be it.... and the Canes D will suffocate them. 11 Wins?

worst case scenario .... I'm just optimistic as ****. We are due!

It's only one team on our schedule that has comparable talent and that's FSU. I think we lose the first matchup and take the 2nd one in the ACCCG. 12-1 lose in the playoffs

Probably going 10-2 and dropping the FSU game unfortunately

But if we go 12-0, I'm soiling all of my undaroos simultaneously and will be on the market for a mass order of kmart tighty whities if anyone knows someone

Probably going 10-2 and dropping the FSU game unfortunately

But if we go 12-0, I'm soiling all of my undaroos simultaneously and will be on the market for a mass order of kmart tighty whities if anyone knows someone

My man just gets IT

Advertisement
12-1

go 11-1 in regular season with week 3 loss to FSU, but we get redemption vs them in the ACC championship game

I'm still pretty jaded by the middle of last season when CMR looked like a first year play caller. So my heart tells me 11-1 while my mind says CMR play calling will cost us two games that we shouldn't lose. Which will have me pretty heated at the coach.

I was looking at this schedule and it sets up beautifully. I mean between the extra time before and after the GT game, to the only tough one really being at FSU. ND @ home VT @ home. We should handle those teams at our place. And we should expect to. I would accept a 10-2 season, but it better come with an acccg. If those two L's are both ACC and they cost us the division then I will be unhappy. I think the Fuente guy is going to turn out to be a heck of a coach, so putting the hammer on VT is always going to be a priority in this division.

I like the way you talk. The UNC, VT and ND losses showed us that Fuente, Fedora and even Kelly outcoach CMR, and CMR is a "Force Subtractor" as Guderian would say. We need way more talent to compete with the sorry *** Coastal powers.

We have fewer holes to fill than any other team on our schedule except for FSU.
We match up favorably to every team on our schedule (again, except FSU).
We have more "talent" than any other team on our schedule (again, except for FSU).

Mark Richt isn't being paid $2million more than Golden to win/lose the same games Golden would have won/lost in the same way. If he's better than Golden than he wins the games he's supposed to. And that's every game on our schedule (again, except FSU).

FSU is a rivalry game so anything can happen; we can win.

12-0, ACCCG Champs, playoffs

Advertisement
I'm still pretty jaded by the middle of last season when CMR looked like a first year play caller. So my heart tells me 11-1 while my mind says CMR play calling will cost us two games that we shouldn't lose. Which will have me pretty heated at the coach.

I was looking at this schedule and it sets up beautifully. I mean between the extra time before and after the GT game, to the only tough one really being at FSU. ND @ home VT @ home. We should handle those teams at our place. And we should expect to. I would accept a 10-2 season, but it better come with an acccg. If those two L's are both ACC and they cost us the division then I will be unhappy. I think the Fuente guy is going to turn out to be a heck of a coach, so putting the hammer on VT is always going to be a priority in this division.

I like the way you talk. The UNC, VT and ND losses showed us that Fuente, Fedora and even Kelly outcoach CMR, and CMR is a "Force Subtractor" as Guderian would say. We need way more talent to compete with the sorry *** Coastal powers.

It's really not that I do not like Richt. I'm truly impressed he was able to begin to adapt, albeit a bit late, but he did change it up and pull the team from the crapper. I just want to see that continue. I definitely agree with the parter that said the ACCCG should be included in any record. I want to play in that game, Miami should always be in that game. I think this team with that schedule can/should get there. To me, it CMR the OC that has the most to prove.
The only way I'd accept it is if it's Nkosi starting and he screws us in a couple big situations. That's kind of something you can expect from a true freshman. But even that will be tough for me to take given the other QBs on the roster. If you start him he better have what it takes to lead us there.

It's really not that I do not like Richt. I'm truly impressed he was able to begin to adapt, albeit a bit late, but he did change it up and pull the team from the crapper. I just want to see that continue. I definitely agree with the parter that said the ACCCG should be included in any record. I want to play in that game, Miami should always be in that game. I think this team with that schedule can/should get there. To me, it CMR the OC that has the most to prove.
The only way I'd accept it is if it's Nkosi starting and he screws us in a couple big situations. That's kind of something you can expect from a true freshman. But even that will be tough for me to take given the other QBs on the roster. If you start him he better have what it takes to lead us there.

He pulled the team from the crapper because he finished with 4 bad teams, and the most over rated Bowl opponent in history. Anyone can win once they are out of Coastal contention, and playing Duke, NCSU, etc. Well, not anyone. Folden and Radio can't.

If not for our D, WVU is up 21+ -0 at half. Offense started the same way they did when facing average teams, they went 3 and out. Wasn't till WVU quit on their coach (props to our D) that we suddenly moved the ball.

Hoping Perry is a QB, and CMR was cursed by Kaaya last year.

Advertisement
9-3 and win the bowl game for a 10 win season...Just too many variables (say AR-15 or other impact player is lost for the season out of camp (please Lord, NO), QB situation muddled by inconsistent play, Richt's RPO play calling gaffe's, OL shakiness, missed FG or PAT, defensive lapse at the end of a game...

Advertisement
Back