10th on field coach

Enough talk of the former stars coming back to coach. In 5 years kids won't even know who Ed Reed is. Get a proven coach. Right now we still have a very green staff. Brown who might be the most over paid RB coach in the country. Little Richt who does what exactly? Hartley who has been abysmal as a STC. I'm not going to give him credit for Njoku or Herndon- those guys are freaks. Banda? Time will tell. Rumph has been solid coaching them up. I've been critical of him at time, but our corners have been performing and he has had zero depth for 2 seasons.

Defense I'm not worried as much because Kool and Manny have the experience. Offensively we have CMR who has the knowledge and no one else to bounce ideas off of. We need another proven guy on offense.

Advertisement
Richt needs a Wartime Consigliere at OC.

Saban’s team has one. Richt isn’t going to the Promised Land calling his own game.

The really good OC's have a "feel" for what's going on - and their intuitions are what makes them great Offensive Coordinators.

Richt had the feel and intuition for play calling at FSU. He was good. Back then.

But I've not seen the first indication as of yet here at UM. It's more mechanical, unintuitive, and repetitive.

I would like another offensive mind with Richt in the film room.

If not that, then an elite recruiter.

Advertisement
Hire surtain daddy for special teams and help dbs than clean up on the rest of the south Fl recruits

We probably need a ST coach more than anything kickoffs are horrendous. We have the talent and speed to put fear into people but right now teams are better off kicking it short and making us return

Enough talk of the former stars coming back to coach. In 5 years kids won't even know who Ed Reed is. Get a proven coach. Right now we still have a very green staff. Brown who might be the most over paid RB coach in the country. Little Richt who does what exactly? Hartley who has been abysmal as a STC. I'm not going to give him credit for Njoku or Herndon- those guys are freaks. Banda? Time will tell. Rumph has been solid coaching them up. I've been critical of him at time, but our corners have been performing and he has had zero depth for 2 seasons.

Defense I'm not worried as much because Kool and Manny have the experience. Offensively we have CMR who has the knowledge and no one else to bounce ideas off of. We need another proven guy on offense.

Sean Taylor died 10 years ago and my 6 year old cousin from Georgia knows who he is. Just saying

Advertisement
Randy Shannon for Lb coach/ Recruiting coordinator lol But seriously I think we should bring in a lb coach.

No way in **** do we get an OC . Richt ain't giving up playcalling, that was his demand when accepting the job

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I think an OC would help tremendously, I like Sterlin Gilbert from USF but Richt is never going to let go of playcalling.

I would keep Hartley as the full time TE's coach & bring in a ST's Coach whose an additional top flight recruiter.

We already recruit at a High level, but adding another Crootin Capo to the Family would only make things perfect.

If it's going to be a Special Teams Coach, you can pretty much add just about anybody, some names I would look at:
Blue Adams, Willie Martinez (Former Cane who coached with Richt for nearly a decade at UGA), or see if Ed Reed, Ken Dorsey or any other alumni with experience would be interested.

Would also kick the tires on Bryan McClendon strictly for recruiting purposes.

Dude, love Blue! He was actually in my SAT prep class!

We are not getting an OC.

I can't encourage people enough to follow [MENTION=5374]HurricaneVision[/MENTION] on the Twitter or carefully read his breakdowns here.

I am not going to get into the debate about OC, no OC because you dogs won't let go of that bone, ever.

Identifying Talent is more important than recruiting ability for the 10th coach. We got coaches that can recruit. Its much more important to be recruiting the Correct guys.

Advertisement
Seems the two most likely additions will be either a dedicated special teams coach. That would allow Harley to focus solely on TEs.

Or maybe a LB coach to lighten Diaz's load.

You all need to get OC out of your head.

Seems the two most likely additions will be either a dedicated special teams coach. That would allow Harley to focus solely on TEs.

Or maybe a LB coach to lighten Diaz's load.

You all need to get OC out of your head.

LOL.
Good luck with that.
Potentially good thread wasted too.

One of the main reasons Richt came here is because he wanted to call plays again. I do not think he is going to let go of those duties easily.

At least not until he has had 4 recruiting classes of his own players.

Let's assume that he refuses to let this go. Does that mean Richt shouldn't bring in a competent coach who can help him in this department?

As I previously stated... I actually think Richt can be much better if he fixed some obvious things and got some help. I don't think there is anything wrong with getting help; some of the best coaches (Saban) get help. Saban actually is a great defensive coach but he still goes out and gets great coaches to help him call plays and make decisions (especially personnel).

I don't see why someone needs 4 recruiting classes to see their flaws either.

No he doesnt. Well not on the defensive side..hes a micromanager as a coach.

Advertisement
Back