10th on field coach

idk how much he'd be interested but if i could have anyone i wanted id want Ray Lewis hired as our LB coach, hes a miami and nfl legend, one of the best linebackers of all time, and hes an instantly recognizable face that would help in recruiting, also hes one of the best motivators of all time.

Easily, recognizable faces don't win recruiting battles.
Lots of hard work involved.
I swear, I think some of our fans think one of our former UM greats can walk into any recruit's living room and there
will be an intense white light radiating in the living room, a halo on the UM great and moma will be pulling her panties off.

so your telling me you think that Ray Lewis wouldnt be a good recruiter?

Have you seen Ray Lewis lately? He's lost his ******* mind.

Advertisement
One of the main reasons Richt came here is because he wanted to call plays again. I do not think he is going to let go of those duties easily.

At least not until he has had 4 recruiting classes of his own players.

Disagree. I think there is only one choice here. Ed Reed. Will be unstoppable on the trail and will get the team hype to play

What makes you think Reed would come to Miami? And what exactly would his role be? We already have full-time cornerbacks and safeties coaches in Banda and Rumph. We need an OC or a full-time special teams coach.

Part of Reed story and comments after Paradise

"In January, Reed wasn’t retained by new Bills coach Sean McDermott. He spent one year in Buffalo, his first coaching opportunity, under Rex Ryan, who was fired in December. Ryan, his former defensive coordinator with the Baltimore Ravens, predicted Reed would be a head coach one day.

After Al Golden’s dismissal in 2015, Reed was a popular choice among fans to return to Coral Gables as a coach. Does he have aspirations of coaching at Miami?

“Yeah, I definitely do,” he said. “You will see me here, you’ll hear about it, I guarantee it. If coach wants me, needs me to come here and help, I’m going to come here and watch film with the guys, talk to them. I’ve got a couple recruits here I would love to work with if they came here. That’s on them, that’s going to be on coach. I definitely will be back here helping out in some form or fashion.”

I said it in the gameday thread. Bring Hellfrich here with a Senior QB, Richards, Thomas, Pope and a stable full of backs and the offense would be unstoppable. Just not enough creativity on offense and the RZ TD% and 3rd% show that.

Advertisement
One of the main reasons Richt came here is because he wanted to call plays again. I do not think he is going to let go of those duties easily.

At least not until he has had 4 recruiting classes of his own players.

Let's assume that he refuses to let this go. Does that mean Richt shouldn't bring in a competent coach who can help him in this department?

As I previously stated... I actually think Richt can be much better if he fixed some obvious things and got some help. I don't think there is anything wrong with getting help; some of the best coaches (Saban) get help. Saban actually is a great defensive coach but he still goes out and gets great coaches to help him call plays and make decisions (especially personnel).

I don't see why someone needs 4 recruiting classes to see their flaws either.

He may consult with other coaches for help as most coaches do in an off season. But actually going out there and spending athletic department money for help? That is another discussion. I don't see it happening any time soon. But I have been wrong before.

He may consult with other coaches for help as most coaches do in an off season. But actually going out there and spending athletic department money for help? That is another discussion. I don't see it happening any time soon. But I have been wrong before.

So now it is a money thing? Ridiculous and untrue.

Money is a part of reality. It is not just now but always a part of the reality.

Advertisement
RICHT IS NOT GIVING UP PLAYCALLING DUTIES. LET IT GOOOO

10th coach will be a local coach with tremendous clout to help with recruiting

I get a kick out of the folks who say our woes are execution based. It's been almost 2 seasons and we haven't executed one time. That's coaching. Mark has to know what he is doing just isn't working.

Advertisement

Money is a part of reality. It is not just now but always a part of the reality.

We have the money. He needs help.

RICHT IS NOT GIVING UP PLAYCALLING DUTIES. LET IT GOOOO

10th coach will be a local coach with tremendous clout to help with recruiting

How about getting some help? You know, some coach that actually knows/has experience coaching an offense, so he can get a quality second opinion.

We have the money. He needs help.

I trust his judgment on the matter. And help can come in different forms.
I just don't believe it will be in the form of an OC any time soon.

Advertisement
I think he will talk to people in the off season as most coaches do. How much consultation and advice he will try and get or reach out for I have no idea.

Advertisement
Back