10th on field coach

Advertisement
Some think it is an issue. Others don't.
Winning is the best deodorant they say.

Best "deodorant"?

You can win and there are issues. Saban wins all the time, he makes changes. He upgrades, he fixes issues. He gets help because he isn't perfect and needs help. He wants to limit risks/issues.

Yes, we're winning. We were winning in 2013 too, started 7-0 then. We scrapped by some games and barely got to 7-0. Then we played teams with a pulse and it was real. I am not saying Richt is anything like ALbortion. Nobody thinks that way as Richt would rape ALbortion. The point is we were winning then and there were obvious issues. So winning may be the best deodorant, it doesn't mean there aren't issues.

Unless there is a shakeup on the current staff, I can only envision 3 scenarios:

1. ST coach
2. LB coach to lighten load on Diaz
3. OC to call plays

3. is the least likely IMO because when Richt took the job he claimed the freedom of calling plays was a big draw.

Then I see #2 being more realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best "deodorant"?

You can win and there are issues. Saban wins all the time, he makes changes. He upgrades, he fixes issues. He gets help because he isn't perfect and needs help. He wants to limit risks/issues.

Yes, we're winning. We were winning in 2013 too, started 7-0 then. We scrapped by some games and barely got to 7-0. Then we played teams with a pulse and it was real. I am not saying Richt is anything like ALbortion. Nobody thinks that way as Richt would rape ALbortion. The point is we were winning then and there were obvious issues. So winning may be the best deodorant, it doesn't mean there aren't issues.
No one is denying issues in general. It is how Richt approaches the issues that there are fundamental differences. And as long as we win and are improving (Which is another difference to the Golden years) then it is not as glaring of an issue as some portray.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Best "deodorant"?

No one is denying issues. It is how Richt approaches the issues there are fundamental differences. And as long as we win and are improving (Which is another difference to the Golden years) then it is not as glaring of an issue as some portray.

You just said "Some think it is an issue. Others don't." Are you reading your posts?

Best "deodorant"?

No one is denying issues. It is how Richt approaches the issues there are fundamental differences. And as long as we win and are improving (Which is another difference to the Golden years) then it is not as glaring of an issue as some portray.

You just said "Some think it is an issue. Others don't." Are you reading your posts?

I modified my post to explain what I am trying to say.
There are issues in general. No one can deny that. But that can be found on any campus. The point is hiring a coach to help him out is not likely.

Best "deodorant"?

I modified my post to explain what I am trying to say.
There are issues in general. No one can deny that. But that can be found on any campus. The point is hiring a coach to help him out is not likely.

So other places have issues so it is okay. We're not making changes, got it.

The issue you specifically point out is being taken care of. You may not believe it is being taken care of in positive way (Hiring a coach is your only solution) but it is being approached in a different way.
That is reality you need to realize.

Advertisement
Disagree. I think there is only one choice here. Ed Reed. Will be unstoppable on the trail and will get the team hype to play

What makes you think Reed would come to Miami? And what exactly would his role be? We already have full-time cornerbacks and safeties coaches in Banda and Rumph. We need an OC or a full-time special teams coach.
Well Ed was one of the best S/T players ever.

idk how much he'd be interested but if i could have anyone i wanted id want Ray Lewis hired as our LB coach, hes a miami and nfl legend, one of the best linebackers of all time, and hes an instantly recognizable face that would help in recruiting, also hes one of the best motivators of all time.

Easily, recognizable faces don't win recruiting battles.
Lots of hard work involved.
I swear, I think some of our fans think one of our former UM greats can walk into any recruit's living room and there
will be an intense white light radiating in the living room, a halo on the UM great and moma will be pulling her panties off.

so your telling me you think that Ray Lewis wouldnt be a good recruiter?

I have no idea what kind of recruiter he would be.
Lewis is a multi-millionaire who doesn't have to do any hard work for the rest of
his life if he so chooses.
The job of a college football coach requires a considerable amount of hours of coaching,
recruiting, and so on....and it requires adult males to go around the country, courting and
**** kissing teenagers.
That's not a job for everyone, especially for people who don't need to put up with that
nonsense.
A school like UM should be hiring proven coaches and recruiters.
Former players would be cool if they're willing to put in the work, but they need to learn
the trade elsewhere before coming to their alma-mater.

I think people project how they (a fan) would react to a UM legend recruiting them as opposed to the reality of how a high school recruit would react. They also don't consider that it's a completely different skill set. Ray was one of the best LB of all time...doesn't mean he would be a good coach let alone recruiter. Coaching is teaching and recruiting is selling. Being a great LB doesn't mean you are a a great teacher. Being a great LB doesn't mean you are a great at selling.

Advertisement
I suspect Thomas Brown will start being interviewed for FCS HC openings in the next year or two. He'd be perfect for a HBCU that recruits Georgia/Florida, which is all of them. That will open the offensive coaching staff wide open. I'm going to laugh my @ss off at the boards reaction if this happens and we end up with Jon Richt, Passing Game Coordinator.

Just a thought, but Jedd Fisch might be out of work at the end of this season, and he took less than full OC for Harbaugh.

A large part of Richt being here was calling plays again. Don’t think it changes. He can improve on it though for sure. I have faith he can improve on it and add some needed wrinkles. Coach Richt has done so much to get this thing turned around I want his play calling to succeed first and foremost. He seems to enjoy that part of the game so much. I want him here having fun and success for a long time. I do agree he has got to do better with play calling.

The issue you specifically point out is being taken care of. You may not believe it is being taken care of in positive way (Hiring a coach is your only solution) but it is being approached in a different way.
That is reality you need to realize.

I guess the results are just staying the same. Got it.

That is a solution, not the only solution.

Advertisement
Richt needs a Wartime Consigliere at OC.

Saban’s team has one. Richt isn’t going to the Promised Land calling his own game.

Advertisement
Back