10th Assistant Coach Approved: What's our move?

Advertisement
I agree with bringing in Ed Reed to coach safeties ( recruit Louisiana area) and move coach Banda to LBs..let Diaz just focus on running the D...

Has anyone thought of the fallout at other schools when that co- director of planned social game day events actually steps in the HC office and says, "Hey coach, remember when you told me that if there was only 1 more position spot available I'm your guy?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Or we can hire Patrick Surtain and have him assist Rumph and Banda

Has anyone thought of the fallout at other schools when that co- director of planned social game day events actually steps in the HC office and says, "Hey coach, remember when you told me that if there was only 1 more position spot available I'm your guy?"

[TWEET]853039472652496896[/TWEET]

I mentioned he could be a quality addition. He has said something about him being interested in coaching. I think his degree is in teaching.

But yeah Getting Ed Reed, then moving Banda to LB sound like a legit as **** scenario. Or some other db coach like Antrel Rolle would be pretty cool too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He should bring Mario back from Oregon.

Let him be ST or TE coach opposite Hartley and throw in ***. HC title on the offensive side of the ball. He can handle the media and administrative tasks that take Richt away from coaching, while beefing up his resume for future opportunities..

This is beyond dumb. First why would he go backwards in promotion and HC title on offensive side of ball? ******* LAFF out loud.

Demote Brown to RBs coach which is where he belongs, take his salary down to 250k or something appropriate.

Take the savings from his reduced salary to help pay for a real OC.

Even though he would give up playcalling, Richt can still be defacto QB coach since another one of his nepotistic hires is the the QB coach in name only.

Of all his questionable hires, Brown as the OC is the most egregious.

Seems like solid long term thinking...
Sure we **** off and push out the position coach of two of the highest rated and important recruits at one of our thinnest positions but...who needs them anyway.

Advertisement
Is there one interview or quote EVER indicating Ed Reed has said he wants to coach? People throw his name out for all the obvious reasons along with Ray but.....

Demote Brown to RBs coach which is where he belongs, take his salary down to 250k or something appropriate.

Take the savings from his reduced salary to help pay for a real OC.

Even though he would give up playcalling, Richt can still be defacto QB coach since another one of his nepotistic hires is the the QB coach in name only.

Of all his questionable hires, Brown as the OC is the most egregious.

nice try Al. How's Detroit?
(btw please don't draft Njoku)

Advertisement

[TWEET]853039472652496896[/TWEET]

I mentioned he could be a quality addition. He has said something about him being interested in coaching. I think his degree is in teaching.

But yeah Getting Ed Reed, then moving Banda to LB sound like a legit as **** scenario. Or some other db coach like Antrel Rolle would be pretty cool too.

Either one would be fuçking awesome. Imagine having a hall of fame like ed reed walk up to your doorstep saying I watched your highlights and I could teach you to become a first round pick if you work hard and focus. I would commit on the spot if I was a safety!

10 assistant coaches, great we only have 87 more to catch up to Alabama!
17904247_1522543174423885_2802538987699220974_n.jpg

If we're floating names like Ed Reed then I'm throwing Vilma's name out there. I personally think he is beyond good at TV but let's see what happens with eSECpn and their imminent layoffs.

Is there one interview or quote EVER indicating Ed Reed has said he wants to coach? People throw his name out for all the obvious reasons along with Ray but.....

Not trying to be a smart ***, but the fact that Ed has already coached one year in the NFL (safeties coach for the Bills) and openly advocated for our HC position before UM eventually hired Richt leads me to believe that he might have some interest in continuing some type of career in coaching

Advertisement
Back