10th Assistant Coach Approved: What's our move?

I would go with Ed Reed as safeties coach or Jon Beason as LB coach. The good thing with Beason is that none of the other coaches would be required to to move from their current positions and Diaz would have one less burden to distract him away from his concentration on the defense as a whole.

Advertisement
I agree with op %100 ... The D is in good hands ... If you get the offence on that level and we're winning multiple National Titles ... And that **** recruits itself

I would go with Ed Reed as safeties coach or Jon Beason as LB coach. The good thing with Beason is that none of the other coaches would be required to to move from their current positions and Diaz would have one less burden to distract him away from his concentration on the defense as a whole.

Beason's got Dyme Lyfe.
Vilma would make more sense and I mentioned him as a good option in my first post.

Advertisement
Is there one interview or quote EVER indicating Ed Reed has said he wants to coach? People throw his name out for all the obvious reasons along with Ray but.....

Not trying to be a smart ***, but the fact that Ed has already coached one year in the NFL (safeties coach for the Bills) and openly advocated for our HC position before UM eventually hired Richt leads me to believe that he might have some interest in continuing some type of career in coaching
My bad I had no idea he coached in the NFL this year. Google is my long lost friend.

Beason's got Dyme Lyfe.
Vilma would make more sense and I mentioned him as a good option in my first post.
*DJ Williams owns & created Dyme Lyfe clothing line.

He should bring Mario back from Oregon.

Let him be ST or TE coach opposite Hartley and throw in ***. HC title on the offensive side of the ball. He can handle the media and administrative tasks that take Richt away from coaching, while beefing up his resume for future opportunities..

This is beyond dumb. First why would he go backwards in promotion and HC title on offensive side of ball? ****ing LAFF out loud.

Well.. because he did it already. He was TE & ***. HC here under Golden before leaving to Bama for a position coach job; isn't that correct?

Add to that Miami is a better program than Oregon with a better coaching staff, recruiting base, tradition, and chance to make the playoffs.

And he's a Cane. No matter how many CIS butt-hurts lash out because he made an adult decision you didn't agree with.

Not to mention, the list here, which I admit has head-scratchers, seems to mention him as well.
Who Could Be Miami's 10th Assistant Coach? Some Names To Consider

So, "beyond dumb"?

proxy.php

Last edited:
Advertisement

Beason's got Dyme Lyfe.
*DJ Williams owns & created Dyme Lyfe clothing line.

yup thanks for the correction.
Either way Vilma seems more involved out of the 3.
Is he still working on espn or wherever he's working?

Let's get a top notch special teams coach. With Jeff and them boys we got now we should be get back to being able to score TDs on special teams.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Let him be ST or TE coach opposite Hartley and throw in ***. HC title on the offensive side of the ball. He can handle the media and administrative tasks that take Richt away from coaching, while beefing up his resume for future opportunities..

This is beyond dumb. First why would he go backwards in promotion and HC title on offensive side of ball? ****ing LAFF out loud.

Well.. because he did it already. He was TE & ***. HC here under Golden before leaving to Bama for a position coach job; isn't that correct?

Add to that Miami is a better program than Oregon with a better coaching staff, recruiting base, tradition, and chance to make the playoffs.

And he's a Cane. No matter how many CIS butt-hurts lash out because he made an adult decision you didn't agree with.

Not to mention, the list here, which I admit has head-scratchers, seems to mention him as well.

So, "beyond dumb"?

proxy.php
Hey Mario, you **** all over your Alma mater when they were down. There's no room for you on this bandwagon. Go **** yourself.

Offensive Coordinator?

I'm thinking something like "passing game coordinator."

That's Dugans title. Doubt they will ruffle those feathers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it? I thought he was just WR coach?

Edit: Looked it up and you're right. So....maybe dedicated TE coach and let Hartley continue as just ST coordinator? Somebody who's coached TEs before but is a badass recruiter that knows South Florida well and could.....wait....Mother of God......

Did you watch the video that just came out of Hartley coaching the TE's? I had my doubts about him before but he seems like he belongs. Put Jon Richt on ST Coaching and hire a well known QB coach who can recruit imo. There's nothing more important than the QB position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1WKBRipCwA

Someone to recruit QBs? Think that is the least of our problems, Weldon, Perry, Sitskowiski, what is Jon Richt doing wrong there?

Advertisement
I'm thinking something like "passing game coordinator."

That's Dugans title. Doubt they will ruffle those feathers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it? I thought he was just WR coach?

Edit: Looked it up and you're right. So....maybe dedicated TE coach and let Hartley continue as just ST coordinator? Somebody who's coached TEs before but is a badass recruiter that knows South Florida well and could.....wait....Mother of God......

Did you watch the video that just came out of Hartley coaching the TE's? I had my doubts about him before but he seems like he belongs. Put Jon Richt on ST Coaching and hire a well known QB coach who can recruit imo. There's nothing more important than the QB position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1WKBRipCwA

Someone to recruit QBs? Think that is the least of our problems, Weldon, Perry, Sitskowiski, what is Jon Richt doing wrong there?

I'm not saying he's doing a bad job of recruiting QB's at all. I'm just saying he's not an established QB Guru like George Whitfield, Steve Clarkson etc. Those are the kind of guys kids will line up to play for and literally pay to be coached by them. No knock on Jon Richt he's a young guy with a good future ahead of him i'm just saying these guys are established. As far as maximum impact QB Guru or OC is best for the 10th coaching position. ST coaches are generally the least experienced or "elite recruiters" who are given a coaching title so they can use all available resources on the recruiting trail.

So, "beyond dumb"?

proxy.php
Hey Mario, you **** all over your Alma mater when they were down. There's no room for you on this bandwagon. Go **** yourself.

You love me.

I don't know if bethel can handle the move - he seems to be putting on decent weight. Stop comparing him to McIntosh - they are totally different body types. Even as a RSFR, you can see how large McIntosh was. The guy has an enormously broad frame - bethel does not.

Perhaps a young up-and-coming DL or LB coach to assist Kool and Diaz.

Someone with recruiting experience in our key areas.

Hartley is the only guy coaching 2 units. Makes most sense to split TE and STs to let him focus and do more recruiting.

I was thinking long term, if and when Diaz gets a HC offer he takes. Promote Kool to DC, and have the DL coach Kool groomed. Keep a strength a strength.

Advertisement
Back