10th Assistant Coach Approved: What's our move?

He should bring Mario back from Oregon.

Let him be ST or TE coach opposite Hartley and throw in ***. HC title on the offensive side of the ball. He can handle the media and administrative tasks that take Richt away from coaching, while beefing up his resume for future opportunities..

**** THAT. **** HIM.

Advertisement

Let him be ST or TE coach opposite Hartley and throw in ***. HC title on the offensive side of the ball. He can handle the media and administrative tasks that take Richt away from coaching, while beefing up his resume for future opportunities..

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/51e077f069beddc355000005/tv-station-makes-excruciating-error-reads-4-wrong-names-of-asiana-crash-pilots-including-sum-ting-wong-and-ho-lee-***.jpg

No. We don't want that bum here anymore

Demote Brown to RBs coach which is where he belongs, take his salary down to 250k or something appropriate.

Take the savings from his reduced salary to help pay for a real OC.

Even though he would give up playcalling, Richt can still be defacto QB coach since another one of his nepotistic hires is the the QB coach in name only.

Of all his questionable hires, Brown as the OC is the most egregious.

Advertisement
I don't have a name but get me a good-elite recruiter... u can never have enough elite recruiters. just make him Special teams coach.

**** THAT. **** HIM.

lot a butt-hurts around here.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Advertisement
Perhaps a young up-and-coming DL or LB coach to assist Kool and Diaz.

Someone with recruiting experience in our key areas.

Bring back Al Golden to coach/recruit TE's...He will also be able to help us pull NY/NJ area

My **** is prepared.

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/51e077f069beddc355000005/tv-station-makes-excruciating-error-reads-4-wrong-names-of-asiana-crash-pilots-including-sum-ting-wong-and-ho-lee-***.jpg

proxy.php

Advertisement
They also passed a Hard Cap on class size being 25. And that starts in August.
So no more oversigning is allowed. Have no idea if that includes EE's being counted as the previous class or not. But if it does, that would be pretty big.
And December signing period is going to be passed which is good. We'll likely be able to sign about half a class every year early which will allow us to solely focus on the others.

as for the 10th coach I'd be surprised if we got anyone to help at QB, RB, WR, or DB.
But any other position would make sense. Also, I doubt we'd be willing to pay too much money.
But If its a TE coach, Hartley would be primarily a ST coach and recruiter, though I think they're going to keep him at TE's. If we get a ST coach it'll probably be a young guy that could be a good recruiter. IF we get a LB coach it'll just be to help out Diaz since he's also DC. The idea of developing a guy to coach behind Kul is interesting, but I doubt it happens.

I really think getting a former Cane is best. Someone who will be committed to being our coach for the longhaul and not just leave when he gets a promotion offer. That way we can sort of develop him as a coach/recruiter.
Former Canes that would be cool to have as coach:
Ed Reed, Michael Barrow, Santana Moss, Antrel Rolle, Jeremy Shockey, Brett Romberg, Reggie Wayne,
But our 10th coach, i fully expect to be a younger guy who isn't paid all that much.

Adrian Closeburt or if possible you can have a player be a coach and player at the same time.....Lorenzo Lingawwwd

I think we should decide what's best here and now, and use it to air our grievances with the current staff.

Advertisement
I think we should decide what's best here and now, and use it to air our grievances with the current staff.

Nah, that's too far, but I think we could talk about what we would do if we were coach/what we think our coach should do. You know, since it's a message board about Canes football.

They also passed a Hard Cap on class size being 25. And that starts in August.
So no more oversigning is allowed. Have no idea if that includes EE's being counted as the previous class or not. But if it does, that would be pretty big.
And December signing period is going to be passed which is good. We'll likely be able to sign about half a class every year early which will allow us to solely focus on the others.

as for the 10th coach I'd be surprised if we got anyone to help at QB, RB, WR, or DB.
But any other position would make sense. Also, I doubt we'd be willing to pay too much money.
But If its a TE coach, Hartley would be primarily a ST coach and recruiter, though I think they're going to keep him at TE's. If we get a ST coach it'll probably be a young guy that could be a good recruiter. IF we get a LB coach it'll just be to help out Diaz since he's also DC. The idea of developing a guy to coach behind Kul is interesting, but I doubt it happens.

I really think getting a former Cane is best. Someone who will be committed to being our coach for the longhaul and not just leave when he gets a promotion offer. That way we can sort of develop him as a coach/recruiter.
Former Canes that would be cool to have as coach:
Ed Reed, Michael Barrow, Santana Moss, Antrel Rolle, Jeremy Shockey, Brett Romberg, Reggie Wayne,
But our 10th coach, i fully expect to be a younger guy who isn't paid all that much.

I want Barrow.

Advertisement
Back