🚨 BREAKING NEWS - KING PUBLICLY COMMITS 🚨 - The D'Eriq King Thread

it would be hilarious if they went with another grad transfer and rattler finds his way out. remmeber they brought in hurts in after riley told rattler they werent bringing another QB in
I'm a win-now guy. But, I think Rattler gives them just as much chance to win as King, and I question whether ANOTHER transfer is really what OU needs to be playing with in recruiting. Eventually HS QBs are going to be turned off by a carousel of transfers.

Advertisement
I'm a win-now guy. But, I think Rattler gives them just as much chance to win as King, and I question whether ANOTHER transfer is really what OU needs to be playing with in recruiting. Eventually HS QBs are going to be turned off by a carousel of transfers.

if rattler leaves, i think thatll be a big issue for them in the future (if they bring in a transfer). frosh are starting all over the country but riley is banking on transfers every year while bringing in highly touted kids. the 21 kid already bounced on them (partly bc he said hed leave OU if riley is gone)

That doesn't really make sense given that Rattler was an extremely ballyhooed recruit and had a year as understudy to Hurts while learning the book. LSU seems the obvious choice for King.

LSU has no interest in King. He is not a fit for their offense. He's nowhere near as good of a passer as Burrow is, but he's insanely dynamic with the ball in his hands. He thrives in a Briles/Lashlee air raid type offense.

Maybe He's grown up, but Rattler seemed very immature on that QB1 show.

LSU has no interest in King. He is not a fit for their offense. He's nowhere near as good of a passer as Burrow is, but he's insanely dynamic with the ball in his hands. He thrives in a Briles/Lashlee air raid type offense.
No doubt he'd start at Arkansauce day 1. But while it makes sense to reunite with someone you know in Briles the Lesser, it makes NO SENSE to walk into the dumpster fire that the Piggie will be in 2020.

Advertisement
That doesn't really make sense given that Rattler was an extremely ballyhooed recruit and had a year as understudy to Hurts while learning the book. LSU seems the obvious choice for King.

He wasn't any more ballyhooed than Jarren Williams (UA All American). N'Kosi Perry was fairly ballyhooed as well.

Tate Martell might have been the most ballyhooed of all.

At the end of the day, Oklahoma is a better landing spot for King. I wouldn't send my kid to Miami in 2020. The entire organization is a mess.

if rattler leaves, i think thatll be a big issue for them in the future (if they bring in a transfer). frosh are starting all over the country but riley is banking on transfers every year while bringing in highly touted kids. the 21 kid already bounced on them (partly bc he said hed leave OU if riley is gone)

Or maybe Rattler's not that good.

He wasn't any more ballyhooed than Jarren Williams (UA All American). N'Kosi Perry was fairly ballyhooed as well.

At the end of the day, Oklahoma is a better landing spot for King. I wouldn't send my kid to Miami in 2020. The entire organization is a mess.

lol rattler is more hyped than JW and Perry. elite 11 mvp five star qb

Advertisement

Rattler was the only 5 star QB in that class. He was the #1 rated QB overall. He was a far bigger recruit than Jarren Williams. That doesn't mean he's better, but was most definitely more hyped.

then thats an awful eval by riley considering rattler was he 11th best player in the country
This, maybe he isn't really a QB whisperer but knows how to pick guys who can work in his system after he has seen them perform at other places. Has he had any success at OU with a HS QB?

Advertisement
After watching jarren, Kosi and Tate I really want to know what King is like off the field and in the film room. Does anyone have anything on this?

No doubt he'd start at Arkansauce day 1. But while it makes sense to reunite with someone you know in Briles the Lesser, it makes NO SENSE to walk into the dumpster fire that the Piggie will be in 2020.

I said exactly that in another thread on him. Arkansas is the logical choice, the kid scored 50 TDs with Briles 2 seasons ago and that's the offense he's best in. But, aside from being able to showcase himself against SEC athletes and play in a familiar system, I see zero reasons to go to Arkansas. Why sign up to get your brains beat in every week and go 4-8?

I would use him and Tyler at the same time on plays. Bc you never know is it going to be a run or pass.

Advertisement
I read somewhere 247 i think that he’s a package deal with Keith Corbin that’s a pretty good 2 for 1 I think.
This could be our selling point. We don't have a deep WR room and they could both be guaranteed starting spots. LSU and OU f.e. have way more talent at WR (and QB). Not sure about Arkansas... they are just not good

Advertisement
Back