🚨🚨🚨 Band Bet - FSU Game - 1 Year

1633888814079.gif

Advertisement
I have no reason to think crossover isn’t a wonderful person. It’s a college football forum, on the internet, after 18 months of the world losing its collective mind. It’s all too easy to look like a fool and very hard to behave wisely. I’m the chief of sinners in this regard, constantly removing doubt.

That said the board is absolutely terrible right now, made worse by some truly unserious opinions. Miami lost to FIU, I get it. La Tech, too. Manny sucks, Blake James sucks, the program is in a state of prolonged atrophy and suicidal decay. I know, we've all been saying it for 15 years. I can acknowledge these things and not say Blake James should be hit by a truck, his wife pegs him (didn’t even know what that meant until CIS), half our team should be in the portal, or that losing to an FCS school is more defensible than what Diaz has done thus far. I don’t spam every thread with the same stale can of graffiti, regardless of its original subject, in hopes that my effort will drag the program down further, or revel in the misery with a parade of celebratory posts. Maybe I’m getting old, but I fundamentally do not understand a significant amount of posters on this site anymore. Every day is a race to the bottom.

I used to believe that if Miami ever got back to the top, college football would hate us more than ever because we were “born in the darkness” of self-hatred after decades of futility. We beat ourselves up more than anyone else ever could, with more surgically-guided strikes than any other fan base could dream of launching. We would be merciless to other schools, turning every attack on them that we’d perfected on ourselves. We hate Miami more than we would ever be hated, I told myself, and back then I admired us for it. Now I’m much closer to giving up the team entirely than I am waiting for us to be watchable, let alone good. But it isn’t just because the program has become a bad comic with a yearly, 12-stop tour, it’s because the fans are as equally unserious, unfunny, and a waste of time to engage with.

If Miami loses to FSU I’ll happily disappear for good. The band bet will just be a bonus.
Probably the most relatable post I’ve ever read

Social media is a role playing activity and reality gets heavily distorted

The older I get the more unappealing that is, because quite frankly I enjoy reality

Appreciate this post brother

"...
As a follow up, there are multiple posters claiming they’d rather have Norvell as their coach than Diaz (@Empirical Cane, @L A M P, etc)...."
Let's back that truck up. .. I said I believe Norvell is a better coach than Manuela top to bottom. I stood by ot then, I stand by it now.

That does not imply or assert that I believe Norvello Mello should be HC of our Miami Hurricanes.

I also clearly stated the bet for all parties is best made game week with as much information as possible rather thn weeks out...

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have no reason to think crossover isn’t a wonderful person. It’s a college football forum, on the internet, after 18 months of the world losing its collective mind. It’s all too easy to look like a fool and very hard to behave wisely. I’m the chief of sinners in this regard, constantly removing doubt.

That said the board is absolutely terrible right now, made worse by some truly unserious opinions. Miami lost to FIU, I get it. La Tech, too. Manny sucks, Blake James sucks, the program is in a state of prolonged atrophy and suicidal decay. I know, we've all been saying it for 15 years. I can acknowledge these things and not say Blake James should be hit by a truck, his wife pegs him (didn’t even know what that meant until CIS), half our team should be in the portal, or that losing to an FCS school is more defensible than what Diaz has done thus far. I don’t spam every thread with the same stale can of graffiti, regardless of its original subject, in hopes that my effort will drag the program down further, or revel in the misery with a parade of celebratory posts. Maybe I’m getting old, but I fundamentally do not understand a significant amount of posters on this site anymore. Every day is a race to the bottom.

I used to believe that if Miami ever got back to the top, college football would hate us more than ever because we were “born in the darkness” of self-hatred after decades of futility. We beat ourselves up more than anyone else ever could, with more surgically-guided strikes than any other fan base could dream of launching. We would be merciless to other schools, turning every attack on them that we’d perfected on ourselves. We hate Miami more than we would ever be hated, I told myself, and back then I admired us for it. Now I’m much closer to giving up the team entirely than I am waiting for us to be watchable, let alone good. But it isn’t just because the program has become a bad comic with a yearly, 12-stop tour, it’s because the fans are as equally unserious, unfunny, and a waste of time to engage with.

If Miami loses to FSU I’ll happily disappear for good. The band bet will just be a bonus.
A week or so ago I posted in another thread encouraging you to stay even if the Canes lost. But, that was before I had read this post. I empathize with you, friend. You seem like a fair, reasonable, intelligent person. You get that words matter, even in an anonymous online forum, and act accordingly. As a mod, I can only imagine how draining it must be for you to have to interact with the mouth-breathers, fools and degenerates on this board. I can choose how much or how little time to spend on here, but you don't seem to have the same luxury. So, I completely get the band bet and how you did not want out of it even when given the opportunity.
free freedom GIF

Advertisement
The bet was modified by all. Inday is out until he wants to come back. Inday wouldn’t make an alt account to get around a lost bet anyhow. High character guy.
We need all hands on deck to stir the pot until Manny and Blake get their pink slip and then navigate the coming coaching search.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back