🚨🚨🚨 Band Bet - FSU Game - 1 Year

I have no reason to think crossover isn’t a wonderful person. It’s a college football forum, on the internet, after 18 months of the world losing its collective mind. It’s all too easy to look like a fool and very hard to behave wisely. I’m the chief of sinners in this regard, constantly removing doubt.

That said the board is absolutely terrible right now, made worse by some truly unserious opinions. Miami lost to FIU, I get it. La Tech, too. Manny sucks, Blake James sucks, the program is in a state of prolonged atrophy and suicidal decay. I know, we've all been saying it for 15 years. I can acknowledge these things and not say Blake James should be hit by a truck, his wife pegs him (didn’t even know what that meant until CIS), half our team should be in the portal, or that losing to an FCS school is more defensible than what Diaz has done thus far. I don’t spam every thread with the same stale can of graffiti, regardless of its original subject, in hopes that my effort will drag the program down further, or revel in the misery with a parade of celebratory posts. Maybe I’m getting old, but I fundamentally do not understand a significant amount of posters on this site anymore. Every day is a race to the bottom.

I used to believe that if Miami ever got back to the top, college football would hate us more than ever because we were “born in the darkness” of self-hatred after decades of futility. We beat ourselves up more than anyone else ever could, with more surgically-guided strikes than any other fan base could dream of launching. We would be merciless to other schools, turning every attack on them that we’d perfected on ourselves. We hate Miami more than we would ever be hated, I told myself, and back then I admired us for it. Now I’m much closer to giving up the team entirely than I am waiting for us to be watchable, let alone good. But it isn’t just because the program has become a bad comic with a yearly, 12-stop tour, it’s because the fans are as equally unserious, unfunny, and a waste of time to engage with.

If Miami loses to FSU I’ll happily disappear for good. The band bet will just be a bonus.
The more one engages with some of our fans, the more one wonders if it was ever about them loving Miami for Miami, or was it merely loving Miami because that allowed them to be unrelenting ********.

Now that Miami has sucked for 15 years, the jollies of being an ******* come from attacking all that is Miami for taking that away from them…

I mean this thread stems from fans using a 2 loss Florida State team to **** on Miami.

Advertisement
I too learned about pegging from Miami boards 🤦🏻‍♂️

As to your point of leaving being welcomed, I do get that. I gave up the boards for a while & it was nice.. I just haven’t found it’s replacement long term.

Miami football isn’t fun for a lot of us anymore. I do my best to find humor in it but it’s tough. I might troll, be sarcastic.. but it’s just to pass the time.

Sigh.
06EA5E33-6D53-4F4E-BC5F-1ABE8CAC2588.jpeg

this thread stems from fans using a 2 loss Florida State team to **** on Miami.
Every thread craps on Miami when Miami is crap. This isn’t the standard that was set. Maybe we should stop living in the past & accept mediocrity.. or maybe not. Negativity is the result of 18 years of disappointment. It’s embarrassing.

Advertisement
If no one else takes the bet, I'll do it.

Not because I think we'll lose. (I think we beat the brakes off them).

....I just like the action. ;)

I have no reason to think crossover isn’t a wonderful person. It’s a college football forum, on the internet, after 18 months of the world losing its collective mind. It’s all too easy to look like a fool and very hard to behave wisely. I’m the chief of sinners in this regard, constantly removing doubt.

That said the board is absolutely terrible right now, made worse by some truly unserious opinions. Miami lost to FIU, I get it. La Tech, too. Manny sucks, Blake James sucks, the program is in a state of prolonged atrophy and suicidal decay. I know, we've all been saying it for 15 years. I can acknowledge these things and not say Blake James should be hit by a truck, his wife pegs him (didn’t even know what that meant until CIS), half our team should be in the portal, or that losing to an FCS school is more defensible than what Diaz has done thus far. I don’t spam every thread with the same stale can of graffiti, regardless of its original subject, in hopes that my effort will drag the program down further, or revel in the misery with a parade of celebratory posts. Maybe I’m getting old, but I fundamentally do not understand a significant amount of posters on this site anymore. Every day is a race to the bottom.

I used to believe that if Miami ever got back to the top, college football would hate us more than ever because we were “born in the darkness” of self-hatred after decades of futility. We beat ourselves up more than anyone else ever could, with more surgically-guided strikes than any other fan base could dream of launching. We would be merciless to other schools, turning every attack on them that we’d perfected on ourselves. We hate Miami more than we would ever be hated, I told myself, and back then I admired us for it. Now I’m much closer to giving up the team entirely than I am waiting for us to be watchable, let alone good. But it isn’t just because the program has become a bad comic with a yearly, 12-stop tour, it’s because the fans are as equally unserious, unfunny, and a waste of time to engage with.

If Miami loses to FSU I’ll happily disappear for good. The band bet will just be a bonus.
I’ve probably been a Cane longer than you’ve been on planet earth my friend. The frustration with the current state of our beloved football team is undoubtably understandable. I lurked on this board from it’s inception for many years due to personal time constraints and have been an active participant over 3 years running.

I agree wholeheartedly that there a several posters that constantly post negative comments about anything imaginable. Some have obvious agendas. Some just have miserable in their genes. For me personally, I find them amusing and have come to know who they are usually scroll right past their miserable posts. As I’ve gotten older, my perspective has changed and so has my intolerance for stupidity.

I would hate to not see you participating on this board. You’re one of the good guys. Being a Maude doesn’t give you as much luxury to ignore the stupid. Maybe a better alternative on your bet would be to step down as a Maude for a year. Or an avatar or tag line change. No shame in changing your mind. We need as many good guys as possible on this site.

Advertisement
Tell you what at the end of the season we'll see where we are.

I cannot overreact to losing to Alabama the 1st game of the season. If this was any other team outside a few I would definitely overreact and be concerned
And how do you feel today?

I’ve probably been a Cane longer than you’ve been on planet earth my friend. The frustration with the current state of our beloved football team is undoubtably understandable. I lurked on this board from it’s inception for many years due to personal time constraints and have been an active participant over 3 years running.

I agree wholeheartedly that there a several posters that constantly post negative comments about anything imaginable. Some have obvious agendas. Some just have miserable in their genes. For me personally, I find them amusing and have come to know who they are usually scroll right past their miserable posts. As I’ve gotten older, my perspective has changed and so has my intolerance for stupidity.

I would hate to not see you participating on this board. You’re one of the good guys. Being a Maude doesn’t give you as much luxury to ignore the stupid. Maybe a better alternative on your bet would be to step down as a Maude for a year. Or an avatar or tag line change. No shame in changing your mind. We need as many good guys as possible on this site.
Inday’s not a Maude, he/she’s a Mod.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back