🚨🚨🚨 Band Bet - FSU Game - 1 Year

Advertisement
That hurts my heart.
I know we scored 14 points in Q4, but look at stats of the LSU players compared to Bama. The 1st half score I think was the same 27-3.

1631038009050.png

Advertisement
@crossover22[]_[] had said he'd accepted @IndayArtHauz's bet, but it was not a clear acceptance. I asked him to confirm a few days ago but he's been silent. Other than that, nobody else has wanted the action. Doubtful they do now, though I suspect @IndayArtHauz would keep the bet open for another week if anyone wanted to nut up.

@crossover22[]_[] had said he'd accepted @IndayArtHauz's bet, but it was not a clear acceptance. I asked him to confirm a few days ago but he's been silent. Other than that, nobody else has wanted the action. Doubtful they do now, though I suspect @IndayArtHauz would keep the bet open for another week if anyone wanted to nut up.
@crossover22[]_[] ignored the one rule I made, but since I didn’t write the post in crayon I think he deserves some applause for deciphering the big boy font. Also he’s been on the site he’s just ducking you.

I’ll take his counter with these modifications:

1) If Miami loses to FSU this year I will take a 12 month break from CIS.

2) I won’t return as a mod after that year.

3) When FSU loses he has to sit out for an entire year himself.

As a follow up, there are multiple posters claiming they’d rather have Norvell as their coach than Diaz (@Empirical Cane, @L A M P, etc). I am not one to pick on people who suffer from early onset dementia, but if they’d like to step up and join the bet, I’ll raise the stakes on my end: For every additional person who joins the Band Bet on the FSU side, I’ll add a year to my absence if Miami loses.

Deadline is noon on Saturday.

@crossover22[]_[] ignored the one rule I made, but since I didn’t write the post in crayon I think he deserves some applause for deciphering the big boy font. Also he’s been on the site he’s just ducking you.

As a follow up, there are multiple posters claiming they’d rather have Norvell as their coach than Diaz (@Empirical Cane, @L A M P, etc). I am not one to pick on people who suffer from early onset dementia, but if they’d like to step up and join the bet, I’ll raise the stakes on my end: For every additional person who joins the Band Bet on the FSU side, I’ll add a year to my absence if Miami loses.

The fact that those clowns w/ Norvell as HC lost to a girl's school says that everyone who jocked them last week should take a walk for 12 months.....
Bye GIF by Tony Awards

I sincerely doubt @crossover22[]_[] would duck my request for clarification of his terms of acceptance. There must be some weird issue with this thread where like half the board can't access it. Only explanation for the lack of people taking you up on your bet.

Advertisement
I sincerely doubt @crossover22[]_[] would duck my request for clarification of his terms of acceptance. There must be some weird issue with this thread where like half the board can't access it. Only explanation for the lack of people taking you up on your bet.
I’ll ask Andrew about it. Seems to be affecting multiple posters, I’m getting concerned.

Advertisement
@DMoney said we will not lose the way we did to L$U. Not much has changed honestly. It's not the loss itself.. it's the way we lost.
It’s interesting how the games we lose have a very similar feel to it. We were a missed FG away from losing last night with that same feeling. Reminds me of the Golden era.

Advertisement

There’s no way to measure what I said unless we wait a few years & see who is left standing. Moot point.

I’d hope Diaz wouldn’t lose to Norvell (although it wouldn’t shock me) this season. They took over two completely different situations & are in different years.

You’re a good dude. So is crossover. Just agree to disagree & move along. Ban bets are a bit much. Do an avatar bet.. & y’all sport Norvell or Diaz for a year.

Will take it.

There’s no way to measure what I said unless we wait a few years & see who is left standing. Moot point.

I’d hope Diaz wouldn’t lose to Norvell (although it wouldn’t shock me) this season. They took over two completely different situations & are in different years.

You’re a good dude. So is crossover. Just agree to disagree & move along. Ban bets are a bit much. Do an avatar bet.. & y’all sport Norvell or Diaz for a year.
I have no reason to think crossover isn’t a wonderful person. It’s a college football forum, on the internet, after 18 months of the world losing its collective mind. It’s all too easy to look like a fool and very hard to behave wisely. I’m the chief of sinners in this regard, constantly removing doubt.

That said the board is absolutely terrible right now, made worse by some truly unserious opinions. Miami lost to FIU, I get it. La Tech, too. Manny sucks, Blake James sucks, the program is in a state of prolonged atrophy and suicidal decay. I know, we've all been saying it for 15 years. I can acknowledge these things and not say Blake James should be hit by a truck, his wife pegs him (didn’t even know what that meant until CIS), half our team should be in the portal, or that losing to an FCS school is more defensible than what Diaz has done thus far. I don’t spam every thread with the same stale can of graffiti, regardless of its original subject, in hopes that my effort will drag the program down further, or revel in the misery with a parade of celebratory posts. Maybe I’m getting old, but I fundamentally do not understand a significant amount of posters on this site anymore. Every day is a race to the bottom.

I used to believe that if Miami ever got back to the top, college football would hate us more than ever because we were “born in the darkness” of self-hatred after decades of futility. We beat ourselves up more than anyone else ever could, with more surgically-guided strikes than any other fan base could dream of launching. We would be merciless to other schools, turning every attack on them that we’d perfected on ourselves. We hate Miami more than we would ever be hated, I told myself, and back then I admired us for it. Now I’m much closer to giving up the team entirely than I am waiting for us to be watchable, let alone good. But it isn’t just because the program has become a bad comic with a yearly, 12-stop tour, it’s because the fans are as equally unserious, unfunny, and a waste of time to engage with.

If Miami loses to FSU I’ll happily disappear for good. The band bet will just be a bonus.

Advertisement
Back