“If I went to that program I would never lose a game. They get the best athletes.” - Mike Leach

Advertisement
Lickalotapuss hated the Pirate. That repulsive mutant pretty much.blackballed him from any kind of serious consideration for the gig here.

Leach ain't the answer man. In his nearly 2 decades of coaching, this season will only be his second winning 10 games or more.

We will be more entertaining for sure, but we won't win big.
That's why we sukk now, because of mindsets like yours...

Advertisement
Ignore the messenger, listen to his story at 3:50. Shows how other coaches view our talent. How are we 5-5?

If you guys want an innovator, you can’t do better than mike leach. Say what you will about the man l’s character, but he is an x’s and o’s genius of the highest order.

Leach would murder it here. Keep Diaz, hire Leach, and this team would be straight up dangerous.

I love how fools always bringing up how Leach lost to Portland state but NEVER MENTION how we lost to Washington St! Lol

And now that dwarf sits in the House.
Big money clintonite. Trump was tight with that circle. Sucks she didn't listen to him. I remember all the rumors. Butch and Leach were the fan favorites, we knew more than the admins. SMH, she couldn't have cared less about athletics.

People want to talk about Babers, Yost, etc....but Leach is the OG....taught them everything they know.

If that genius had any actual talent to work with, it would be straight up murder.

Hiring leach would take balls, hence it will never happen with our admin. But it should.

Advertisement
Lickalotapuss hated the Pirate. That repulsive mutant pretty much.blackballed him from any kind of serious consideration for the gig here.

If Shalala hated him, then that means he was exactly what we needed.

Leach makes under 3 million per year now. I think he would accept that same salary to coach at the school he's asked to coach for twice (after both Coker and Shannon got fired). He's not coaching because he loves teaching young men how to be life champions, he coaches because he wants to win a championship. Leach recognizes more than any coach in football that with Miami caliber players he'd have an offense so potent it would make Oklahoma's offense look pedestrian by comparison.

At 3 million a year salary, Leach could hire an elite DC for 1.5 million (Don Brown makes about 1.4 million and Foster makes about 1 million) and we'd have a HC/OC/DC combo for about the same cost as Rick alone.

Frenk needs to fire James and bring in a new AD whose first order of business is firing Rick and hiring Mike Leach.

It's still about building that wall across Central Florida....and who put four new schools inside the wall?

Get Leach and pay him what Richt makes at minimum. The exitement Leach would bring would increase contributions to the program, big time IMO.

Advertisement
If you guys want an innovator, you can’t do better than mike leach. Say what you will about the man l’s character, but he is an x’s and o’s genius of the highest order.

Leach would murder it here. Keep Diaz, hire Leach, and this team would be straight up dangerous.
Well, if it's Trump, I want him to send us Mattis, Kelly, Bolton and Pompeo. That's a nucleus of a staff that I would want. They can learn the,"X's" and "O's" on the job.That's a kick-*** group.

Advertisement
My post isn't about Mike Leach, per se. My post is about Washington State. Now there are many layers of quality in P5 football. I would say Washington State was in the lowest/worst layer.

Here are the prior 5 years before Leach (2007-2011):

Total Wins: 14
Total Conference Wins: 7
Bowl Games: 0
Bowl Wins: 0
Average Wins Per Season: 2.8
Average Conference Wins Per Season: 1.4
Winning Seasons: 0

----------------------

Their last "relevant" season was their last winning season in 2003.

Problem with Leach is his personality would turn a lot of South Florida families off. We also play to South Florida athleticism and have Manny recruiting (whom I'm sure is a decent recruiter) on defense, and we still miss out on a lot of blue chip prospects. This is also ignoring that although Leach's a great offensive mind, his teams constantly lose to FCS schools (losing to Portland St. multiple times).

You really believe yourself don’t you?

Advertisement
Back