“If I went to that program I would never lose a game. They get the best athletes.” - Mike Leach

Advertisement
It's Donald Trump telling the story, he was probably lying just to pander to the local crowd.
Those who attend his rallies want to hear about the wall and fake news. Not a story about Leach and a comment he made regarding a football program.

Firstly, Leach would lose games here. He'd have some head scratchers and embarrassments, just like he did at TTech and Washington State.

However, he'd be successful here.

I've often said I love Leach just not for my team...mostly due to the lack of run game in his offense to win a National Championship...but I'm sure he'd at least win the ACC a few times while he was here.

Unfortunately, he wears Hawaiian shirts, sandals, drinks, and isn't afraid to tell a booster or student-athlete to go fvck himself or tell'em their girlfriend is ugly so people think he's unhireable. A shame. He'd be very fun here and wouldn't accept half the nonsense this program has gone through over the past 15 years.

Advertisement
Those who attend his rallies want to hear about the wall and fake news. Not a story about Leach and a comment he made regarding a football program.

Trump sent a hand written note to Donna Shalala, telling her she should hire Leach. He was available, and would be cheap, according to him. The note was written on a newspaper sports page article about Shannon’s termination.

1541917238764.jpeg

Last edited:
Leach ain't the answer man. In his nearly 2 decades of coaching, this season will only be his second winning 10 games or more.

We will be more entertaining for sure, but we won't win big.

To me, it’s not even about Leach.

It’s more about how others views our program. What a waste.
Coaches know what’s down here. We’ve needed a coach that was going to get the best athletes that fit his system. No we no longer will get the top recruits but a coach that implants an offense that takes advantage of the speed and athleticism would at a minimum be in the ACCCG yearly.

Athletic department is trash

Advertisement
He sent a note to Donna telling her he was right and next time to listen to him. Now he’s the Pres and she’s a House Rep. Small World.

Problem with Leach is his personality would turn a lot of South Florida families off. We also play to South Florida athleticism and have Manny recruiting (whom I'm sure is a decent recruiter) on defense, and we still miss out on a lot of blue chip prospects. This is also ignoring that although Leach's a great offensive mind, his teams constantly lose to FCS schools (losing to Portland St. multiple times).
Cuz catering to these privileged kids has worked well for us eh

What do you mean it might be us. Of course it's us. Trump wrote letters to the BOT and Shalala asking them to hire Leach.

Well considering the amount of people around him who are being indicted or fired by him maybe that’s a good thing..

Advertisement
Problem with Leach is his personality would turn a lot of South Florida families off. We also play to South Florida athleticism and have Manny recruiting (whom I'm sure is a decent recruiter) on defense, and we still miss out on a lot of blue chip prospects. This is also ignoring that although Leach's a great offensive mind, his teams constantly lose to FCS schools (losing to Portland St. multiple times).

With all due respect, a lot of South Florida families have demonstrated that they don't give a **** about a coach's character or personality. South Florida families have zero loyalty to the home team. They couldn't care less how positive or nice a guy any of our coaches are. Nor do they care how disgusting or despicable other coach's are.

Recruits would be tripping over themselves to play for Leach, and their parents would be right behind them.

Leach ain't the answer man. In his nearly 2 decades of coaching, this season will only be his second winning 10 games or more.

1. Yes he would win. So many programs have copied his Air Raid it's ridiculous. Air Raid fits our offense like the 4-3 fits the defense
2. Leach has talked about TEs being gamechangers but he's never really had them on his teams. He annihilate defenses with our TEs
3. I'll accept entertaining. I watch football because I like to escape from reality for a little bit. I would always have fun watching Leach at Miami, and given our last decade and a half, that'll do for a few years.

1. Yes he would win. So many programs have copied his Air Raid it's ridiculous. Air Raid fits our offense like the 4-3 fits the defense
2. Leach has talked about TEs being gamechangers but he's never really had them on his teams. He annihilate defenses with our TEs
3. I'll accept entertaining. I watch football because I like to escape from reality for a little bit. I would always have fun watching Leach at Miami, and given our last decade and a half, that'll do for a few years.

This.

I hate watching a loss but I’d rather watch Miami go down swinging than fall down stumbling.

Advertisement
Someone said families would be turned off by him, but I'd think the opposite would be true. He's direct and honest and doesn't come across as slick. People would trust him.

Leach has coached at garbage programs. We have no idea how he’d donat Miami. But he would
Be much better than Retirement Richt.

To be fair, he's been at the Tatooine of College Football in Pullman and Lubbock. Winning to the point he has at those two spots is impressive. There are questions about what he could do at Miami or an equal school, but at this point, it couldn't hurt.

Advertisement
Back