“If I went to that program I would never lose a game. They get the best athletes.” - Mike Leach

That is literally the only thing people look at. The past two years people were crying for Bobby Petrino. Whichever way the wind is blowing, CIS will follow.
Just like you're prepared to following Richt off the same cliff you followed Folden off of...

Advertisement
With all due respect, a lot of South Florida families have demonstrated that they don't give a **** about a coach's character or personality. South Florida families have zero loyalty to the home team. They couldn't care less how positive or nice a guy any of our coaches are. Nor do they care how disgusting or despicable other coach's are.

Recruits would be tripping over themselves to play for Leach, and their parents would be right behind them.

This

Advertisement
That is literally the only thing people look at. The past two years people were crying for Bobby Petrino. Whichever way the wind is blowing, CIS will follow.
So everytime Leach is mentioned you bring up Portland St. And your buddy brings up Cal. With expectations that everyone is going to agree. Come up with names that isn't Richtirement. I know you're boy's schtick is to be a contrarion. What's yours?

So everytime Leach is mentioned you bring up Portland St. And your buddy brings up Cal. With expectations that everyone is going to agree. Come up with names that isn't Richtirement. I know you're boy's schtick is to be a contrarion. What's yours?

Every time? I wasn’t aware that I talked about Leach that often. My “schtick” is mental stability.

Minus all the other concerns, does Leach seem like the kind of guy that has a personality fit to deal with not only the recruiting nonsense of this area but the criticism he'd get personally the moment things go south?

This isn't a pressure cooker type of environment like the most extreme college jobs but it'd certainly be in comparison to his previous jobs where outperforming a low bar has kept him golden.

I could absolutely see him directly insulting our fanbase and the community in general the moment he hears talk of banners flying when he turns in one of his trademark 8 win seasons.

I would say this job is a pressure cooker, without any of the benefits. Miami fans don't donate, they barely show up when times are good, and you get all the insanity and whatnot that comes with the large factory schools. Remember the following: Even when coaches flame out at Alabama and Georgia, the donor pool still does whatever they can to help recruit. On the other hand, Miami fans take to social media and actively poison recruits AGAINST the program.

Leach wouldn't be able to work that environment, and once fans get tired of losing games by being unable to stop a nosebleed, it would get just as toxic as it's gotten for Richt, who actually has bona fides. If the Richt thing doesn't work out, Miami should be leaning towards a Matt Campbell or Dino Babers type, but even those guys and their agents are most likely holding out for a factory job, where you won't have to overcome significant obstacles.

Advertisement
Those liberty city kids don’t seem to have a problem living with going to school with and playing in front of thousands of maga wearing confederates up in Tuscaloosa, Athens etc

Well, when your recruitment is for sale, the biggest bag usually gets the job done. That said, Leach won't have that at his disposal, plus he's weird as all ****. Good luck selling that. If guys like Richt, who are actually likable, and sane are going to struggle, even after having solid seasons, imagine with 8 win Leach is going to do.

Advertisement
Ignore the messenger, listen to his story at 3:50. Shows how other coaches view our talent. How are we 5-5?

I don't know if other coaches still view our talent this way. This exchange with Leach happened before Randy Shannon was hired.

Long story short, Trump loved Leach because Leach loved Trump. Trump fires a lot of people because he doesn't always find the right guy at first.

Advertisement
I don't know if other coaches still view our talent this way. This exchange with Leach happened before Randy Shannon was hired.

Long story short, Trump loved Leach because Leach loved Trump. Trump fires a lot of people because he doesn't always find the right guy at first.
Trump offered to buy the land UM needed to build an on campus stadium if Shalala agreed to hire Leach.

6oC.gif

Advertisement
Back