“If I went to that program I would never lose a game. They get the best athletes.” - Mike Leach

Michael also won at DESOLATE Lubbock, Tejas ( Yeah, yeah, yeah he never won a conference titles. So what. The point is he had consistent winning teams. ). Go figure. For example, both Pullman and Lubbock ( Are those towns even on the map? ) arguably speaking are VERY DIFFICULT enclaves to recruit, and sign, either Five-Star or Four-Star prep players. And as you mentioned above, Michael would have Top 20 offenses year in and year out. The only thing negative about him is his defensive acumen. He likes to out score opponents, but that just don't work against LEGITIMATE Power 5 schools. Think Boomer Sooner.

The bottom line is you have a Leach on your sideline, and have a defensive coordinator akin to Manuel, then Miami will be a LEGITIMATE Top 10 team faster than a NYC minute. And eventually a college football playoff team. Yikes.
I'm on your side here. 100%

Advertisement
tantrum.gif
Lol, y'all start down voting every post and then cry when it happens to you. Can't make this **** up.

Lol, y'all start down voting every post and then cry when it happens to you. Can't make this **** up.
Just wanted to tell you how we have all noticed the big change in you ever since Grandma told everyone that you are the best kisser in the whole **** family !

Just wanted to tell you how we have all noticed the big change in you ever since Grandma told everyone that you are the best kisser in the whole **** family !

I'm aware that you're the product of inbreeding and that's typical dinner conversation for you. Not sure what that has to do with my point.

Advertisement
Leach would crush it here as HC without a doubt. Yea the guy isn’t the greatest recruiter known to man but with the level of production his offense would have here recruiting would take care of its self. Would you rather Richt and his anemic offense but “great” recruiting ability or Leach with his explosive offense but marginal ability to recruit? South Florida kids are divas and front runners winning games and putting up big numbers would be far more impactful then poor results on the field with Richts so called ability to recruit.

Leach would crush it here as HC without a doubt. Yea the guy isn’t the greatest recruiter known to man but with the level of production his offense would have here recruiting would take care of its self. Would you rather Richt and his anemic offense but “great” recruiting ability or Leach with his explosive offense but marginal ability to recruit? South Florida kids are divas and front runners winning games and putting up big numbers would be far more impactful then poor results on the field with Richts so called ability to recruit.

So our only two options are Leach and Richt?

Advertisement
Individual data point such as losses? We will be right back in the same place with Mike Leach.

I can't say I share the opinion listed in bold. Leach with Manny Diaz could very will be a winning combination.

The knock on Leach not being a good recruiter could easily change at a skool like UM.

Again, Im not sold on Leach as a coach who can bring us a title, but Im not against the idea of letting him try. Again, Im neutral on him...

...similar to how I was neutral on Mark Richt. :hopelessness:

Advertisement
You tried fighting jarochump's battle and now want to back out. That's cool. Go upvote your 5-5 coach cronies. I'm cool with that.
Like I was saying. Leach > Richtirement

How do you read that as me "wanting to back out"? Nevermind, I really don't want to get inside your way of thinking. Insult and down vote all you want, this is a waste of time.

Problem with Leach is his personality would turn a lot of South Florida families off. We also play to South Florida athleticism and have Manny recruiting (whom I'm sure is a decent recruiter) on defense, and we still miss out on a lot of blue chip prospects. This is also ignoring that although Leach's a great offensive mind, his teams constantly lose to FCS schools (losing to Portland St. multiple times).
Ya but with are talents and defense that different

Advertisement
Ya but with are talents and defense that different

Why though? He's had more talent than the FCS schools he's lost to. He'd face more defensive oriented teams than he's accustomed to in the Pac 12. When Leach's offense doesn't work, it's really really bad. I'm not one for having Richt here, but I also don't think Leach would kill it like some of you think he would. He's had one 11-win season in his entire career; yet that's all changing once he gets to Miami? And you think that Dabo, Jimbo, Saban, Meyer, and the other litany of SEC coaches is just going to let him have his run at all the blue chip prospects down in Florida?

8-1? Why? Would you have hired Mark Richt when he was 10-0 going into late November?

Come on, people. It's a whole lot deeper than "look at his record right now".

This isn't about Mark Richt, this is about Mike Leach. I would take one of the fathers of the Air Raid any day.

8-1? Why? Would you have hired Mark Richt when he was 10-0 going into late November?

Come on, people. It's a whole lot deeper than "look at his record right now".

That is literally the only thing people look at. The past two years people were crying for Bobby Petrino. Whichever way the wind is blowing, CIS will follow.

Advertisement
Back