Zone defense

There was obviously a huge talent disparity BUT the atrocious offensive and defensive gameplans made this a lot worse than it should have been. Horrible coaching job by Manuela, Lashlee, and co

Advertisement
Because we’ve had a huge problem recruiting fast corners and fast linebackers. 44 should be in a g5 uniform and I guarantee you there are some g5 backers that would bench him.
UGA had like six elite db’s leave between the draft and the transfer portal and they locked down all the Clemson dudes today.
stop complaining about coaching when we don’t have the talent or the depth. Especially when playing a team like Bama today.

Why do we play so much zone? And why do we have the worst zone scheme in the country? How do we get beat both underneath and deep in our zone?
Lets Go Thumbs Up GIF by ESPN

Do you really need an answer.................

Because we’ve had a huge problem recruiting fast corners and fast linebackers. 44 should be in a g5 uniform and I guarantee you there are some g5 backers that would bench him.
UGA had like six elite db’s leave between the draft and the transfer portal and they locked down all the Clemson dudes today.
stop complaining about coaching when we don’t have the talent or the depth. Especially when playing a team like Bama today.
So Tulane has as much talent or depth as Oklahoma.................... its called scheme and dIAZ sucks at it

Advertisement
Our blitz packages suck as well. Slow developing and always end up with the pass being thrown before pressure arrives or the blitz is easily picked up.
And it’s not even a real blitz half the time. We send 4 but instead of 4 DL we send 2 DL and two twig CBs or LBs that get swallowed up by the OL

So Tulane has as much talent or depth as Oklahoma.................... its called scheme and dIAZ sucks at it
You’re underestimating how bad our corners are. Ivey is horrible. Like not even nfl practice squad good. Trob ain’t gonna do sht with him. We don’t have the depth or the personnel to run with a team like Bama. We can’t run anything else. You’re gonna run press man with Ivey? Blades? Who else you got out there?
Dunson who ran a 4.9 in high school?
our corners and backers suuuuuuckkkk.
Everyone keeps saying this coaching sht but grimes was locking people up at unc as soon as he stepped in and I don’t see Raymond or rein up there. Dude striped the ball away from Wiggins when he should’ve been in high school.
I guarantee you Kamari Rodgers and Graves would bench everyone right now!!! And it’s not an exaggeration. Just like Searls’ and kool’s shty recruiting caught up with us so has the **** poor recruiting at lb and cb.
And it’s gonna cost us at least one or two games this year just like it did last year.

When I saw their top receiver wide open for a TD in the first drive...wide open as in no one with in ten yards of him...I knew nothing had changed scheme wise.

Advertisement
We blitzed our asses off with a bunch of man, we brought 5,6 and even 7 guys one time. Which mathematically doesn't add up, yet they brought them. People gripe about zone but don’t mention the qb was hitting us way harder against pressure and man. His numbers were worse against zone or bringing 4. Bama had us beat in pre snap **** near every play, if we ran cover three they sent multiple guys at the outside cb. If we ran man or blitzes they had man beaters on. Our blitzes were useless because they knew they were coming and their ol would just smack our smaller lb’s out of the way. What we saw is what Bama does to majority of teams , including playoff teams. They are far more talented , better coached , and pretty much a machine that’s ran better than most pro franchises.

Tried to tell y'all.
"His defenses always ranks near the top. It doesn't matter that we give up easy yardage, can't tackle in year 6, can't recruit a serviceable LB, and can't disguise our blitzes because we rank #1 in TFL."

Folks were calling you all kinds of "mopes" and saying you didn't know what you were talking about for pointing out apparent flaws.

Advertisement
"His defenses always ranks near the top. It doesn't matter that we give up easy yardage, can't tackle in year 6, can't recruit a serviceable LB, and can't disguise our blitzes because we rank #1 in TFL."

Folks were calling you all kinds of "mopes" and saying you didn't know what you were talking about for pointing out apparent flaws.
Tackling issues is what needs to be discussed , not zone. We blitzed like crazy and ran man. We had plenty of opportunities of making sacks or tfl’s and missed the tackle. Tackling is as bad as I’ve ever seen the last two years , too much arm tackling.

Tackling issues is what needs to be discussed , not zone. We blitzed like crazy and ran man. We had plenty of opportunities of making sacks or tfl’s and missed the tackle. Tackling is as bad as I’ve ever seen the last two years , too much arm tackling.
It's been an ongoing issue for a while now. Like you said, it has been flat-out terrible as of late. It took three guys to get one of their players down on multiple occasions smh. I don't remember tackling ever being an issue prior to Diaz.

We blitzed our asses off with a bunch of man, we brought 5,6 and even 7 guys one time. Which mathematically doesn't add up, yet they brought them. People gripe about zone but don’t mention the qb was hitting us way harder against pressure and man. His numbers were worse against zone or bringing 4. Bama had us beat in pre snap **** near every play, if we ran cover three they sent multiple guys at the outside cb. If we ran man or blitzes they had man beaters on. Our blitzes were useless because they knew they were coming and their ol would just smack our smaller lb’s out of the way. What we saw is what Bama does to majority of teams , including playoff teams. They are far more talented , better coached , and pretty much a machine that’s ran better than most pro franchises.
I agree somewhat but my thing is with whatever coverage we play, the great DCs will disguise what they're in pre snap. I probably dont have half the knowledge as saban and o'Brien but for the most part u could tell what coverage we were in, what side we were blitzing from, All before the snap. Bryce even adjusted the protection to stop the blitzes. Early on they motioned a wr for us to reveal our hand maybe to see if we changed something during the off season, then later on its like they knew what we were in most of the time. Game planning is what separates good teams from great ,unless u are just more talented than everyone else u cant just run the same **** every week and walk into a game vs an elite program. Football is chess.

Alot for my 1st post but as u can tell im sick of it

Advertisement
I agree somewhat but my thing is with whatever coverage we play, the great DCs will disguise what they're in pre snap. I probably dont have half the knowledge as saban and o'Brien but for the most part u could tell what coverage we were in, what side we were blitzing from, All before the snap. Bryce even adjusted the protection to stop the blitzes. Early on they motioned a wr for us to reveal our hand maybe to see if we changed something during the off season, then later on its like they knew what we were in most of the time. Game planning is what separates good teams from great ,unless u are just more talented than everyone else u cant just run the same **** every week and walk into a game vs an elite program. Football is chess.

Alot for my 1st post but as u can tell im sick of it
Our disguising is horrible , it always is. We show our hand too early. We also were standing both de’s up a lot , people *****ed about Blake standing one up lol

Because it’s something you play when you’re trying to keep the ball underneath you. It’s not meant to be a base but it is for us. Same interview he mentioned our over usage of CATS as well makes us easier to get underneath yardage on.
CATS?

It's been an ongoing issue for a while now. Like you said, it has been flat-out terrible as of late. It took three guys to get one of their players down on multiple occasions smh. I don't remember tackling ever being an issue prior to Diaz.
" don't remember tackling ever being an issue prior to Diaz "

to to be fair it was an issue under dorito and golden as well.

Our disguising is horrible , it always is. We show our hand too early. We also were standing both de’s up a lot , people *****ed about Blake standing one up lol
My blood pressure went up when I saw Carter crash into McCloud in a blitz on 1st and 10.

Advertisement
Back