Zone defense

Advertisement
Why do we play so much zone? And why do we have the worst zone scheme in the country? How do we get beat both underneath and deep in our zone?
Cause our zone looks like zone presnap. For ***** sake if you’re gonna run zone at least line up in man and drop into your zone POST SNAP. Clemson just did this and got a pick

Advertisement
We play zone coverage per say . We play a lot of clamp coverage which is Cover 2 and 4 and it’s meant to “clamp” the offense. Problem is that you need high level athletes to take away the ability to sit in the slot and LBers with instincts that can tackle in the open field.

Bama receivers were open all day. All ******* day. That wasn’t a talent difference, it was a scheme issue. I think teams have figured out how to light us up.

NC State going to light us up.
That’s a scariest game on the schedule.

Crossing routes really hurt this D but it’s because he had so much time.
A couple holding calls would have helped but everyone knows we won’t get that call.
1630810242377.gif

Advertisement
We play zone coverage per say . We play a lot of clamp coverage which is Cover 2 and 4 and it’s meant to “clamp” the offense. Problem is that you need high level athletes to take away the ability to sit in the slot and LBers with instincts that can tackle in the open field.
If y’all ever wondered why it looks like the QB is playing pitch and catch with the slot this is why. Hence why I hate this dudes recruiting philosophy.

If y’all ever wondered why it looks like the QB is playing pitch and catch with the slot this is why. Hence why I hate this dudes recruiting philosophy.
It’s really maddening. If we are going to blitz we need to match it up with man coverage.

Advertisement
It’s a pseudo bend, don’t break style. But when you have jags along your d line who can’t get pressure or create negative plays, it turns into pitch and catch all the way down the field for an easy score.

Watched Couch not even set most of the time 12 yards off with part of his body turned away from the qb when the ball was snapped wondering why we have such a fast paced offense but our defense isn’t ready to go the next play. Also, how is Ivey player jig that far off and still getting beat and letting guys slip behind him?

I pray this was a respect of Bama’ speed instead of scheme. That is the ONLY excuse that is acceptable and we should not see it next week.

Advertisement
Bama receivers were open all day. All ******* day. That wasn’t a talent difference, it was a scheme issue. I think teams have figured out how to light us up.

NC State going to light us up.
Right on the money.

Last edited:
Saban in his presser and coach show literally said he never plays that mickey mouse defense and said they were gonna make plays all over the field.. Dude made it a point to basically explain why its stupid af and he cant wait to light that **** up, rarely hear coaches call crap schemes out but alot of coaches seem to laugh at manny and his **** scheme..

Saban in his presser and coach show literally said he never plays that mickey mouse defense and said they were gonna make plays all over the field.. Dude made it a point to basically explain why its stupid af and he cant wait to light that **** up, rarely hear coaches call crap schemes out but alot of coaches seem to laugh at manny and his **** scheme..
Because it’s something you play when you’re trying to keep the ball underneath you. It’s not meant to be a base but it is for us. Same interview he mentioned our over usage of CATS as well makes us easier to get underneath yardage on.

Advertisement
Back