Zion Nelson, OT, Sumter HS (SC)

Can he put on good weight and keep his a

Not schools that are contending for national championships. This is a kids you take after you have a train load of Evan Neals on your roster.

Lol you are way off here. ..no one in the country has a roster full of Neals... and who said we are done recruiting the position

Advertisement
Horrible mentality and way to recruit with our tackle issues and depth...reason 76533010 Searles should not be here. This kid is a bottom of the barrel project when you have options available that are above and beyond what this type of recruit will turn into 95+% of the time. With the way this season and recruiting class are going I guess this is expected.

Searels should have been gone. We aren't getting nearly enough out of that position group.

Advertisement
Yeah, well you side stepped the part about the fact that teams who are attempting to win national titles don't waste roster spots on 240 pound two star tackles.

Lol, how in the **** do you know every recruit of every team competing for a ship? Answer you don't....And yes they do take 6'5/6'6 250ish kids some time as tackle prospects.

FSU may not be competing for national championships right now but they landed Jalen Goss at 6'6ish 250 last year away from us and Auburn.

Advertisement
Same thing though...Take a kid in the 255-260 range and project him at LT.
You're saying take him the 255-260 range like he isn't listed at 240. Way to just add 20 lbs to a kid in his senior just to make your argument look better.

I wonder what he weighed on his visit. Looking through my database I found a few players who matched this profile. Obviously you're hoping that he's a Chris Lindstrom, who was 235 pounds out of Dudley, MA and grew into a 2nd team All-ACC player for Boston College.

https://bceagles.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9331

The others in this realm are Connor Galvin for Baylor, Jalen Goss for Florida State, Tremayne Anchrum for Clemson (another All-ACC player). All had other P5 offers to fall back on.

For the most part this is a low percentage archetype, but the ones who have the frame to pack on weight quickly generally turn out to be highly athletic players who do make some impact at their programs.

Lol, how in the **** do you know every recruit of every team competing for a ship? Answer you don't....And yes they do take 6'5/6'6 250ish kids some time as tackle prospects.

FSU may not be competing for national championships right now but they landed Jalen Goss at 6'6ish 250 last year away from us and Auburn.

FSU is your example? That's all you got? FSU. Really? They're in worse shape then we are and that's saying something. Goss is reaching too. He was the 754 ranked recruit nationally, but he was at least a three star. This kid is the 2101 ranked recruit, 20 pounds lighter than Goss, and a two star. We can't compete at the level we want to compete at recruiting kids like this. Searels gives us next to nothing. He needs to go.

Advertisement
If Rousseau could put on a ****load of weight then the staff could get this kid to put on weight while taking a redshirt.

FSU is your example? That's all you got? FSU. Really? They're in worse shape then we are and that's saying something. Goss is reaching too. He was the 754 ranked recruit nationally, but he was at least a three star. This kid is the 2101 ranked recruit, 20 pounds lighter than Goss, and a two star. We can't compete at the level we want to compete at recruiting kids like this. Searels gives us next to nothing. He needs to go.

Ya I ain't worried about their little national rank.

You're saying take him the 255-260 range like he isn't listed at 240. Way to just add 20 lbs to a kid in his senior just to make your argument look better.

lol you guys that little magic 15 lb cutoff point. Hilarious.

Advertisement
Yeah...I'm sure that's Searel's logic too.

Ya I give 2 shyts if Searles is fired tom, but I certainly don't care about your little angry mob opinion either. Especially with the logic that you are using that this player simply sucks because he needs weight and was committed to Appalachian State. Teams do take developmental, lanky left tackle prospects on occasion... We have room for all types of OL prospects right now, even risky ones. And App State is putting a pretty **** good product on the field right now, especially on both lines. They'd be favored on a neutral over about 85 of 130 teams right now.

Ya I give 2 shyts if Searles is fired tom, but I certainly don't care about your little angry mob opinion either. Especially with the logic that you are using that this player simply sucks because he needs weight and was committed to Appalachian State. Teams do take developmental, lanky left tackle prospects on occasion... We have room for all types of OL prospects right now, even risky ones. And App State is putting a pretty **** good product on the field right now, especially on both lines. They'd be favored on a neutral over about 85 of 130 teams right now.

So get rid of Searels. That is something we can agree upon. And to be clear, I don't care for your little whistling through the cemetery police how people feel attitude and behavior, and I never said the kid sucked. I am saying we can't compete for national titles recruiting 2 star tackles.

So get rid of Searels. That is something we can agree upon. And to be clear, I don't care for your little whistling through the cemetery police how people feel attitude and behavior, and I never said the kid sucked. I am saying we can't compete for national titles recruiting 2 star tackles.

We don't have a whole roster of them...Take a chance with some length and upside. All they're doing.

Advertisement
Back