Zion Nelson, OT, Sumter HS (SC)

Same thing though...Take a kid in the 255-260 range and project him at LT.
Or take a local kid with better competition, better film, and multiple p5 offers at 6'4" 290lb already. But with issues at tackle already take projects.

Advertisement
Or take a local kid with better competition, better film, and multiple p5 offers at 6'4" 290lb already. But with issues at tackle already take projects.

Maybe they aren't done yet...

But again I already addressed this.

Regardless of what you think about this kid, or how good he is...Or how good the local kids are/aren't. There isn't a kid that is similar to this kid/fits this mold/style as a prospect. Our recent interest in him, Emmaus (sp?)/El Gammall as tackles, Richards and Carr that Ivins said we checked in on a couple weeks back...They are all the same type player, one that isn't available among the local kids. They are all LONG, developmental tackles that you hope have the flexibiltiy/length to play on the left side

Maybe they aren't done yet...

But again I already addressed this.

Regardless of what you think about this kid, or how good he is...Or how good the local kids are/aren't. There isn't a kid that is similar to this kid/fits this mold/style as a prospect. Our recent interest in him, Emmaus (sp?)/El Gammall as tackles, Richards and Carr that Ivins said we checked in on a couple weeks back...They are all the same type player, one that isn't available among the local kids. They are all LONG, developmental tackles that you hope have the flexibiltiy/length to play on the left side
Horrible mentality and way to recruit with our tackle issues and depth...reason 76533010 Searles should not be here. This kid is a bottom of the barrel project when you have options available that are above and beyond what this type of recruit will turn into 95+% of the time. With the way this season and recruiting class are going I guess this is expected.

Horrible mentality and way to recruit with our tackle issues and depth...reason 76533010 Searles should not be here. This kid is a bottom of the barrel project when you have options available that are above and beyond what this type of recruit will turn into 95+% of the time. With the way this season and recruiting class are going I guess this is expected.

95% is a gross exaggeration, but I'll agree the play is a risky one...We have room for some risk if you think the upside is there with overall length/flexibility/athleticism

Schools gamble with kids like this all the time.

Advertisement
Funny , Every bodies salivating over DJ Williams who is committed to App state.

Exactly. It’s only when other big schools want a player do our fans give credence to a recruit. Same thing with the OT Kennedy. So many of our fan base are star and offer sheet whores

Advertisement

D83D903A-38C7-44E2-940B-1C1596D9B21A.gif

95% is a gross exaggeration, but I'll agree the play is a risky one...We have room for some risk if you think the upside is there with overall length/flexibility/athleticism

Room for risk where? Our depth at tackle is nothing. I'm not even sure we have 2 starting caliber tackles on the roster okay and 85%.

Advertisement
Is he a possible EE? That extra spring semester in the weight room will be huge for a kid like this

Advertisement
Room for risk where? Our depth at tackle is nothing. I'm not even sure we have 2 starting caliber tackles on the roster okay and 85%.

Under the 85. They are swinging for upside here. And who says they are done like he is the OL kid we are going to take

Can he put on good weight and keep his a

Not schools that are contending for national championships. This is a kid you take after you have a train load of Evan Neals on your roster.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back